Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Todays New Release - F16 Collection on Just Flight

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Can you please remove that tailhook handle in the cockpit?  F16's don't land on carriers... 🥺

Thanks for the heads up on the update.  

Has the F15 been updated to incorporate SU7's HUD technology?  Looking to purchase if that has happened.

Most modern fighters have a tail hook, designed to catch wires on normal runways ( as per the above reply to your post ). The handle is there on the real F-16 in the same place.

The F-15s are due their update in the New Year, but already have collimation in place as it's standard within the sim now for HUDs. 

2 minutes ago, DC1973 said:

Most modern fighters have a tail hook, designed to catch wires on normal runways ( as per the above reply to your post ). The handle is there on the real F-16 in the same place.

The F-15s are due their update in the New Year, but already have collimation in place as it's standard within the sim now for HUDs. 

Looking to see if the F15 is following the glidepath presented in the HUD now which wasn't the case before.,

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, DC1973 said:

I also really want the pilot in the seat, especially for VR flying, the trouble is where to put the head! 🙂 I don't have a good solution to this yet but when I do, I'd like to add it.

Effects are a work in progress as the effects system is very new. Likewise for bendy wings, the use of bones ( needed for that ) is not very stable yet in MSFS so it's something that will probably get added in the future.

I'm not a developer so have no idea if this is possible or not.  I believe in DCS when in VR/pilot view, only the pilot's body from the shoulders down is rendered.  Of course, a head is still rendered from any external views.  Wondering if that would be possible in MSFS  

Ditto in Condor, though it still looks a little odd...a headless body should be easy, but then there would be the expectation that the arms and feet move with the controls and that gets harder...

It can be done, but as Keith says, it would need bone animations for smooth following of controls, and also you'd have the problem of the arms obscuring many of the control panels. A button could be created to switch the body on and off, but it's something that would take some time to get "right". It's on the list of possible additions though, would be fun to make it work!

• Upvote 1

How is the new update ( textures )? 

Could you please upload some screenshots? 

I'm not at home right now 

Thank you in advance 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

12 hours ago, DC1973 said:

SC Designs F-16s now updated to version 0.3.0, available for download at Just Flight.

I had to jump in here and say this update (0.3.0) is really a step up from the original effort.  The changes you made here are right on the money, I hope there's more updates to come.  That cockpit at night got me when I took off from Nellis.  I thought the new canopy texture would be too dark at night but it's actually perfect both day and night.  I can't wait to see the updates for the F14 and F15.  Great job so far hands down!!! 👍💯😎

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 3

FS2020 

For those of you uncertain about whether to take the plunge with the F-16s, we posted this video to help potential users see what this aircraft is capable of in MSFS: it's an 8 minute video of an F-16C display routine, a great combination of fun and also a demonstration of the flight model and sound effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmkMylMAVLY

• Like 2

For those of you uncertain about whether to take the plunge with the F-16s, we posted this video to help potential users see what this aircraft is capable of in MSFS: it's an 8 minute video of an F-16C display routine, a great combination of fun and also a demonstration of the flight model and sound effects.

I’m not a military guy, but I gave it a look. Glad I did! Great camera shots! Gotta say I enjoyed the flybys, departure and landing the most! 

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

11 hours ago, DC1973 said:

So is it SC Designs as the video says or DC designs as the channel says?

02F7AFD2-3981-4A63-905B-57BA00016C6B.jpeg

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, cmpbellsjc said:

So is it SC Designs as the video says or DC designs as the channel says?

It's built by SC Designs, the YouTube channel is mine though. In brief, my brother fell ill and was unable to complete the project. I took over and finished it, and now do the support etc. Scott ( my brother ) and his family get the royalties from the F-16s. A bit confusing but it is what it is 👍

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, DC1973 said:

It's built by SC Designs, the YouTube channel is mine though. In brief, my brother fell ill and was unable to complete the project. I took over and finished it, and now do the support etc. Scott ( my brother ) and his family get the royalties from the F-16s. A bit confusing but it is what it is 👍

Sorry to hear about your brother.  As SC Designs seems new, I believe this was one of his first attempts at turning to modelling after his health was affected?  If so, it's certainly a good effort.  Pass my regards on to him and tell him he has done very well under the circumstances.   I hope it sells well for him - it appears to be selling alright judging by the repaint downloads at flightsim.to.  👍

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

51 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Sorry to hear about your brother.  As SC Designs seems new, I believe this was one of his first attempts at turning to modelling after his health was affected?  If so, it's certainly a good effort.  Pass my regards on to him and tell him he has done very well under the circumstances.   I hope it sells well for him - it appears to be selling alright judging by the repaint downloads at flightsim.to.  👍

I will do, thanks for the kind words. He was doing great, but with a broken back and leg, it's been a tough time for him. I looked at flightsim.to, can't believe how many repaints there are already!

F-16s have been a huge hit, tremendously popular with the best first-week sales I've seen, and they're not even on other third party stores or the Marketplace yet. It's a great Christmas present for my brother, after a tough year. More work for me in 2022 as all our jets get the full "make them prettier" treatment, but worth it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DC1973 said:

I looked at flightsim.to, can't believe how many repaints there are already!

F-16s have been a huge hit, tremendously popular with the best first-week sales I've seen, and they're not even on other third party stores or the Marketplace yet. It's a great Christmas present for my brother, after a tough year. More work for me in 2022 as all our jets get the full "make them prettier" treatment, but worth it.

Great news!  I have posted a link to the F-16 repaints below for anyone that is interested.  It saves time trawling the whole site, as flightsim.to has become tremendously busy and popular now, and rightly so - they do a great job over there.  

https://flightsim.to/discover/f-16

There are more repaints there than I expected actually, and I am sure this will only become more during the holiday.  A benefit of the F-16 selling well around the world is the amount of repaint opportunities. :smile:
I like the 'Have Glass' repaints on there.  I was part of a project to reduce radar signature in ways such as this.

Thanks for your efforts to keep improving your products.  👍

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

All the more reason to show some support.  A quality product for a good cause.  Under the circumstances you all pulled off a really nice add-on.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2

FS2020