Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ghost

AutoGen Trees only

Guest Ghost

What are the setting I can use so I will have AutoGen Trees but have NO AutoGen Buildings?ThanksRobert

Guest UlfB

Robert,Edit your fsx.cfg file. Under the section TERRAIN you have the lines: TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500 TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=3000Change TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL to 0. Should do the trick.Ulf B

Ulf;Please forgive me if you've tried this and know that it works.....butin some cases setting 0 will indicate "unlimited" so you might keep itin mind.Just in case you enter it and end up with more buildings than you started with:-eekAlso....once again could be wrong....but I think you have to ADD thosetwo lines :-hmmm

Guest UlfB

Denny,Thanks for your concern. Setting the value to zero works for me. I've tried it. And sure your right about having to add the lines. I had forgotten about that.Ulf B :-)

Didn't some people report problems with TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=0?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest FxF3

I think one of the Aces guys did saying not to use 0 but 80 or something like that. I have set mine to ) before but some small houses still show up not many but a few so who knows. I now run mine at 6000 on each. It seems like FSX tanks on my sytem at around 15 FPS no matter how much autogen I have so might as well go crazy.

>I think one of the Aces guys did saying not to use 0 but 80>or something like that. I have set mine to ) before but some>small houses still show up not many but a few so who knows. >>I now run mine at 6000 on each. It seems like FSX tanks on my>sytem at around 15 FPS no matter how much autogen I have so>might as well go crazy.I'm trying 6000 at the moment. Seattle looks good and I laugh in the face of low framerates. :-lol

This is a really good tip ! I had already turned off autogen completely, but am now allowing a couple of trees back...Give me a couple of weeks and the trees will be back, and I'll be buying a new computer : - )

Bert