Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Gear animation on amphibian planes broken?

Does anyone have working gear animation on the C172 or Husky amphibians?

After SU5 this seems to be broken..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I read somewhere in these forums that the new Working Title G1000NxG that you can download from the Content Manager breaks the C172 water rudder/landing gear.

Try uninstalling that to see if it resolves the issue.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

There was a thread about it, few days ago. Eventually it was found that Rob Young's Bonanza is the cause at least for the Cub and 172. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

First of all, thanks!! 🙂

So how can Rob Young's Bonanza mod possibly impact the gear animation on the amphibians?   (I confirmed that this is indeed the case  btw)...  Can the Bonanza mod be adjusted so that it stops interfering?

Bert

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

I've pinged him Bert

Can confirm that it is the "exterior.xml" file that is the culprit.

If he can use the latest asobo version of this file as the template, the problem should disappear. 😉

Bert

17 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Can confirm that it is the "exterior.xml" file that is the culprit.

If he can use the latest asobo version of this file as the template, the problem should disappear. 😉

Is there a way for me to fix it while Rob doesn't update it? Can I get this file from other plane and paste it on the Bonanza folder?

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

43 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Is there a way for me to fix it while Rob doesn't update it? Can I get this file from other plane and paste it on the Bonanza folder?

Thanks.

If you remove the file from the mod and also edit the layout.json file to no longer mention it, all is well again.. but you no doubt lose some of Robert's turbo effects..

• Like 1

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you remove the file from the mod and also edit the layout.json file to no longer mention it, all is well again.. but you no doubt lose some of Robert's turbo effects..

Ok, thanks Bert. Guess I'll wait for an update.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi all,

I still have not been able to install anything since the SU4 as the download quits, but I think I have found a solution. Illness has also made things difficult. But I confirm that since SU5 Asobo changed the requirement for exterior and interior LOD values, which they hadn't strictly enforced before even in their default aircraft - (I do wish they would let people know this kind of stuff in advance before they update).

How one separate aircraft can affect another is beyond my understanding, but it does seem as though the turbo mod somehow affects other aircraft - so the temp solution is to remove the mod. When I'm up and running I will revise and publish what will be v4 of the mod, but please be patient with me as I am not in great health at the moment. Apologies for any inconvenience to anyone.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

2 minutes ago, robert young said:

Hi all,

I still have not been able to install anything since the SU4 as the download quits, but I think I have found a solution. Illness has also made things difficult. But I confirm that since SU5 Asobo changed the requirement for exterior and interior LOD values, which they hadn't strictly enforced before even in their default aircraft - (I do wish they would let people know this kind of stuff in advance before they update).

How one separate aircraft can affect another is beyond my understanding, but it does seem as though the turbo mod somehow affects other aircraft - so the temp solution is to remove the mod. When I'm up ad running I will revise and publish what will be v5, but please be patient with me as I am not in great health at the moment. Apologies for any inconvenience to anyone.

HI Robert, thanks for the reply. Hope you get well soon, that is the most important. We'll wait.

Thanks.

Alvega

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

Ok, thanks Bert. Guess I'll wait for an update.

If you are looking for an interim workaround.. try this:

1. Find the layout.json file in the mod folder

2. Edit it with Notepad, removing these lines:

{
      "path": "ModelBehaviorDefs/Asobo/Exterior.xml",
      "size": 66015,
      "date": 1602478610656
    },

3. Save

4. Delete the ModelBehaviorDefs folder from the mod.

The only thing you are losing are some prop animation edits, as best I know, and Rob Young's Turbo Bonanza flies as nice as ever 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 5

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you are looking for an interim workaround.. try this:

1. Find the layout.json file in the mod folder

2. Edit it with Notepad, removing these lines:

{
      "path": "ModelBehaviorDefs/Asobo/Exterior.xml",
      "size": 66015,
      "date": 1602478610656
    },

3. Save

4. Delete the ModelBehaviorDefs folder from the mod.

The only thing you are losing are some prop animation edits, as best I know.

Thanks Bert, it worked.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

@bertAfter SU5 Hotfix 2, can one get the benefits of both Robert Young's Turbo V3 modified as above)  and the workingtitle g36 improvement project mods?

If so, what is the best way to organize them? I am finding that with both in the community folder in their default locations, they don't seem to play well together.  

2 hours ago, SkylanePilot said:

@bertAfter SU5 Hotfix 2, can one get the benefits of both Robert Young's Turbo V3 modified as above)  and the workingtitle g36 improvement project mods?

No, these do not play well together as best I know.  You have to choose one (only)..

BTW, that G36 Improvement Project is not by Working Title... 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert