Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Oversize '11' sign at Nassau Intl.

45 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I had the giant cube in Nassau some time ago and it was caused by 4 sceneries: They are TDPD, TJCP, TLPC and another one of the Point-a-Pitre port. They are all from a developer called Bernardofly, downloaded from Flightsim.to. Took me some time to find out which ones were causing the problem but I eventually figured it out. If you have those try disabling them and check if you still see the cube.

Edit: Looks like he changed his name there from Bernardofly to wilfridlisandro.

I just finished testing it all.  The Rubik's Cube culprit was Maccosim's EGBB scenery addon.

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I have the issue full vanilla unmolested MSFS...nothing in community folder

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

18 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

That's weird!!!!

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

19 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

I’m starting to think we may have an issue with scenery we bought through the marketplace.  I emptied my community folder and the sign is still there. None of the scenery here that was proposed solutions I have installed.  Now the problem is searching in FS all the scenery I bought.  There’s no easy way to do it.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

We found the problem and, in this case, it seems it's caused by a combination of two problems:

- The freeware AYDY scenery that comes with a .BGL that places two objects on the side of RWY 14 at MYNN, like in the SDK Sample, one of them using the same GUID of the default "box" sample, otherwise known as the "Rubik cube". The box was supposed to be very big, hence the sample used the "50" scale.

- The default scenery for EGPR - Barra Airport using the same GUI from the SDK sample for an "11" sign.

So, basically:

- Those having both the SDK sample and the AYDY scenery (or another scenery that placed that object at MYNN ) but NOT the UK World Update, would see a "Rubik Cube" at MYNN, because that's what the sample assigned to that guid.

- Those having the AYDY scenery (or another scenery that placed that object at MYNN ) AND the UK World Update, would instead see a big "11" sign at MYNN, because the EGPR Barra from the UK World Update defined that guid to be an "11" sign, and the AYDY scenery PLACED IT at MYNN, because the file OBJECTS.BGL is basically a copy of the same file in the SDK MYNN Sample.

Due to the 50x Scale set here, the "11" sign appears to be very big, because the EGPR airport re-used the guid normally used in the SDK sample for the Box and the AYDY scenery placed it at MYNN at scale 50x, like in the sample.

A more detailed explanation here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25562.msg168146.html#msg168146

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

We found the problem and, in this case, it seems it's caused by a combination of two problems:

- The freeware AYDY scenery that comes with a .BGL that places two objects on the side of RWY 14 at MYNN, like in the SDK Sample, one of them using the same GUID of the default "box" sample, otherwise known as the "Rubik cube". The box was supposed to be very big, hence the sample used the "50" scale.

- The default scenery for EGPR - Barra Airport using the same GUI from the SDK sample for an "11" sign.

So, basically:

- Those having both the SDK sample and the AYDY scenery (or another scenery that placed that object at MYNN ) but NOT the UK World Update, would see a "Rubik Cube" at MYNN, because that's what the sample assigned to that guid.

- Those having the AYDY scenery (or another scenery that placed that object at MYNN ) AND the UK World Update, would instead see a big "11" sign at MYNN, because the EGPR Barra from the UK World Update defined that guid to be an "11" sign, and the AYDY scenery PLACED IT at MYNN, because the file OBJECTS.BGL is basically a copy of the same file in the SDK MYNN Sample.

Due to the 50x Scale set here, the "11" sign appears to be very big, because the EGPR airport re-used the guid normally used in the SDK sample for the Box and the AYDY scenery placed it at MYNN at scale 50x, like in the sample.

A more detailed explanation here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25562.msg168146.html#msg168146

The only problem with what's you saying here is I don't have AYDY installed.  The elephant in the room is any scenery using this old development method could be at play.  Multiple old sceneries could cause this where you delete one and see the problem not solved because you have another scenery with the exact same issue.  Updating as many sceneries as you can where there the developers caught this is the only help.  Other than that it's a nightmare finding all the sceneries that could be at fault.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

The only problem with what's you saying here is I don't have AYDY installed.  

That precisely why I said:

Those having the AYDY scenery (or another scenery that placed that object at MYNN )

Nowhere I said AYDY is the ONLY scenery that might have done that. I only said it's the one I tested, so it's confirmed IT IS causing that but, as I've said there, there might be others doing the same.

ANYTHING that places something at MYNN, using that GUID, WILL result in a big "11" sign IF you have also the UK World Update installed, because that GUID from the SDK sample has been re-used by the EGPR airport from the UK World update airport to create an "11" sign. 

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

Guess that's why I see the "Rubik Cube" and not the 11 sign if I have those TDPD, TJCP, TLPC sceneries from Bernardofly installed. I don't have the Uk World update installed. I just don't understand why those sceneries add an object on MYNN. Go figure.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Other than that it's a nightmare finding all the sceneries that could be at fault.

That's only because you are not using the proper tools. You need:

- A tool that can RECURSIVELY search an hexadecimal sequence of bytes in a set of files ( like *.BGL in the main Community and Official folders )

- Knowing how a GUID is represented in hexadecimal, in this case, the  b5a61705-97ef-4cc3-a058-4eb7743564cf GUID will appear as follows as expressed as an hexadecimal sequence:

05 17 A6 B5 EF 97 C3 4C A0 58 4E B7 74 35 64 CF

So, if you have a tool that allows you to do such search, you should be able to find the culprit ( or culprits ) in a few seconds.

1 minute ago, virtuali said:

That's only because you are not using the proper tools. You need:

- A tool that can RECURSIVELY search an hexadecimal sequence of bytes in a set of files ( like *.BGL in the main Community and Official folders )

- Knowing how a GUID is represented in hexadecimal, in this case, the  b5a61705-97ef-4cc3-a058-4eb7743564cf GUID will appear as follows as expressed as an hexadecimal sequence:

05 17 A6 B5 EF 97 C3 4C A0 58 4E B7 74 35 64 CF

So, if you have a tool that allows you to do such search, you should be able to find the culprit ( or culprits ) in a few seconds.

What are some tools that can give me this information?

• Like 1

FS2020 

18 minutes ago, Dillon said:

What are some tools that can give me this information?

I use Total Commander for Windows, which has many features, one of them is searching inside files/folders for specific text OR hex sequences, this is a screenshot how the search page would like like in this case:

spacer.png

I've added the TDPD scenery from BernardoFly too, confirming it has the SAME problem. I'm sure there are many utilities offering a similar way to search into files, recursively, for patterns of bytes.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I just don't understand why those sceneries add an object on MYNN. Go figure

Most likely, they copied the sample project from the SDK without removing the things not relevant to the Sample airport (MYNN), so when it was compiled, it added the "objects.bgl" file from the sample to their package too.

Edited by virtuali

1 minute ago, virtuali said:

Most likely, they copied the sample project from the SDK without removing the things not relevant to the Sample airport (MYNN), so when it was compiled, it added the "objects.bgl" file from the sample to their package too.

Thanks so much for getting to the bottom of this.  There was a problem before this one where sceneries miles away would cause other sceneries to crash.  I had a big problem with the freeware KMYF causing a crash on load-up of the payware TAPA.  This has since been resolved.  The payware MMZH had a problem with leaving highlighted lines on runways way up north in the Seattle area among other places, again this has since been fixed.  As FS2020 goes through it's changes month by month so much needs to be updated on a constant bases it's hard to keep up.

FS2020 

I just found this thread and want to thank all of you doing the detective work.  

That HUGE sign was driving me nuts every time I flew in and out of Nassau.  I figured it was possibly due to the nice scenery sets from "Goldenred49" that I had installed.

• Like 1

Alexander Alonso

1 hour ago, FlyAndFight said:

I just found this thread and want to thank all of you doing the detective work.  

That HUGE sign was driving me nuts every time I flew in and out of Nassau.  I figured it was possibly due to the nice scenery sets from "Goldenred49" that I had installed.

The "Goldenred49" sceneries are fine and don't cause this problem. I have them installed too.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White