Sign in to follow this  
harpsi

Before buying...

Hi

Before buying the program, one question: it seems that one can not do a complete pushback to the right or left without touching any key during the process and expecting the aircraft in the proper taxi line afterwards. Is this true? 

I would like to buy the program but if I need to have the options menu visible and I have to touch keys, this is not really useful. The idea would be touching one or two keys before pushback starts and the program or something eles does everything, correct turns included.

Would like to have a confirmation on this. 

Thanks. 

Hi,

A "Distance Pushback" mode is available.

When using that mode, you preselect if you want the plane to turn left or right.

You also need to enter distance to be pushed back.

That does what you want; the caveat however is that PBE can't read where the taxiway line is.

So it won't push you back onto the taxi line by itself.  You'll need to estimate the distance.

Best,

• Upvote 1

Just now, byork said:

Hi,

When using that mode, you preselect if you want the plane to turn left or right.

That does what you want; the caveat however is that PBE can't read where the taxiway line is.

So it won't push you back onto the taxi line by itself.  You'll need to estimate the distance.

Best,

Hey Bryan,

Seems like it's been forever, and please foregive the slightly off topic post, but watching your posts I've been wanting to commend you on your excellent customer service for a while now, and this seemed like a great time to do so!

Hope you are well my friend.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey Bryan,

Seems like it's been forever, and please foregive the slightly off topic post, but watching your posts I've been wanting to commend you on your excellent customer service for a while now, and this seemed like a great time to do so!

Hope you are well my friend.

Cheers, thanks 😉

5 hours ago, byork said:

Hi,

Best,

How do I know the distance? This seems to impossible.

What is then the difference from MSFS pushback and Pushback Express? I used the one from MSFS and we need to have another window opened, then pushback straight and again click in the option to steer left or right. This is too much. But also, if you talk in a distance pushback mode and pushback has normally 3 phases (let's suppose: straight backwards, turning phase and the last one adjusting the aircraft in the taxiway) then we need to know the lenght of those 3 phases. How is this possible with this program? 

4 minutes ago, harpsi said:

How do I know the distance? This seems to impossible.

What is then the difference from MSFS pushback and Pushback Express? I used the one from MSFS and we need to have another window opened, then pushback straight and again click in the option to steer left or right. This is too much. But also, if you talk in a distance pushback mode and pushback has normally 3 phases (let's suppose: straight backwards, turning phase and the last one adjusting the aircraft in the taxiway) then we need to know the lenght of those 3 phases. How is this possible with this program? 

Major differences are:

1. We offer voice control (in addition to menu/button control) in multiple different languages not just English.  That's actually very rare for a voice control app to allow non English speech recognition.

2. We have full audio (multiple international voice sets).  The other ones feature no audio.

Those are the big 2 differences.

As for distance, you'd need to guesstimate the distance to the pushback line.

If you're pushing back from the same spot for every flight, it would just be a matter of trial and error to find the right distance.  And even if you miss the taxi line by a few feet, it's not the end of the world.

It's still better than nothing.

Best,

5 minutes ago, byork said:

Major differences are:

1. We offer voice control (in addition to menu/button control) in multiple different languages not just English.  That's actually very rare for a voice control app to allow non English speech recognition.

2. We have full audio (multiple international voice sets).  The other ones feature no audio.

Those are the big 2 differences.

As for distance, you'd need to guesstimate the distance to the pushback line.

If you're pushing back from the same spot for every flight, it would just be a matter of trial and error to find the right distance.  And even if you miss the taxi line by a few feet, it's not the end of the world.

It's still better than nothing.

Best,

1. What means voice control? Can I speak something like "turn right" and the aircraft starts turning?

2. So, this means I need to try pushback three or four times from the same spot to know which distance I need to push. Right?

3. I remember there was a program called GSX from FSDreamteam that identified the taxi lines. This is not possible with your program. Because some aspects about game coding are not known yet? 

18 hours ago, harpsi said:

1. What means voice control? Can I speak something like "turn right" and the aircraft starts turning?

2. So, this means I need to try pushback three or four times from the same spot to know which distance I need to push. Right?

3. I remember there was a program called GSX from FSDreamteam that identified the taxi lines. This is not possible with your program. Because some aspects about game coding are not known yet? 

1. Voice control is like you speak into your mic: "Flight deck to ground, we are ready for pushback and engine start... brakes released.... brakes set... cleared to disconnect", etc.

We try to use realistic phrases and audio comms.  We don't use phrases like "turn left / turn right".

2. That's correct.  We can't "read" where the taxiway lines are in PBE, so this is the only way for now.

Cheers,

Edited by byork
  • Like 1