Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Press any key to start - loop

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

A stab in the dark if I may. Does your MB clock work OK ? Not frozen from time to time ? I have this issue with my old ASUS and some apps hate it.

That would be nice, but no. Date and time are spot on. I'm about to fire up MSFS. Can't wait to see what is does this time. 😁

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Posted (edited)

Loop de loop again.

For what it's worth, this may help. I followed the instructions like a lamb to the slaughter but it worked! Whether it's a long fix or a short term fix only time will tell.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/error-gamingservicesuiexe-two-point-hospital-pc/63a89747-e020-4a07-a619-2189fb1f9773

Click on the Replies (7)

Edited by Ron Attwood

Posted (edited)

I default to the loop again...

One thing I have noticed is in services the Xbox live game save ALWAYS reverts to manual (Trigger) even though I set it to automatic, apply and save...it's clearly not saving.

Right, I have also noticed this...

I go into msconfig (system configuration)...select services.....check the hide all Microsoft services, then disable all and apply...message telling me to restart.

On restart and opening the box live app I am already signed in with my profile pic and name showing in top left corner so what on earth is triggering it to not sign me in on start up.. 

Edited by davenicoll
Addition

Posted (edited)

Try the cure as I linked to. I've had 3 good starts so far. Use Powershell (search) I used Command Prompt on other occasions. I don't know if it's very different but it worked on the last 'cure'.

Edited by Ron Attwood
Forgot something

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GeoSkyman said:

This is exactly what I’m suffering since yesterday, any solution in the horizon?

What I do for the time being is every time I shut down the PC I remove Gaming Services with Powershell (Admin), then when I turn on PC, I open Xbox App and it reinstalls Gaming Services, then Flight Sim works perfectly. I just need to remember always to remove Gaming Services. Instructions for doing this are below. Note that where it says 'Restart System' I don't restart (well I suppose I do), but I just delete Gaming Services before shutting down, it should make sense. If you forget to remove Gaming Services, you will have to restart the PC if you then turn on PC and want to use MSFS, i.e. you would need to remove Gaming Services, Restart, open Xbox App etc...

This has worked 100% of the time for me.

I suppose we have all got used to checking for it saying Syncing Data in the launch splash screen of MSFS where it cycles through, Launching Game, Checking for Updates, etc. If it says Syncing Data, all will be good.

Instructions

Reinstall Gaming Services
Right-click on the Windows Start button and select PowerShell (Admin).
In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Restart your system.
Start the Xbox application. You should see a Green or Blue banner with the following message: "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services are needed for playing some games. Administrator approval is required. Install"
Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services.
After the installation is complete, you should be able to install and start games again.

Edited by abennett

1 hour ago, abennett said:

What I do for the time being is every time I shut down the PC I remove Gaming Services with Powershell (Admin), then when I turn on PC, I open Xbox App and it reinstalls Gaming Services, then Flight Sim works perfectly. I just need to remember always to remove Gaming Services. Instructions for doing this are below. Note that where it says 'Restart System' I don't restart (well I suppose I do), but I just delete Gaming Services before shutting down, it should make sense. If you forget to remove Gaming Services, you will have to restart the PC if you then turn on PC and want to use MSFS, i.e. you would need to remove Gaming Services, Restart, open Xbox App etc...

This has worked 100% of the time for me.

I suppose we have all got used to checking for it saying Syncing Data in the launch splash screen of MSFS where it cycles through, Launching Game, Checking for Updates, etc. If it says Syncing Data, all will be good.

Instructions

Reinstall Gaming Services
Right-click on the Windows Start button and select PowerShell (Admin).
In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Restart your system.
Start the Xbox application. You should see a Green or Blue banner with the following message: "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services are needed for playing some games. Administrator approval is required. Install"
Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services.
After the installation is complete, you should be able to install and start games again.

Abennett, god bless you man, yes, yes, yes, its working, 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GeoSkyman said:

Abennett, god bless you man, yes, yes, yes, its working, 

Ha, thanks, I wish I could pop this on an avsim bio...

I've managed to create a routine for tackling this nonsense.

1: Made a text file for abennett's fix. On the desktop.

2: Made a shortcut for Powershell. On the desktop.

3. Added Xbox app to Start menu (saves scrolling to the bottom of Apps

Haven't yet made it routine to delete Gaming Services before shutdown. But a whole lotta angst has been eliminated. 😀

Incidentally, does anyone else get a fleeting picture of the update window when the sim goes into action?

4 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I've managed to create a routine for tackling this nonsense.

1: Made a text file for abennett's fix. On the desktop.

2: Made a shortcut for Powershell. On the desktop.

3. Added Xbox app to Start menu (saves scrolling to the bottom of Apps

Haven't yet made it routine to delete Gaming Services before shutdown. But a whole lotta angst has been eliminated. 😀

Incidentally, does anyone else get a fleeting picture of the update window when the sim goes into action?

Are you restarting the pc between the two powershell commands?

Er...Good question. My head's been through the wringer. I'm just grateful I have a proven way of getting to fly every time.

I'll make a note.

The answer is no. When I log on to my PC I run Powershell command 1, then command 2 to the Store which lets me download and install Gaming services. Then check XBox app and my smiley avatar shows me logged in. Good to go. On the next PC start I have to go through the same routine.

8 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Apparently most everyone does. It has been reported here and on the MSFS forum. Also, the sim now starts up in Windowed Mode.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

The answer is no. When I log on to my PC I run Powershell command 1, then command 2 to the Store which lets me download and install Gaming services. Then check XBox app and my smiley avatar shows me logged in. Good to go. On the next PC start I have to go through the same routine.

OK that is good to know, I thought that it needed a restart in between the two powershell commands, it is good that it works without doing that. This was why I was doing the first command every time I shut my PC down, in essence I was just restarting between the two commands, though that restart took all night whilst my PC was off...

So now I don't have to worry about it, just need to run those two commands whenever I start the PC.

Of course, it is great that this works, but we really shouldn't have to keep doing it.

I am glad I found a fix that seem to be working for everybody. But it is such a shame that we have to do it. I have no idea how this started or anything, and I can get no support from microsoft online, just the xbox will not let me log whatever I do (apart from doing this fudge fix).

1 hour ago, abennett said:

I can get no support from microsoft online

Me neither. I submitted a ticket to Xbox and Zendesk. I should have saved the keystrokes for something more useful!

On 3/21/2024 at 3:16 AM, Ron Attwood said:

Me neither. I submitted a ticket to Xbox and Zendesk. I should have saved the keystrokes for something more useful!

Any possibility of a fix to the issue yet or we will continue with the PowerShell command s?