Sign in to follow this  
piperarrow41

Stutters on the Ground

I still have this exact issue, stutters on the ground at 50 knots until I take off and get to 300 feet. During that time it’s about 1fps and the plane is uncontrollable. Once in the air, things are smooth. same on landing. 

Going to have to reinstall windows which seems to be the only way to fix it right now (outside of turning of photogrammetry). 

before su 6 the sim was finally running well on my machine. Seems absurd that I have to do a complete install of windows to fix this. 

I very much doubt that reinstalling Windows will fix this. It is an MSFS problem, not a Windows problem. In general, I consider reinstalling Windows an extreme last resort -- in several decades of computing I have never once done it. As for the ground stutters, I and others have the same issue, which we are told is in line to be fixed. Meanwhile, I personally find that running MSFS with photogrammetry turned off is not a major issue. To me, photogrammetry is a mixed bag that, frankly, I can take or leave at this point. Granted it looks good at altitude, but near the ground? Not so much. Furthermore, as it affects only a tiny fraction of the earth's surface, most of my flying is unaffected by turning it off.

Edited by cobalt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cobalt said:

I very much doubt that reinstalling Windows will fix this. It is an MSFS problem, not a Windows problem. In general, I consider reinstalling Windows an extreme last resort -- in several decades of computing I have never once done it. As for the ground stutters, I and others have the same issue, which we are told is in line to be fixed. Meanwhile, I personally find that running MSFS with photogrammetry turned off is not a major issue. To me, photogrammetry is a mixed bag that, frankly, I can take or leave at this point. Granted it looks good at altitude, but near the ground? Not so much. Furthermore, as it affects only a tiny fraction of the earth's surface, most of my flying is unaffected by turning it off.

Unfortunately…this seems like the only plausible solution at the moment. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/stuttering-problem/457087/55

4 hours ago, Ajb376 said:

Going to have to reinstall windows which seems to be the only way to fix it right now (outside of turning of photogrammetry). 

I'm with Cobalt - if disabling photogrammetry fixes the issue temporarily, then it's certainly a simpler path until a fix is issued.

And if you are set on a windows reinstall, maybe give the Win11 upgrade a try.

46 minutes ago, Ajb376 said:

Unfortunately…this seems like the only plausible solution at the moment. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/stuttering-problem/457087/55

I could be wrong, but I think the earlier post reporting that stuttering was cured by a Windows re-install, had a different stuttering problem than the one at issue here -- he was having major stutters unrelated to photogrammetry.

7 hours ago, DylanM said:

And if you are set on a windows reinstall, maybe give the Win11 upgrade a try.

But be aware, an upgrade from Win-10 to Win-11 wont help, only a clean install from an ISO, I was the first to solve this problem with a clean install of Win-10, and my game has run smooth as butter since then, If there is a bug in the game that is causing this problem then a reinstall of the game would have fix the issue, I try that first, but it did not help, I suspect some core files in Windows got corrupted during the update.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

31 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

But be aware, an upgrade from Win-10 to Win-11 wont help, only a clean install from an ISO, I was the first to solve this problem with a clean install of Win-10, and my game has run smooth as butter since then, If there is a bug in the game that is causing this problem then a reinstall of the game would have fix the issue, I try that first, but it did not help, I suspect some core files in Windows got corrupted during the update.

Which is super disappointing but I’ve worked through and exhausted pretty much everything else so this is the last resort to just nuke it and start over. I’ve definitely spent more time downloading or trying to diagnose issues than actually playing the game. I bought a brand new 6k rig and then upgraded to a 3080 to ensure I could run msfs smoothly but here we are. 

• Like 1

Just to understand: your problem is ground stutters that occur only when photogrammetry is turned on, and that disappear when it is turned off? If that is the case, why not just go without photogrammetry until this issue is fixed, probably in the next update -- especially since messing with Windows is unlikely to solve it anyway?  Like you, I have an  upscale system that gives great performance in MSFS, but I see this problem as a temporary one that has very little impact on my flying.

10 hours ago, cobalt said:

Just to understand: your problem is ground stutters that occur only when photogrammetry is turned on, and that disappear when it is turned off? If that is the case, why not just go without photogrammetry until this issue is fixed, probably in the next update -- especially since messing with Windows is unlikely to solve it anyway?  Like you, I have an  upscale system that gives great performance in MSFS, but I see this problem as a temporary one that has very little impact on my flying.

I don’t have high hope but I’m at this point and could wait the few extra weeks I suppose. 

that is the problem. The stutters make the game unplayable and I really love and play the game for the photogrammetry and full immersion in VR

Interesting how different simmers rank things in importance. You can't enjoy MSFS without photogrammetry; to me it's a feature that needs a lot of improvement, and I have no need for it to enjoy this sim.