Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Best part of WU6..

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I think you are answering your own question.  If the default airplanes fly OK, you have a working installation.

Just go easy with testing your addons.. some may need an update..

No need to reinstall MSFS 🙂

Bert,

I agree with you however, the FBW is very strange. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no change. All the other mods are the latest download available.

I will keep trying, of course, but no one else is complaining and that leads me to believe it may well have, at least, something to do with the install.

Regards,

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

6 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Bert,

I agree with you however, the FBW is very strange. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no change. All the other mods are the latest download available.

I will keep trying, of course, but no one else is complaining and that leads me to believe it may well have, at least, something to do with the install.

Regards,

Tony

For the FBW, it may be worth trying the clean install method from their support page...

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/installation/

For other mods, even though they may be the latest available, that doesn't necessarily mean they have been updated to be compatible with the latest FS version and could still be causing problems.

1 minute ago, Sigwolf said:

For the FBW, it may be worth trying the clean install method from their support page...

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/installation/

For other mods, even though they may be the latest available, that doesn't necessarily mean they have been updated to be compatible with the latest FS version and could still be causing problems.

Again, I agree with you. The latest may well not be compatible, BUT, surely, someone else would have commented about the mods not being compatible. Something not gelling here.

Just tried your link and that has worked ... many thanks. I actually uninstalled that installer after FBW joined the market place.  I wont do that again until I am sure the new system works properly.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

Again, I agree with you. The latest may well not be compatible, BUT, surely, someone else would have commented about the mods not being compatible. Something not gelling here.

Just tried your link and that has worked ... many thanks. I actually uninstalled that installer after FBW joined the market place.  I wont do that again until I am sure the new system works properly.

Tony

For the FBW,  I would only recommend the market place version for XBox users that have no other choice.  Otherwise, their installer will provide the most recent version a lot quicker.  For other mods, it's not so simple.  Maybe no one commented because no else else had the exact combination of mods that you use.  It's not as clear cut as it would appear, or should be.  A lot of mods interact with others in very strange ways that no one, including the authors, would have imagined.  Robert Young's Turbo Bonanza interfered with the visual retraction of seaplane landing gear several updates later.  Interactions are still being discovered.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:19 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

Great pics and info!  I pass this on my way to work each day (although you clearly can't see it from ground level on the adjacent A19 road 😄) ...... but didn't know much about it until I read your links.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 9/8/2021 at 9:02 PM, kaosfere said:

Nothing wrong with being deep now and then.   The world needs more of it. 🙂

FWIW, I'm with you 100%.   Everyone's entitled to their own emotions, always, but it really feels like there's some seriously missing perspective from certain folks here a lot of the time.   If something as trivial as transient problems with pretend digital airplanes unhinges you enough to write multiple paragraphs ranting about it...  maybe some time volunteering on a crisis line or something could put your troubles in perspective.

There's a difference between caring deeply about something, and letting it dominate your emotions to an unhealthy degree.

That's not necessarily directed at anyone in particular, just a general thought and observation.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the general trend in the world today. look at politics across the world, there is no compromise in anything anymore. Its all 'my way or no way'.

I am in my late 50s now and I may be wrong but it seems to me that the world becoming more and more intolerant day by day. It just seems different than when I was in my teens and late 20s.

My wifes theory is that advances in technology seems to have left any consideration of others behind.

She may have a point. The internet sure has allowed us to generally express ourselves in any way we wish, without consequences. 

Robin

7 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

My wifes theory is that advances in technology seems to have left any consideration of others behind.

She is right on song!  Tech has given us the opportunity to express ourselves openly and often even when not in the physical presence of each other.  Used to happen mostly at gatherings and on holidays....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

She may have a point.

Wives often do (at least in my experience..) 🙂

Bert

On 9/7/2021 at 5:03 PM, Stoopy said:

I normally don't do this but I went and checked out at least one famous landmark.  Looks good and there was someone else in a TBM or something buzzin' around doing the same thing while I was hovering.

TYGYJQ8.gif

MJIPxW0.gif

Nothing beats getting up close and personal to a castle, than by flying in a helicopter. My choice of vehicle is the marvelous Bell 222B of CowanSim.spacer.png

spacer.png

I tried landing, but it looks like the model of the castle has an invisible floor. This is where I was "landed" on the castle.