Sign in to follow this  
Malc

Accents keep changing

At first I was pleasantly surprised to hear an English accent  ( ATC and pilot ) when flying in the UK even though the British accent was rather strange.

The problem I am having is that the accent can change at any time during the flight from American to British or visa versa.

I recently was flying over Spain and to my surprise the English accent was heard but then reverted to American.

Any idea how I can configure this to be correct  ?

Thanks

This happens because your system is switching from online (Azure server) to offline (Windows) voice synthesis. Why ? Internet trouble. It could be on your side, it could be on the server side, no idea. If you want to insure you always have the same "accent", there is one easy solution : go to the options and select "Offline" voice synthesis. MSFS will then always use the Win10 voice synthesis, that does not depend on Internet's health.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haddock31 said:

This happens because your system is switching from online (Azure server) to offline (Windows) voice synthesis. Why ? Internet trouble. It could be on your side, it could be on the server side, no idea. If you want to insure you always have the same "accent", there is one easy solution : go to the options and select "Offline" voice synthesis. MSFS will then always use the Win10 voice synthesis, that does not depend on Internet's health.

Thanks Haddocks 32 I will do that. Thanks for your response.

I find offline better since they fixed the high pitched pilots voice.  I found Azure to be too laggy with my poor internet connection.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Haddock31 said:

My last 2 flights the last 2 days have had ATC issues. The 1st I got the switching to Offline before I took off. The 2nd I didn't get the warning but when the flight started I was getting a British accent on a flight from San Diego to Acapulco. About half way there I lost all ATC communication and was then just getting my co-pilots responses. And on both flights I did not get the correct altitude adjustments for the ILS approaches and was too high to catch the GS. I am on 100meg fibre.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

I got a Somalian accent flying down the Red Sea area the other day. Or it might have been Eritrean... I am no expert on these things! 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.