Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

How to get bushtrip flightplans into the GPS?

I only recently started discovering the bushtrips (and they are amazing). When I flew my first bushtrip the flightplan was loaded into the Working Tilte G1000 NXi and I could just follow it in NAV mode and enjoy the scenery. In the latest version of the G1000 NXi it is not loaded anymore.

As far as I understand, with the bushtrips the flightplan is not loaded into the GPS intentionally (to make it harder) and that it previously was loaded into the G1000 NXi was a bug of this mod which was corrected with the latest update.

I know that I can enter the flightplan into the G1000 myself (which would be very tedious with the many user waypoints) and I also know that of course it is much more of a challenge and can be a lot of fun to fly the bushtrips without the GPS. Still sometimes I'm lazy and just want to enjoy the scenery of the bustrips.

So I'd like to be able to have the flightplan loaded into the GPS on bushtrips.

Is there a way to accomplish that? Maybe a setting in the .PLN or .FLT file of the bushtrip? Or in a file of the G1000 NXi?

Or maybe Working Titile could make it optional to re-enable that "bug"? 😉

Edited by RALF9636

What bush trips are you talking about?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

24 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What bush trips are you talking about?

The default bush trips of MSFS under Activities - Bush Trip.

I haven't tried those yet, but it sure sounds fun, especially if it automatically loads you up with the flightplan ready to go. I would expect it to be like that for those bush trips. Perhaps its a bug and that normal behavior is suppose to behave with the flightplan loaded into the g1000.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I haven't tried those yet, but it sure sounds fun, especially if it automatically loads you up with the flightplan ready to go. I would expect it to be like that for those bush trips. Perhaps its a bug and that normal behavior is suppose to behave with the flightplan loaded into the g1000.

If I remember correctly in the release notes of the latest update of the G1000 NXi it was noted as a bugfix that the flightplan is not loaded anymore into the GPS automatically for bush trips. So I assume the flightplan by default is not supposed to be loaded into the GPS for the bush trips.

Edited by RALF9636

I don’t think there’s a way around it. Maybe I’m missing something, but the legs are short. 
If you put in the airport in the GPS I think that gives you a little info. Personally I like using radio navigation.

Have you tried disabling the G1000nxi for these flights? 

Unfortunately the G1000nxi and the VFR map do not talk to each other, at present.

That should be a temporary situation, and in some future SU release this may very well be resolved..

I would expect the default G1000 to still communicate with the VFR map..

Bert

You can load the .pln file in an external GPS program like Little Navmap. I do this all the time and it works. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

15 minutes ago, pmb said:

You can load the .pln file in an external GPS program like Little Navmap. I do this all the time and it works. 

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, I do that as well. Still that doesn't  bring the plan into the G1000 NXi.

What also works is to load the bush trip's .pln file for a normal free flight. But that way the bush trip features like the Navlog descriptions get lost (and of course you won't make any progress in the Bush Trips - but I don't care too much about that).

I am looking for a way to normally start the bush trip and have the flightplan loaded into the G1000 NXi. Since exactly that happened before the latest update of the G1000 NXi, there must be a way to make it possible. The Working Title team surely knows how. 😉

Edited by RALF9636

I haven't tried the bush trips yet - they are certainly on my to-do list.  Question - has anyone tried removing the NXi for those flights and putting in the WT g1000 or GTN750 mods instead?

Randall Rocke

On 9/12/2021 at 10:23 PM, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

How is that done ? :-) (location of the .pln ? maybe)

Thanks

I use Navigraph to determine next airport (leg waypoint)

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

You find the .pln files here (for example for the Alaska Bushtrip):

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\asobo-bushtrip-alaska\Missions\Asobo\BushTrips\Alaska\Alaska.pln

Meanwhile I don't fly the Bush Trips as such any more at all because of all the limitations and bugs. I just take the .pln files, load them into LittleNavMap, adjust them to my liking, export and load the adjusted flightplan into MSFS, choose my aircraft, weather, time and date the way I like it, start Bushtalk Radio and enjoy the flight.

If you want to have a look at the NavLog descriptions from the Bush Trips you can find them here:

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\asobo-bushtrip-alaska\en-US.locPak

Edited by RALF9636

20 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

How is that done ? 🙂 (location of the .pln ? maybe)

In LNM, goto File|Open Flightplan. Then navigate to the .pln file, Taking the France Bushtrip as an exaple, it's under

M:\MSFS\Official\Steam\asobo-bushtrip-france\Missions\Asobo\BushTrips\France

(maybe different for MS Store users).

LNM will display the legs then.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The bush trips are amazing...but just a word of warning that SU5 and 6 broke them quite thoroughly (including leg completion and POIs). Some (like the French alps trip) seem to still work though so perhaps give that a try. 

7 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Meanwhile I don't fly the Bush Trips as such any more at all because of all the limitations and bugs. I just take the .pln files, load them into LittleNavMap, adjust them to my liking, export and load the adjusted flightplan into MSFS, choose my aircraft, weather, time and date the way I like it, start Bushtalk Radio and enjoy the flight.

Thanks Ralph, you beat me 🙂 Unfortunately, I've given up on the BushTrips for now as well. They're a clever feature but the numerous bugs are just too disturbing. I take legs 1-4 and the next day when I'm about to do leg 5 my machine sits at the takeoff airport at midnight. (Yes; I know how to proceed, but it's nasty.)

I hope they will cure them one day.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1