Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Is the Honeycomb Airbus Throtte Pack worth it?

I find the price quite expensive for just throttles. Does anyone have this and can comment on if they really see any value in getting these? Since I will be flying the A320 most of the time, I'm not sure how realistic the default commercial throttles will be with the Honeycomb Bravo.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I saw the other day that you got the yoke, went to check their website and saw that both Alpha and Bravo are in stock and ordered both, super stoked as the reviews are great for both. My CH yoke while dated and always served me well will get retired. I can let you know what I think once I get both installed. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

That's great to hear! I'm happy for you. And I'm seriously excited as well to get my bravo soon as well. This will be my very 1st time flying with some real proper peripherals. I've been using mostly an xbox controller and logitech 3d extreme 3d flight stick for way too long. It's time I stepped up. I just have one concern and that's space and how I should mount them. I really don't want to mount them on top of my desk, because that's where my keyboard and mouse is. I'm thinking about doing an under the desk mount which will save me a lot of desktop real estate but then if I go that route, then I'm concerned with clearance under the desk for my knees when I sit. I'll have to do some experimentation and see. But I really prefer the under the desk mount. All I need now is to wait for their set of Charlie rudder pedals. I really hope that won't be expensive. Since rudder pedals are very basic and don't do much.

Did you also get the airbus throttle pack for $69?

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

9 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Did you also get the airbus throttle pack for $69?

I didn't yet, I did not want to push it and smell the divorce, but I'll sure sneak that in eventually. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

57 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Since I will be flying the A320 most of the time, I'm not sure how realistic the default commercial throttles will be with the Honeycomb Bravo.

Realistic in what way -- looks, function (if so, what functions), button arrangement, or something else? Exactly what is your concern at this time? 

If it were me, I'd spend some time flying with my new default throttles to evaluate what, if anything, seemed to be lacking or a problem when flying the A320. Then I'd be in a better position to investigate what the Airbus Throttle Pack had to offer and determine if it would better meet my needs and be worth the additional expense.

Al

Edited by ark

Also, does anyone know what is the usual turnaround is on order processing with Honeycomb? 

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

I find the price quite expensive for just throttles. Does anyone have this and can comment on if they really see any value in getting these? Since I will be flying the A320 most of the time, I'm not sure how realistic the default commercial throttles will be with the Honeycomb Bravo.

I don't have the Airbus throttles but I want to point out my experience with aftermarket throttle for the Honeycomb --

A few months ago I purchased a Piper Arrow throttle for the Honeycomb Bravo.  The paint wore off of it almost right away (as in, within the first hour or two of use), but that doesn't trouble me all that much, as I can simply re-spray it, using maybe a high-use low-scratch paint...

It does however underscore the fact that:

1) I may have Alien xenomorph acidic stuff coming out of me, that wore off the paint so quickly
2) some of these throttles may not be using the best-grade of materials

Now for $69 you would think the Airbus throttles -- if painted -- would use paint that wouldn't wear off right away.

Anyway, something else for you to consider with this.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Also, does anyone know what is the usual turnaround is on order processing with Honeycomb? 

Mine took about 2 weeks.  That was the latter part of 2020 I think when I got it, you know, back when we had truckers and port operators working.

I still have and use an ancient CH Products yoke.  I thought about replacing it with a Brunner yoke or something like that, but I haven't been able to justify the cost vs. getting something like a Honeycomb, which I know would be a LOT better than my CH yoke.  Nothing wrong with my CH Yoke but I get the feeling that it's ...well that it's one of those situations where I don't know what I'm missing.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

33 minutes ago, Mace said:

A few months ago I purchased a Piper Arrow throttle for the Honeycomb Bravo. 

They make an arrow throttle?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

can one use this throttle without the yoke?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

24 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

They make an arrow throttle?

Also be warned, the paint will wear off (or at least mine did) and the throttle doesn't fit super-well, you have to be a little careful putting it on and removing it.

Still -- it is a lot closer to the Piper Arrow throttle than the default HC Bravo throttle end is.

• Like 1

Rhett

Just now, polosim said:

This product is not manufactured by Honeycomb Aeronautical . BTW is a handmade product.

Yes, I know that.  Hence it not fitting too well.

And the throttles you linked to, aren't Piper Arrow throttles as @flyinpilot212121 was asking about.

• Like 1

Rhett

12 minutes ago, Mace said:

throttles you linked to, aren't Piper Arrow throttles as @flyinpilot212121 was asking about.

Yes , I know that. Link leads to Honeycomb Airbus throttle pack, a Honeycomb Aeronautical product as OP was asking about.