Sign in to follow this  
JGregory

New v12 v. V11 Comparison Pics

7 hours ago, DeltaWho said:

I think what's interesting here though... is how a few simple technologies really do push the look of XP in places very close to MSFS. The sky model is basically identical. 

It way too early to start speculating based off a couple of pictures and a video with Austin. The latest MSFS sky with Game of the Year edition is quite spectacular. And I rarely use that word, so trust me it's that good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

It way too early to start speculating based off a couple of pictures and a video with Austin. The latest MSFS sky with Game of the Year edition is quite spectacular. And I rarely use that word, so trust me it's that good.

Hmm wasn't it just recently that you were shouting  about how the video of an airliner flying in the clouds looks  bad ? :blink: was it not you :wacko:

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Hmm wasn't it just recently that you were shouting  about how the video of an airliner flying in the clouds looks  bad ? :blink: was it not you :wacko:

No idea what you are talking about.

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

No idea what you are talking about.

Ok.  My bad , you were saying lighting is from 15 years ago.

Edited by Humpty

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Ok.

Got a link? I mean this is an internet forum.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 minute ago, rka said:

Got a link? I mean this is an internet forum.

My bad he wasn't shouting but saying lighting is from 15 years ago , watching a video of a video shot on a video camera well.

give you the link and then you will start coming after me ? 😁

give you the link and then you will start coming after me ? 😁

Give us the link so we can see if you are just spreading misinformation (to put it mildly) or if you are able to back up your statements on what a person said somehow. Which it looks like you can't tbh seeing how you are already moving the goalposts from "an airliner in the clouds" to "something something about lighting".

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

4 minutes ago, rka said:

Give us the link so we can see if you are just spreading misinformation (to put it mildly) or if you are able to back up your statements on what a person said somehow. Which it looks like you can't tbh seeing how you are already moving the goalposts from "an airliner in the clouds" to "something something about lighting".

dude you just want to pick on users here , i said 'MY BAD: it was him mentioning the lighting from 15 years ago, i think you have a lot many posts of yours in that thread , check the Clouds thread

Edited by Humpty
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Humpty said:

dude you just want to pick on users here , i said 'MY BAD: t was him mentioning the lighting from 15 years ago, i think you have a lot many posts of yours in that thread. before questioning others you need to question yourself on the trolling you are doing

I want to pick on users here? You got to be kidding?

Edited by rka

Just now, rka said:

I want to pick on users here? You got to be kidding?

no i am not , greazer and you do the same thing

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

The grass is just bump mapping. It's not real grass. Only a 2d trick to fool people. And it "worked".

Thanks for clarifying exactly what I wrote?

Edited by akita

no i am not , greazer and you do the same thing

FWIW, I was picked on by the same user being called provocative and still waiting for why exactly. 

OK, time to move on.... he's admitted he was mistaken.... so back on topic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greazer said:

The grass is just bump mapping. It's not real grass. Only a 2d trick to fool people. And it "worked".

Real Grass? Can you expound on that?

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

4 hours ago, Greazer said:

Most of these sky models are based off the same published papers and techniques. So for the first time (without the need for a third-party) XP will have a physically based sky-model. If you want to do a "request for comment" from Laminar, I'm sure they will be able to explain in-depth... but that's as far as I will go without breaking NDA 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2