Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Is the Honeycomb Airbus Throtte Pack worth it?

5 minutes ago, polosim said:

Yes , I know that. Link leads to Honeycomb Airbus throttle pack, a Honeycomb Aeronautical product as OP was asking about.

Then quote the OP

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

I really don't want to mount them on top of my desk, because that's where my keyboard and mouse is. I'm thinking about doing an under the desk mount which will save me a lot of desktop real estate but then if I go that route, then I'm concerned with clearance under the desk for my knees when I sit. I'll have to do some experimentation and see.

I had my keyboard lying on top of Alpha and Bravo and it worked great.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

5 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I had my keyboard lying on top of Alpha and Bravo and it worked great.

What about your mouse?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What about your mouse?

I'm a left handed, so I mounted the Bravo on the left side of the Yoke and had the mouse on the right,

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I see. I'm waiting until my bravo gets here before I decide on what to do. Gonna do the typical desk mount 1st and try it for a few days to see how I feel about it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Nice, I hope they will come out with more addons, such as different type of mounts and stuff like that.

I like the throttle pack, although since getting it I've barely flown Airbus.  I wasn't exactly sure what it was as the description is a bit lacking. 

I think its quite well engineered and definitely worth it if you fly Airbus.  They seem to be built with a higher quality and less flex than the default throttle levers.  

The middle two throttles come with reversers, they lock into place until the reversers are up and then they can be pushed down in the detent.  For the flaps you have to "squeeze" the knob to move them although they move smoothly and do not click into place.  The TO/GA button is quite neatly magnetically attached to the sides so it can be completely customised for 2 and 4 engine configuration.  

15 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

They have a "Mouse" tray coming that attaches to the bottom of the bravo...

honeycombaeronautical-mouse-pad-concept-

Are they still actively developing this mouse pad for the bravo? I saw this concept art back in may 2020 but no news after that.

Edited by petz_e

The Alpha and Bravo have a nice flat surface so when mounted side by side you can easily put your keyboard right on top. My desk has a pull out flat surface on the right, perfect for the mouse.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

49 minutes ago, petz_e said:

Are they still actively developing this mouse pad for the bravo? I saw this concept art back in may 2020 but no news after that.

in the presentation they did at the Flight Sim 2021 early this month they said it is coming and they were finishing up on the tooling for it..

Les O'Reilly

On 10/16/2021 at 12:15 AM, Mike S KPDX said:

can one use this throttle without the yoke?

You can indeed. I use it with the Fulcrum One Yoke (and also use my Thrustmaster Airbus sidestick for various button options, along with the matching throttle's buttons).

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I have my keyboard and mouse on top of this (above my Fulcrum One yoke), along with this wrist rest.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)