Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

how do I post pictures and photographs?

There used to be drag and drop thing at the bottom of the posting screen that let you attach photos to the bottom of your message.  What happened to that and how can I post pictures now?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

4 minutes ago, birdguy said:

There used to be drag and drop thing at the bottom of the posting screen that let you attach photos to the bottom of your message.  What happened to that and how can I post pictures now?

Noel

Instructions posted in this link.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That looks more complicated than the old method of just dragging the picture from your picture folder to the thing that used to be at the bottom of the screen.  No third party programs were required.  I get too easily confuse with all this rigemorole.  I'll just tick to posting my stories.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

That looks more complicated than the old method of just dragging the picture from your picture folder to the thing that used to be at the bottom of the screen.  No third party programs were required.  I get too easily confuse with all this rigemorole.  I'll just tick to posting my stories.

Noel

It’s a little more work but not too complicated once you do it a few times. If you can install and maintain your P3D install, uploading photos to a photo host and pasting the links here shouldn’t be too hard to do, just takes a little more time.

I believe either Tom or Jim removed the forum feature for users to upload photos directly into the forum due to the amount of space it ends up taking on the server storage. Remember the storage space here is not unlimited and with the amount of uploads to library, screen shot forum, and other areas of the forum, space runs out and a sacrifice needed to be made as to what would be turned off. In this case l, that was allowing users to upload screen shots directly.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

40 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

If you can install and maintain your P3D install, uploading photos to a photo host and pasting the links here shouldn’t be too hard to do, just takes a little more time.

You're talking to a guy that gets po'ed at his P3D install and deletes it once a month or so. He's been doing that for at least a year.

Sue

• Like 1

Just did it again today Sue.  For some reason I lost Orbx California and wasn't able to get it back again.  I completely deleted and reinstalled it twice from Orbx Central without any luck.

I deleting everything except FS2004.  I still know how that works.

My remembering how to do things gets worse by the day.

Noel 

You don't need a 3rd party program, nor do you need to register at imgur.com to post your pictures into your own individual imgur page there. You just click your user icon which is always on the upper left and then on 'images' and then on 'add images' and then drag images from your computer to your own imgur page. Then click on any image in your imgur page and box with the URL to that picture appears. Click on that box and the link to the image goes into your windows clipboard. And paste that link into your Avsim message with "Insert image from URL"

Meanwhile that picture stays in your imgur page forever, or until you delete it. So just don't ever delete them because that would remove the image from the avsim forum message. So leave the images in your imgur page forever so that the images in your avsim forum message will remain forever.

https://imgur.com/

Might sound complicated, but Imgur grew to be a gigantic website while other similar sites failed largely because the Imgur user interface was so simple and easy.

You don't need to login to imgur if you just stay logged into ingur all the time every day. And you can login to imgur without being a member of imgur. You do that by loging into imgur by clicking the 'log in with google' icon. You don't have to do that every time, just once. And then you will stay logged into imgur all the time every day, and never have to login at imgur to use it.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.