Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Commander 114 and airport tour of Joinville (SBJV)...

The Mega Airports (of the world) are reasonably well-known to us, either from RW visits or via the many well-represented SIM renditions. But there are airports (around the world) that, at least, personally, I would (probably) never see...but, they do play significant roles in their respective countries and regions. A while ago, I'd posted about Paulo Ricardo's Rio (SBRJ), and, at that time, I'd also acquired a smaller airport add-on, for Joinville (SBJV), that I'd not explored yet.

Joinville is a major coastal city in Brazil, south of Rio, past São Paulo, on the eastern coastline of the South Atlantic Ocean, at an appx. distance of 420 flight miles from Rio. I read, it holds the titles of "Brazilian Manchester", "City of Flowers", "City of the Princess", "City of Bicycles" and "City of Dance"...etc., with an interesting demography consisting of people of Portuguese, German, Swiss, Norwegian and Italian descent. Its name is French (Joinville was named after François d'Orléans, prince of Joinville, son of King Louis-Philippe of France, who married Dona Francisca, a princess of the Empire of Brazil)...oh well...

Now, regarding this (likable) GA a/c of this post, a four-seater (see interior cabin shot) and single-engined..., it has the graceful look of a Beech A36/G36 model (and often compared to it), with a conventional T-Tail design (i.e. not as in Beech G35 with that much maligned...but beautiful...🙂...V-Tail...). The original a/c company, Aero Commander, founded during WWII, became, later, a part of Rockwell International, when this plane was conceived. BTW, this SIM, here, is by Carenado, who have also produced two (nice) Aero Commander models (500/690B). This one is referred to as "Rockwell Commander 114" or just "Commander 114". The avionics includes a (period) CENTURY III Autopilot Flight System, with characteristic Rocker Switches for Roll, Heading, Altitude and Pitch Controls (noted, by CENTURY, as the Command Console), along with a pleasing (and clickable) 5-position knob...(like that on a home appliance...🙂...) noted as the Lateral Guidance System (see VC shots). The a/c is a suitable trainer, and, is mostly operated by flying clubs and private individuals.

Please find, below, the Commander 114, in an appealing Swiss livery, lifting off Rwy 33 (SBJV), inland, i.e. towards the low-lying mountains, in the north, (see shots), and, then making a racetrack course, southward, to land, back, on the same Rwy 33, in twilight condition. In the southernmost part of the circuit, the a/c passes over the the water body of the curious (oceanic) inlet, Babitonga Bay (see shots).

Hope you enjoy these images, below, of this a/c, including a few walk-around sights from within the airport....!

Thanks for your interest...! Good flying...!

YuHf7F.png

IACl9j.png

hbvCSP.png

nLze6b.png

QLOk80.png

9zMXiC.png

WpKH6q.png

Rk6LZX.png

SqvNIf.png

OwdCqb.png

09FeJP.png

YmKMqD.png

O5PXWz.png

Dm5iPO.png

P4BZmH.png

laMA39.png

j93Zfu.png

nMcnAJ.png

g3xLGx.png

uXPvAk.png

• Like 10

Excellent set of shots with a nice scenery work around !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

They look superb, P_7878!

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

***Stunning Detail***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

On 8/29/2021 at 3:18 PM, PhotoReal Earth said:

And I'm impressed by the pretty Swiss painting with a fine subtle weathering

Thank you, Torsten.....!! And, I know, you might be partial to a Swiss paint....🙂....