Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Anyone have any info on when we may be getting golf courses?

Those dark green fields that are holding places for golf courses are getting very unsightly.  More noticeable with the influx of payware airports from the black Friday sales.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I suspect they are unlikely to be updated until after empty beaches are populated with sunbathers.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

1 minute ago, Stearmandriver said:

They look pretty good with the Google earth textures mod 

Yet another reason to try that mod.  Thanks.

Ray

28 minutes ago, raymar said:

Those dark green fields that are holding places for golf courses are getting very unsightly.  More noticeable with the influx of payware airports from the black Friday sales.

Regards,

Ray

What the point right now.  Until they cut through the haze....

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Check KSUA, just to the east of the approach end of rwy 30 at Witham Field. The Sailfish Sands golf course is shown in surprising detail, although some tree clusters are shown as strange clumpy structures. Still, if you're flying in, it looks good enough.

No doubt it's there because it's so close to the airport. 

🏌️‍♂️

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

57 minutes ago, raymar said:

Regards,

Ray

I flew around Tokyo, Japan recently and saw a few, over toward mt fuji

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

33 minutes ago, Mace said:

I flew around Tokyo, Japan recently and saw a few, over toward mt fuji

You’ll see quite a few here. Japan has something like 2,300 golf courses.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I don't understand the OP. I fly over dozens of golf courses every day, even in my rural West Virginia area, where the Bing Map data are not particularly resolute. I'm personally familiar with a few of these courses, and the sand traps, greens, lakes, etc. are all in their proper places when flying over in MSFS.

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 11

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I see plenty of golf courses...and some beaches have sunbathers (or at least beach chairs)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

3 hours ago, David Mills said:

I don't understand the OP. I fly over dozens of golf courses every day, even in my rural West Virginia area, where the Bing Map data are not particularly resolute. I'm personally familiar with a few of these courses, and the sand traps, greens, lakes, etc. are all in their proper places when flying over in MSFS.

It must be a setting someplace that I have overlooked.  I am yet to see a single golf course in the USA. Yep, Flipped the switch from OFF to ON for the Bing Data World Graphics and Photogrammetry. Makes a world of difference. Captain, there be golf courses here (Scotty).  Thanks for the comment, David Mills. 😏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Mills said:

Would one of those perhaps be Greenbrier?  I played it several times, albeit over 20 years ago.  Loved it!  Need to low level over it soon!

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm off the check out Pebble Beach and the 18 mile drive.  Thanks guys.

Ray

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Would one of those perhaps be Greenbrier?  I played it several times, albeit over 20 years ago.  Loved it!  Need to low level over it soon!

You must be rich.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.