Sign in to follow this  
jon b

Thrustmaster 787 yoke preorders open

The thrustmaster Boeing 787 replica yoke and throttle  are open for preorder with a release date of 23rd December.

Available from the thrustmaster online shop and also Amazon and a few others.

I’ve placed an order and as a real world 787 pilot I’ll come back and post my thoughts once I’ve had a good go with it. ( if only I were a YouTube influencer I’d have  been sent one already to try )

I currently use the fulcrum yoke which is excellent and it will probably remain in use for the majority of my simming , but for the 787 and other being jet flying  the thrustmaster looks an interesting development .

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

This yoke looks pretty good. It says it’s metal. I preordered from Dell. They have free expedited delivery and allocation for 12/23/21 shipping.  Amazon and others are showing sold out. 

FYI, Amazon US has more Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke Packs pre-orders in stock for 23 Dec release. Just trying to help those who were looking for one.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

So has anyone gotten their hands on one yet? 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I pre ordered one from Amazon when they advertised a Dec 23rd release, and now they are back to saying the product is out of stock, so the Dec 23rd date was only wishful thinking. 

Just like GPU's, there are supply issues with other hardware also, and it's not going to get better any time soon. You can probably buy one from a low life scalper though. 

Pete Locascio

I ordered off Dell with a 12/23 release date advertised. Last week they extended that to 1/7 release. I ordered off Amazon and they are saying it’s supposed to arrive by 1/5 at my house. Should I cancel one? Return one or sell it for what I paid for it? 

I pre ordered from the thrustmaster shop on the U.K. website, it was dispatched to arrive on 23rd but sadly UPS pretended I wasn’t in for 2 days in a row.  There was someone in , they just couldn’t be bothered it seems.

Anyway, it eventually turned up on Tuesday so just had one day with it before I had to go away with work.

I’m going to spend some time with it when I get home and post some thoughts as I also fly the real world 787 . So tomorrow morning I’ll be l flying  the 787 then go home while it’s fresh in my mind and use the yoke.

What I can say thus far however is this..
I felt compelled to buy this yoke and give It a go as it’s based on the aircraft I fly, but in all honesty I wasn’t expecting too much from it and thought it might find its way to a secondary Xbox based system for entertaining guests .

However I’ve been surprised , it’s actually genuinely good..very good in fact. Probably not what you want for GA or smaller aircraft at all but for heavy airliners my initial thoughts gained on no more than a few circuits in the Zibo 737 (XP) and QW 787 (P3D)  are this really is a game changer for realistic heavy airliner simulation.

Its not perfect, there are things I’d change on it, the main one is that the feel of the pendular movement is so good the yoke really deserves to be metal.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.