Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG solution

@asanal, very good but one flight is no guarantee. Hopefully fixed but a week with no errors will be more reassuring.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Why is this topic no longer pinned? 😁

I must say the suggestions didn't really work for me, I was getting a lot of crashes with the iFly MAX which was unfortunate.

1 hour ago, level7 said:

Why is this topic no longer pinned? 😁

I must say the suggestions didn't really work for me, I was getting a lot of crashes with the iFly MAX which was unfortunate.

Probably because very few now reporting the problem.

What graphics card? Have you followed instructions in the first two pinned posts?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 4/21/2024 at 3:58 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

What graphics card? Have you followed instructions in the first two pinned posts?

AMD 6700 XT ... Tried those before. I had more luck copying some of newer versions of DLLs into the Prepar3D folder. I tend not to have these issues with the PMDG birds.

1 hour ago, level7 said:

AMD 6700 XT ... Tried those before. I had more luck copying some of newer versions of DLLs into the Prepar3D folder. I tend not to have these issues with the PMDG birds.

I can’t really offer any more than is included in the first two topics. It’s a decent enough card. I’m not sure what you mean by copying DLLs into the P3D folder.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 4/21/2024 at 5:58 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Could that be because you had the post pinned though?  It solved mine years ago.

14 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

Could that be because you had the post pinned though?  It solved mine years ago.

I've pinned it again.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've pinned it again.

I'll know where to look when I eventually upgrade the PC and start afresh! Cheers

54 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

I'll know where to look when I eventually upgrade the PC and start afresh! Cheers

I only had the problem with the 1080Ti and the way I installed the drivers. With DDU and NVCleanStall the problem never occured again.

And I've not had it with the 4090.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 4/23/2024 at 12:39 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m not sure what you mean by copying DLLs into the P3D folder.

From the C:\Prepar3D folder there are number of files starting with D3D. I took the similar named files from C:\Windows\System32 and replaced them (i.e. newer versions of the files) ... maybe placebo but seems to have helped me

I can no longer remember where I found the suggestion to do this though... 

@level7, I can’t ever remember that tip.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather