Sign in to follow this  
Hectarea

FSDT KJFK p3d v4.5 problems

I've recently installed FSDT KJFK v2 into p3d v4.5 hotfix 3, and it seems to have problems.

All default traffic and AI aircraft (JF Traffic Global) are in wrong positions. Traffic appears next to runway 31L lol. Also, other objects like jetways are totally bugged.

This seems to only occur at JFK. I have KLAX installed and doesn't show any problems.

ORBX regional scenery is inserted below addon scenary.

I have reinstalled the scenery and nothing happened, same thing.

https://imgur.com/82Gy8pO

https://imgur.com/a/FHHwA6P

Edited by Hectarea

This is almost certainly the result of having multiple ADE/AFX/AFCAD files for JFK.  A common source of unintended airport files is 3rd party AI traffic packages, so I'd check to see if Traffic Global is inserting a bunch of custom ADE files into your scenery structure to facilitate traffic.  If that's the case, you have to disable those that conflict with any other add-on sceneries that include their own ADE (or equivalent) airport files (which is most all of them).

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

28 minutes ago, w6kd said:

This is almost certainly the result of having multiple ADE/AFX/AFCAD files for JFK.  A common source of unintended airport files is 3rd party AI traffic packages, so I'd check to see if Traffic Global is inserting a bunch of custom ADE files into your scenery structure to facilitate traffic.  If that's the case, you have to disable those that conflict with any other add-on sceneries that include their own ADE (or equivalent) airport files (which is most all of them).

As far as I'm concerned Traffic Global doesn't insert too many bgl files like UTL or others, but I'm not really sure.

UTL doesn't use bgls but uses simconnect for traffic.

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Go and download Little NavMap. Let is scan your scenery library, and in the map view zoom in on JFK. Click on it and it will display airport information, including all files from which it derives information on comms and airport layout - AFCADs. It will show you if there are any duplicate ones. Then just follow the listed path and disable any that are not related to FSDT's KJFK.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

12 hours ago, Hectarea said:

As far as I'm concerned Traffic Global doesn't insert too many bgl files like UTL or others, but I'm not really sure.

TG is 100% the issue. It adds about 2000 ade files and causes duplicate conflicts at any airport that you have addon scenery for.

Disable the entire AirportFacilities folder and just not worry about it.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Go and download Little NavMap. Let is scan your scenery library, and in the map view zoom in on JFK. Click on it and it will display airport information, including all files from which it derives information on comms and airport layout - AFCADs. It will show you if there are any duplicate ones. Then just follow the listed path and disable any that are not related to FSDT's KJFK.

I've just used NavMap and it indicated me 3 files: APX28170.bgl, appr_KJFK.bgl and KJFK_FSDT.bgl.

appr_KJFK.bgl and KJFK_FSDT.bgl are the ones from FSDT KJFK. I tried deleting APX28170.bgl and nothing happened, same problem.

I searched for any kjfk bgl file at sim root and found KJFK_ALT.bgl. I deleted it and again same thing.

Went to Traffic Global scenery folder and found AFX_KJFK.bgl. Again, nothing happened.

Every time I start up the sim at JFK ATC starts without me activating it. It starts calling the same Delta flight every single time, followed by a SWA one.

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

TG is 100% the issue. It adds about 2000 ade files and causes duplicate conflicts at any airport that you have addon scenery for.

Well I thought the same, but apparently didn't help deleting any kjfk bgl file from TG

16 minutes ago, Hectarea said:

I tried deleting APX28170.bgl and nothing happened, same problem.

You shouldn’t delete the P3D default files because they often contain AFCADS for other default airports in the area. Hopefully you can restore it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

20 minutes ago, Hectarea said:

Went to Traffic Global scenery folder and found AFX_KJFK.bgl. Again, nothing happened.

Every time I start up the sim at JFK ATC starts without me activating it. It starts calling the same Delta flight every single time, followed by a SWA one.

That’s not the problem you started the topic with. The issue was traffic being parked in the wrong area which is an AFCAD/ADE file issue. 

The TG ADE file you removed should fix the parking issue.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

14 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

That’s not the problem you started the topic with. The issue was traffic being parked in the wrong area which is an AFCAD/ADE file issue. 

The TG ADE file you removed should fix the parking issue.

So what should I do? Edit the bgl file?

41 minutes ago, Hectarea said:

I've just used NavMap and it indicated me 3 files: APX28170.bgl, appr_KJFK.bgl and KJFK_FSDT.bgl.

appr_KJFK.bgl and KJFK_FSDT.bgl are the ones from FSDT KJFK. I tried deleting APX28170.bgl and nothing happened, same problem.

I searched for any kjfk bgl file at sim root and found KJFK_ALT.bgl. I deleted it and again same thing.

Went to Traffic Global scenery folder and found AFX_KJFK.bgl. Again, nothing happened.

If your radio is set to a valid JFK ATC frequency, you will hear ATC talking to the AI.  There's nothing to activate--it's there because the AI and ATC are active and your radio is set to an ATC freq.

AFX_KJFK.bgl is the duplicate airport file (from TG) that caused your issue with AI taxiing off the pavement, and also probably caused your jetway problems  That file should be disabled or removed.

KJFK_ALT.bgl is an airport altitude correction file and should be left alone.  APX28170.bgl is a default scenery file and should be left alone.  appr_KJFK.bgl and KJFK_FSDT.bgl are FSDT scenery files and should be left alone if you want the FSDT scenery active.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

41 minutes ago, w6kd said:

If your radio is set to a valid JFK ATC frequency, you will hear ATC talking to the AI.  There's nothing to activate--it's there because the AI and ATC are active and your radio is set to an ATC freq.

AFX_KJFK.bgl is the duplicate airport file (from TG) that caused your issue with AI taxiing off the pavement, and also probably caused your jetway problems  That file should be disabled or removed.

KJFK_ALT.bgl is an airport altitude correction file and should be left alone.  APX28170.bgl is a default scenery file and should be left alone.  appr_KJFK.bgl and KJFK_FSDT.bgl are FSDT scenery files and should be left alone if you want the FSDT scenery active.

I tried deleting the AFX_KJFK.bgl file. Unfortunately traffic positions are still a mess. Lots of jetway models are incomplete.

Did you put the APX28170.bgl back to where it is supposed to be? Restarted the sim etc?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

8 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Did you put the APX28170.bgl back to where it is supposed to be? Restarted the sim etc?

Yes