Sign in to follow this  
Malc

Update

Thanks for the heads-up on the X Box app, folks.  

Previous updates for me have been...er...quirky, but this one seems to be just downright eccentric!  Nevertheless, just like my aged aunt who is also eccentric, it/she usually gets there in the end.

This time round, based on the above advice, I logged into X-box app and, sure enough, it showed me my owned MSFS Sim and also an 'Update' box.  It confirmed the correct location that my MSFS is loaded into.  I clicked the update and it downloaded everything and proudly declared that the update was successful and I was now on Version 1.19.8.0 (and I checked - it was indeed loaded in the correct location)

So I booted up MSFS.  This did its normal 'checking for updates' on start up and declared that there was a mandatory update.  Ah,methinks, it will now simply install the download it's just done.  

Nah....it downloaded it all at my 2Mb/s (and yes - I'm on up to date fibre broaband) all over again.  And yes, to the same (correct) location.

As I say, 'eccentric'.

But, just like my aunt, it eventually got to its destination with a flourish.

And so far, nothing broken - although nothing much seems different to me as far as a few test flights have revealed.  But maybe there's a new WOW switch lurking in the depths of the settings. 

As far as these things go, I class it a success  😉

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Malc said:

Where would I have been without this forum ?

on the official forums.flightsimulator.com ?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

8 hours ago, AJZip said:

And so far, nothing broken - although nothing much seems different to me as far as a few test flights have revealed.  But maybe there's a new WOW switch lurking in the depths of the settings. 

Have you looked in the Content Manager yet? There are numerous updates waiting to be downloaded from there also.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Have you looked in the Content Manager yet? There are numerous updates waiting to be downloaded from there also.

Yes - all up to date.

Don't get me wrong - I'm well pleased with how it is looking and behaving (I fly VR only).  But, other than the new world regions, is seems pretty similar to SU5+.

I suppose I was swayed by some of the other threads with folks getting very excited that the LOD, etc, is a lot better.  There seem to be pretty much as many pop-ins as before (such as factory roofs popping into detail when you are already flying pretty close and hills and mountains continually morphing as you fly past.  I have LOD on Ultra but maybe there's other settings I haven't found yet.

But not a moan, just an observation - it is still a remarkable experience.  I've just been flying over a Scottish loch that I've just come back from a week's holiday at.  I was actually able to see where we got onto wrong paths on some of the fell-walking trips and which paths we should have taken!!!!  🙂

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Please help.  I downloaded the X Box App and launched it.  I saw the MSFS version I have installed and clicked "Play" hoping that would start the update, but it didn't.  A message comes up telling me my "license could not be authenticated" and to go to the MS store and sign in, which I did.  It also told me to go to MSFS and login into the X Box live account.  I can't get into MSFS to do this as it won't launch without the update.  I'm now stuck and would appreciate any help to get through this.  Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Hans