Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

TBM930 CTD

Flying the TBM930 with the WT g3000.  Half the time I get a CTD as soon as I turn on the battery.  Is there a secret handshake or some other way to get this plane started?

Tom

Tom

I get CTDs with the TBM without any mods. I think it is just nerfed. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

30 minutes ago, tjrush said:

Half the time I get a CTD as soon as I turn on the battery

Did you see this?

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

42 minutes ago, tjrush said:

Flying the TBM930 with the WT g3000.  Half the time I get a CTD as soon as I turn on the battery.  Is there a secret handshake or some other way to get this plane started?

Tom

It is randomly crashes when bat on for some setups. Known issue by workingtitle team. But they say it is related to asobo codes. Unfortunately No solution so far.

Edited by spitzer45

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

59 minutes ago, tjrush said:

Tom

Do you by chance also have Shift-Z Stats running also. I read where there were issues when running the WT-G3000 at the same time.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

I have read that binding the battery switch command to a button on your controller should solve the problem, I have not tested it myself yet.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I've had recent success using the keyboard shortcut to start the battery (ALT+B if I recall correctly) rather than using the mouse. I can then turn on the generator with the mouse and continue with no CTD.

I bet that now I have posted this I will CTD next start.

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Because I had CTDs mostly at specific airports, I spent several hours looking for incompatible add-ons ... Good to know, that it is not another add-on. I hope MS/AS will fix this. Is it already on the Bug List?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, ck49 said:

Hi,

You can try turning on the battery at night, then go back to live time.

this is joke? 

C. Uygar

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

Because I had CTDs mostly at specific airports, I spent several hours looking for incompatible add-ons ... Good to know, that it is not another add-on. I hope MS/AS will fix this. Is it already on the Bug List?

Yes it is related to g3000, but workingtitle guys said that asobo codes causes this ctd. We have to wait a fix from asobo unfortunately. 

C. Uygar

I try to bind the battery switch command to a button on my throttle, but got CTD at first try, and that was with default aircraft and WT-3000, the problem is related to WT-3000, the default G-3000 works just fine, but who want to use that outdated avionics? I have parked my TBM until the problem is resolved.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

As the OP, I thank everyone for their suggestions. None worked for me. I still get random CTDs when starting the battery.  I thought about trying the automatic start but, when I press CTL-E, nothing happens.  Can someone confirm that control E doesn't work on the TBM?

Inasmuch as I don't fly onlline, an alternative that works for me is to start at the runway. Not idesal but, for me, it's better than having to restart MSFS.

Tom

Tom