Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

Can libraries cause CTDs?

18 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

if your graphic card is overclocked, drop it back to default values.

This fixed my CTCs.

Thank you, Romeo_Tango.

But my graphic card is not overclocked. It's a NVDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Super and it works perfectly. I have Vsync limited to 30fps in game and the temperature of the GPU Core when flying is about 60-65º C.

The CTDs are extremely whimsical!

Surprisingly, now I have finished a flight with no CTD, but before that I had continuous CTDs with the same aircraft, route, add-ons, etc.,in every singleflight!

No apparent cause or reason for this!

Cheers!

I assume this discussion per libraries refers to what I think of as "asset packs" or scenery object collections.  Is that correct?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I assume this discussion per libraries refers to what I think of as "asset packs" or scenery object collections.  Is that correct?

Yes.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, John Fields said:

Yes, Alvega.

But right now I don't have any library selected and I having continuos CTDs.

Please, ASOBO, fix it!

If you go to your content manager do you have the G1000 NXi installed? 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Yes, that's right!

7 minutes ago, RobJC said:

If you go to your content manager do you have the G1000 NXi installed? 

No, I don't.

39 minutes ago, John Fields said:

No, I don't.

I would do the following, if you have not already:

1. Disconnect any USB devices except a keyboard and mouse. 

2. Make sure your community folder is empty.

3. Make sure your Packages folder only has the Community and Official folders. No other files/folders.

4. Make sure your SimObjects folder (...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimObjects) has nothing except Airplanes and Asobo_...

5. In Content Manager make sure anything that is not official (from Asobo or Microsoft) has been removed. 

Now try the Cessna 172 without the G1000 (or any other plane w/o the G1000) and see if you have stability or not.  

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 hours ago, John Fields said:

Thank you, Romeo_Tango.

But my graphic card is not overclocked. It's a NVDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Super and it works perfectly. I have Vsync limited to 30fps in game and the temperature of the GPU Core when flying is about 60-65º C.

Surprisingly, now I have finished a flight with no CTD, but before that I had continuous CTDs with the same aircraft, route, add-ons, etc.,in every singleflight!

No apparent cause or reason for this!

Cheers!

I have the same card...I also set vsync limited 30fps. Strange how our experiences can differ. Do you use Process Lasso? If you do, disable it. It causes problems if not configured properly.

Edited by Romeo_Tango

Robin

Just another reason why I only bought one add on scenery Key West, and one freeware airport PAVD, and that is it. No CTDs at all. My feeling is that loading a bunch of stuff into the sim, after an update, could be a potential problem. Not going to chance it. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

I have the same card...I also set vsync limited 30fps. Strange how our experiences can differ. Do you use Process Lasso? If you do, disable it. It causes problems if not configured properly.

Hi, 

No, I don't have Process Lasso.

I think the culprit is something very weird.

I don't want to reinstall Windows and MSFS again. I think I will wait till next update (at the end of this month?) and see what happens.  

Thank you for your attention.

10 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just another reason why I only bought one add on scenery Key West, and one freeware airport PAVD, and that is it. No CTDs at all. My feeling is that loading a bunch of stuff into the sim, after an update, could be a potential problem. Not going to chance it. 

Yes,

You have the point. Some CTDs are caused by add-ons.

But consider that also I'm having random CTDs without any add-on installed (libraries, aircraft, scenery, airports...).

So... what's the cause?

Edited by John Fields

16 hours ago, John Fields said:

Thank you, Romeo_Tango.

Best Graphics Settings Guide - Flight Simulator Blog & Performance Boost Tricks - Flight Simulator Blog recommends you turn off Vsync (and gaming mode) and set the frame rate to 45 in your NViidia Control Panel (specifically for MSFS only). Have you tried that, I have a 2080 standard and only VERY occasionally get a CTD now. It may of course be something else but worth a try perhaps?

Edited by Espana Pete

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

1 hour ago, Espana Pete said:

Best Graphics Settings Guide - Flight Simulator Blog & Performance Boost Tricks - Flight Simulator Blog recommends you turn off Vsync (and gaming mode) and set the frame rate to 45 in your NViidia Control Panel (specifically for MSFS only). Have you tried that, I have a 2080 standard and only VERY occasionally get a CTD now. It may of course be something else but worth a try perhaps?

Thank you, Pete!

I'm going to try it right now!

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

Hi, Pete!

I turned off my Vsync in game and set it in NVidia Control Panel (limited FPS to 40).

After that I've done two flights with the Cessna 172 (MSFS default)

1) Around Las Vegas (commercial add-on). No CTD.

2) Around Channel Islands (freeware). And I have a CTD when approaching Jersey airport. I've download this add-on this morning and it is SU5 verified.

No libraries at all.

What is the matter?

I don't know!