Sign in to follow this  
SimPilot1998

FS2004 - World Trade Center 2021

22 hours ago, SimPilot1998 said:

Not sure tho, I am afraid if I release it that people will abuse it or even modify it so I really don't know when or what is the best way to release this to the community. If you have any idea what is the best way to release this, I'd be thankful to hear your suggestion.

Either it's released as freeware and people will do what they will with it, irrespective of whatever restrictions you try to impose, or maybe you can get one of the commercial enterprises to securely package it and retail it for you, assuming it's that good.

Not sure there'll be much commercial interest in a scenery just for FS9, so you may be asked to enhance it so's it's more attractive to a wider user base.

Has it been tested in FSX or any of the later programs? Has it got night textures and any relevant special effects?

Good luck :)

• Like 1

I could never understand why people are worried about changing things with freeware? If everybody felt that way, we’d have a very limited amount of repaints, scenery and such. I don’t think a publisher will pick it up for payware. FS9 is nearly 2 decades old. The money is in the newer sims. 

• Like 1

Another thing to think about … depending on which software was used to prepare this scenery, some freeware packages insist that any sceneries developed with that package are not sold, but are also issued as freeware. Whether there's any practical means of enforcing those wishes, I don't know, but an ethical retailer may take such factors into consideration!

• Like 1

Release it. The rest of us do. I really can't fathom why anyone would "abuse" it. Frankly I'm not sure what that even means. But your looking at a sim that is well dated. Can't think of any incentive anyone would have to do such a thing. Us FS9'ers are a small group and several of us have contributed freeware scenery, planes, repaints, utilities, etc. At the end of the day the decision is yours. But I can honestly say I'd enjoy the scenery and I'm confident most other 9'ers would as well. Looks like an awesome package and I think you should enjoy the accolades & appreciation world wide that you truly deserve.

Mitch

• Like 2

On 11/5/2021 at 1:50 PM, SimPilot1998 said:

If you have any idea what is the best way to release this, I'd be thankful to hear your suggestion.

Pretty simple. Zip it up and make sure you enclose a Readme file so downloaders know how to properly install it. Upload it here to the file section. That's it.

• Like 1

I will release the scenery this week. I am currently correcting small details to make the model look neat in the end. You have to know that this model is structurally 1:1 identical, but apparently I left out some of the details like road, signs, fences and small details like that because I think they're unnecessary. However having in mind that this a flight simulator, the closest you will get to this complex are the buildings while flying past them with an airplane or helicopter, and the buildings are very good so I am pretty sure that this scenery will make NewYork in FS2004 more realistic and interesting for you. 😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SimPilot1998 said:

I will release the scenery this week. I am currently correcting small details to make the model look neat in the end. You have to know that this model is structurally 1:1 identical, but apparently I left out some of the details like road, signs, fences and small details like that because I think they're unnecessary. However having in mind that this a flight simulator, the closest you will get to this complex are the buildings while flying past them with an airplane or helicopter, and the buildings are very good so I am pretty sure that this scenery will make NewYork in FS2004 more realistic and interesting for you. 😊

I was wondering what ever happened to you. Glad to see your back. Hope you release this as you say you will. Sounds like a great scenery add-on.

• Like 1

Hi Simpilot,

I am very glad over your decision to release your work. It will be trial and error. If you get hundreds of mails from idiots that tells you si and so, it will probably be the one and only stuff you release. But FS9 people nowadays are mostly very nice people, I believe the response will be lots of big "Thank you's" and compliments and I will belong to the later ones.

Good luck for the release and thank you for this great piece of FS9 addon

Dedl (FS2004-Team)

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 9:33 AM, PebbleBeach said:

I was wondering what ever happened to you. Glad to see your back. Hope you release this as you say you will. Sounds like a great scenery add-on.

Thank you mate. Well I had some health problems, so I kinda paused everything regarded simulators and technology till I get better. I am feeling good now, but I had to give up a lot of things. Anyways, the scenery is waiting for approval at the moment on three places. I'm quite not sure why is it taking so long. I submitted my scenery on FlightSim.com, Avsim.com and Avsim.su. Basically, all we have to do is wait them to publish.

14 hours ago, Dedl said:

Hi Simpilot,

I am very glad over your decision to release your work. It will be trial and error. If you get hundreds of mails from idiots that tells you si and so, it will probably be the one and only stuff you release. But FS9 people nowadays are mostly very nice people, I believe the response will be lots of big "Thank you's" and compliments and I will belong to the later ones.

Good luck for the release and thank you for this great piece of FS9 addon

Dedl (FS2004-Team)

Thank you man, thank you for the kind words and wishes. You're a good man. May I say this is only a warm-up? Because I plan to continue developing NewYork, as well as World Trade Center. Basically, you can expect new and even more realistic version of World Trade Center in 2022. I also have a plan to recreate all new built towers since 2004 to present that are missing, so 2022 will be a good year, God willing. 

If someone knows alternative website or forum that would upload my scenery faster than these turtle websites, I'd be more than thankful. Seems like none of them is responding, and I want this before New Year to be released.

46 minutes ago, SimPilot1998 said:

If someone knows alternative website or forum that would upload my scenery faster than these turtle websites, I'd be more than thankful. Seems like none of them is responding, and I want this before New Year to be released.

Much like everywhere else … it's the holiday season in the middle of a pandemic. You took several weeks to upload the scenery … I'm sure they're allowed a few hours to evaluate it!

1 hour ago, chris_eve said:

Much like everywhere else … it's the holiday season in the middle of a pandemic. You took several weeks to upload the scenery … I'm sure they're allowed a few hours to evaluate it!

Alright, then we'll wait I guess.