Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Warning to Newcomers RE Microsoft Marketplace

You would think they would have this operating to it's maximum, and as slick and well organised as possible. Instead at present it's a shambles, updates taking weeks, so after you spent on the product you wanted, it fails to work for weeks on end. i rather go for the big spreadsheet, and knowing if there's  an issue after an update, i know there will be an update sometimes within hours to fix the issue.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Buying from the Market place is like buying a Rolex watch from someone walking down 42nd street in New York City, who has 5 of them on his wrist, and they are all "on sale"

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Buying from the Market place is like buying a Rolex watch from someone walking down 42nd street in New York City, who has 5 of them on his wrist, and they are all "on sale"

Because all the addons are stolen? Or fake? I don't get the reference. 

1 minute ago, 6297J said:

Because all the addons are stolen? Or fake? I don't get the reference. 

If you buy the watch, and walk a few feet and find out that it doesn't work, try getting some support or a refund.  Get it now? 🙄

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If you buy the watch, and walk a few feet and find out that it doesn't work, try getting some support or a refund.  Get it now? 🙄

Ah ok. In those circumstances you would just beat the wordnotaloud out of the vendor so it still doesn't work very well. Never mind. 

4 hours ago, sal9000 said:

And another point, the files in the Marketplace are copyprotected by DRM.

That means, if something happend to your account, the files are gone.

Costs me more then 300 bucks at the past, by hacking my account..

Not just that - it prevent applying (most) mods and 3rd party fixes to Marketplace modules.

5 hours ago, rka said:

The marketplace may be slower regarding updates, but not having to regularly run dozens of different updaters from all the different payware vendors is a huge advantage for a lot of people.

I buy from Simmarket or Orbx, so no issues and I have support from the teams.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

47 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Ah ok. In those circumstances you would just beat the wordnotaloud out of the vendor so it still doesn't work very well. Never mind. 

You will never find the vendor, just like you won't find out how to get an update for what you buy on the marketplace. 

15 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I buy from Simmarket or Orbx, so no issues and I have support from the teams.

Add to that PMDG, Avliasoft, On Course Software. 

Edited by Bobsk8

If Carenado sold on their site I would gladly buy them there but they don't and I like their addons, faults and all so I have no choice. It's the only thing I have bought from the Marketplace, everything else I want is available direct from the maker or publisher. We all have a choice to make and we are all adults. 

If Carenado sold on their site I would gladly buy them there but they don't and I like their addons, faults and all so I have no choice. It's the only thing I have bought from the Marketplace, everything else I want is available direct from the maker or publisher. We all have a choice to make and we are all adults. 

How is your Mooney working? 

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How is your Mooney working? 

Fine apart from a few minor issues that are annoying but I can live with while I wait. Have you uninstalled yours? 

Like I said I like their products and if this is the only way to buy them then so be it. I will buy the C337 the second it is released.  

Fine apart from a few minor issues that are annoying but I can live with while I wait. Have you uninstalled yours? 

Like I said I like their products and if this is the only way to buy them then so be it. I will buy the C337 the second it is released.  

No it just sits on blocks in the hangar, waiting for Carenado and their accomplices at the market Place to fix it. I guess their warranty is , "if it breaks in half, you get to keep both halves. "

Edited by Bobsk8

2 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

What happens if nobody buys from the marketplace?

Then they will put someone in charge of the market Place that knows how E Commerce properly works. 

• Like 4