Sign in to follow this  
757FO

New Expansion Pack From Microsoft later this year

Guest Mike707

FS Insider gives us new information on when we will get the DX 10 update. Looking forward to it, as well as the expansion pack.

An expansion pack, while not entirely unexpected, is very exciting news.At least some of the suspense is gone now! Looking forward to hearing more about this.

The news of the expansion pack caught me by surprise.The only concern for me, as a developer, is that it appears at this point that the expansion pack will offer extra functionality not contained in the existing standard or deluxe editions.Although it's too early to say, this could possibly suggest that developers are going to need create separate versions of their products: one for standard/deluxe owners and one for people who also own the expansion pack. This will add yet another layer of complexity to an already complex and intricate process.Still, any news that MS is continuing to develop the FS franchise is good news :-)-Bryan

Guest EricMa

Hello Bryan,Though the expansion pack will add new functionality to the FSX platform, it should not impact developers significantly. Any content you create for standard or deluxe will continue to work with the XPack. You will not need to create separate versions, unless your release is leveraging new XPack functionality. I will be able to give you more information on what that functionality is in the coming months.Eric Matteson,PM, FSX: Adrenaline

>I wonder if this is what P-12C Pilot has been hinting at for>awhile...>>See the Some Wild Flying Today blog entry here:>>http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/default.aspx>>Has to be...He also talked in the past about the Red Bull races and incorporating some of that, and a lot of vague references in regards to additional content as opposed to just fixes and alterations.The core mechanics of the platform shouldn't be changing much, as far as things seem. Other than the multiplayer racing, new missions and new airplanes won't change the way the sim runs. So add-on products should stay unchanged.

Man I got to jump in and say that a dx10 patch a year after vista is released is unacceptable. Sorry guys but it just is. *thumbs down*________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>Man I got to jump in and say......what you say every post. By now, we've all got it memorized... :-bang

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>Man I got to jump in and say...>>...what you say every post. By now, we've all got it>memorized... :-bang Pardon? 2 posts does not make it every post so drop the embelishment. If you are happy with a dx10 patch 13 months after fsx is released and 10 months after it was promised then by all means happy flying because I am not! ARgggghhh. It's enough to make me deltree the entire program and ebay it.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>Man I got to jump in and say that a dx10 patch a year after>vista is released is unacceptable. Sorry guys but it just is.>*thumbs down*Right cause there's soooo many DX10 cards and games out right now...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest captaindobbin

With all due respect (and I really mean that), we're talking about a particular simulation, not games. The point is that it's supposed to increase performance. They should not have originally been so vague.

The worrying thing is that they talk about new exclusive features.So now are we going to have:FS-X the regular editionFS-X the deluxe editionFS-X the regular edition SP1FS-X the deluxe edition SP1FS-X Adrenaline installed on any edition (includes SP1?)FS-X the regular edition SP1 & DX10FS-X the deluxe edition SP1 & DX10FS-X Adrenaline installed on any edition (includes SP1?) & DX10And this is only the standard MS released versions without all those performance patches. It loook like a 3rd party supportdesk nightmare!

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

This is getting ridiculous,Not only did MSFT brought us such a horrible half baked simulator , they also now trying to shove their addons down our throats.this doesnt come by surprise though.. i bet they've been analyzing the addon market for a long time and now decided to join it.Lets just hope this addon package doesn't come close to the default aircraft modelling