Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

Amazing scenery for...FSX

>Are you trying to sell this stuff?Whats wrong with that? He is not forcing you to buy.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

I think the question is whether or not Andy is associated with Cloud9, or if he is genuinely interested in hearing other people's opinions before he buys. I do, however, question why he thinks it is top of "ART" if he hasn't purchased it yet. Avsim has a strict prohibition on advertising payware products in the forums.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest unitedpilot36

Wow, Cloud9 really seems on top of FSX. Them and Alphasim. :)

Guest Andre77ab

>Wow, Cloud9 really seems on top of FSX. Them and Alphasim. :)>Indeed, I've seen the screenshot and install it at the end (I was too curious if frame rate friendly and quality as well), for me it's a good starting point if the standard for scenery designer is that one :-)And for the other I'm not a software developer (only a "hard simmer" eheh), just look for a feedback and opinion about FSX, is it allowed?Andy

>Wow, Cloud9 really seems on top of FSX. Them and Alphasim. :)>Aerosoft is moving ahead pretty rapidly in the FSX space as well, both with scenery and aircraft.

Guest kappa

and amazing fps! thank you andy!

It looks nice from a few thousand feet up, but when you get close it's so... FS9-like... Ugly. I never liked scenery like that. I just can't get used to seeing those lowres textures up close. As long as it doesn't look as good as for instance Test Drive Unlimited I don't want to have it. Now THAT would be nice! An Hawaii-addon just like Test Drive Unlimited and being able to fly above that! Wow! Well, in a year or ten I'm sure that will happen.

>It looks nice from a few thousand feet up, but when you get>close it's so... FS9-like... Ugly. I never liked scenery like>that. I just can't get used to seeing those lowres textures up>close. As long as it doesn't look as good as for instance Test>Drive Unlimited I don't want to have it. >Now THAT would be nice! An Hawaii-addon just like Test Drive>Unlimited and being able to fly above that! Wow! Well, in a>year or ten I'm sure that will happen.The first thing I noticed in the TDU beta was how the detail textures took so long to load when I zoomed out from the island. I remember that my exact thought was "Well, the flight sim boys will never go for this!"

Well, I wouldn't say NEVER! ;) When you look back how things have progressed in the past 10 years...! But it won't happen with the DX10 patch, no... :(

>It looks nice from a few thousand feet up, but when you get>close it's so... FS9-like... Ugly. As explained in the Cloud9 web site when presenting the product, the photoreal background texture resolution is 60 cm/pixel.Of course, if you don't have your texture resolution in FSX set to that value, you wont see the resolution the scenery was designed with. Using anisotropic filtering on the graphic card is also strongly suggested.

Then I guess they need to go after the Radar Contact, DreamFleet, and Fly Tampa supporters who repeat each others praise of products "available soon".Fully 25% of the posts on these forums end up being some sort of advertising of payware.There are 72 posts on the FS2004 forum on the Maddog MD-8X 'coming soon'.And no, I don't own a single Cloud9 product, and probably will not buy any.Nothing wrong with their products, but I've spend close to $1,000 on FS2004 payware airport scenery - and fly each less than an average of once a month.I'm being much more careful how I spend money on FSX addons.And I'm not complaining or 'flaming' you. It's just my opinion that way too much forum time and space is spend on expounding the virtues or faults of products by people who want to validate their purchase decisions.There is way too much evangelical "I'm right and you are wrong" in the Flight Sim community these days.A few years ago a person could tell us about a new product, or ask about an existing product and receive advice and information from people who actually had the product.Today, maybe one in 10 posts are from someone who actually has the product. The others are from people trying to convince the OP to buy something else.