Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Todays New Release - F16 Collection on Just Flight

Some of you will have read the concerns I expressed earlier in this topic.
I had a look at the manuals of DC Designs products for P3D and I noticed that Dean indeed normally strikes a better balance between reality and artistic liberty (more towards the Asobo F-18 level of fidelity). 
He did a good job explaining the reasons for this choice at this stage in MSFS.

Together with the quick release of v0.3.0 (showing commitment from these 2 brothers/developers to improve their product) I decided to bite the bullet anyway and bought the package.

I have to say I really like the way the 3D model looks from the outside so I hope to make some repaints for it in the future.
I think the screenshots in the manual or on the JF website don't do it enough justice.
The Youtube vid from Dean is a better showcase IMO.
FLCS simulation is very basic but consistent enough to have fun tooling around 🙂

@DC1973 Great attitude, thanks for the open-minded response on my posts!
Wish your brother a speedy recovery!

Regards,
Sylvain

Edited by Sylle
Added YT vid mention
  • Like 3

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

17 hours ago, DC1973 said:

It's built by SC Designs, the YouTube channel is mine though. In brief, my brother fell ill and was unable to complete the project. I took over and finished it, and now do the support etc. Scott ( my brother ) and his family get the royalties from the F-16s. A bit confusing but it is what it is 👍

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I didn’t realize it was originally your brothers work. Sorry to hear about his back and leg. I’m sure the back is more of an issue than the leg is just due to the complexity of the spine and all the nerves attached to it. Unfortunately it seems like people who’ve had back injuries are never quite the same afterwards.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Version 0.4.0 is up!

Changelog

Corrected pylon visibility on F-16D
Added normal maps and metallic textures to CFT tanks
Corrected texture map calls to F-16I
Improved canopy tint on F-16D and I
Added ability to remove CFT tanks on F-16I
Added AIM-120 option to F-16I wingtip mounts
AN_ASQ213 corrected to only show when Centre exterior tank is not in use
Fixed floating bolt on cockpit glareshield.
General cockpit modeling improvements
DED display now supports VOR Standby readout
AO maps enhanced on exterior textures
HUD display enhanced
Improved cockpit texture maps
Added extra cockpit decals

• Like 4

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

2 hours ago, Sylle said:

Version 0.4.0 is up!

You can see the outside ground from within the cockpit now when looking past the side stick to the forward lower panel by the 'RDR ALT' switch.  

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

You can see the outside ground from within the cockpit now when looking past the side stick to the forward lower panel by the 'RDR ALT' switch.  

Confirmed, an easy fix for an update in the New Year - so small I didn't notice it 🙂

• Like 2