Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG solution

@PavlinS, thanks! Nice to know someone else has had the problem cured. 😀

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@PavlinS, could you confirm what action you took to resolve your DXGI problem?

Just the Registry changes or did you use NVCleanstall as well?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I made all the steps, the registry editor, the uninstall of the driver and the NVCleaninstall solution as well. 

3 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

I made all the steps, the registry editor, the uninstall of the driver and the NVCleaninstall solution as well. 

Thanks for confirming. Report back every 10 successful flights or if you get the error.

I had two flights today, both successful.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Dear Ray, officially can say that your fix works flawlessly. I managed to land, the sim crashed after it, but at least I'll have full footage for the video. Thank you again and I'll advice you on future progress after few other flights. It really helped me. Btw, I am v4.5 HF3, so this is a little difference. 

25 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

Btw, I am v4.5 HF3, so this is a little difference. 

I never had the DXGI problem with v4. Anyway, if it’s solved your problem that’s great. I take it the crash was because of another issue, not DXGI.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Two months on from installing Nvidia drivers using NVCleanstall and absolutely no problems with DXGI.

I know you should never say a problem like this is solved but my gut feeling is it is.

The Registry entries remain but the new way of installing drivers seems to have done the trick. Even RTSS is stable. Previously it wasn’t and would cause a DXGI problem in a few minutes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I’ve changed the title of this topic because I’m now convinced the DXGI problem is fixed albeit with the Registry entries remaining.

11 weeks of flying daily and not a single problem. NVCleanstall is the answer when installing new drivers.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, Hi 

Today after two hours flight, just started to decent  DXGI appeared again.😞

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

1 hour ago, asanal said:

Ray, Hi 

Today after two hours flight, just started to decent  DXGI appeared again.😞

Did you use NVCleanstall to install the driver after using DDU to uninstall the old one in safe mode? Are the Registry entries present and correct?

I’ve not had a single DXGI issue since the start of the year.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

1-I use NVCleanstall .  I tried to install from GURU, DDU., I was'nt successful. GURU with DDU combine many advertisment dowloaded, I cannot clean them. When I start FS, screen begins to  full with adverstiment.

2-I never  open  Regitry before, I tried to make changes according  your instruction, I made some mistakes.

Today I made KEWR-CYYR flight with out any incident. (??]

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

2 minutes ago, asanal said:

1-I use NVCleanstall .  I tried to install from GURU, DDU., I was'nt successful. GURU with DDU combine many advertisment dowloaded, I cannot clean them. When I start FS, screen begins to  full with adverstiment.

Uninstall what you have installed.mDDU doesn’t include adverts. These sites can confuse users. Scroll to the bottom of this page where you’ll find links to download DDU.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

4 minutes ago, asanal said:

I never  open  Regitry before, I tried to make changes according  your instruction, I made some mistakes.

If you haven’t edited the Registry before it can look intimidating. But the instructions on page 1 are as clear as I can make them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just suffered this.  P3D 5.4, Ryzen 5600, 32gb ram, AMD 6700XT, Windows 11 all WU installed.  Was parked in default Learjet 45 from Rikoo @ Drzewiecki Design KORD 1.4, ASP3D, Proflight3 atc.  I have MSI Afterburner open to monitor temps and ram/gpu usage and everything seemed hunky dory then BLAM error message.

Thought this was fixed?

Edited by rbs1000