Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Sim update VII hotfix beta available on Steam.

spacer.png

• Like 9

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Microsoft Flight Simulator (@MSFSofficial)
Thank you to everyone who participates and provides feedback in our pre-release tests.

We are happy to announce that Steam users are now able to join the ongoing pre-release testing for the upcoming SU7 Update!

For information on how to join: https://t.co/Hg5cL8bqg7

• Like 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

No thanks, I have no desire to reinstall the entire game when the official patch is released, but glad they release it for Steam as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Ohhh... obviously someone is hearing at the other end. Much acknowledged. And thanks for the headup.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

"MS/Asobo never listen"

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 minute ago, Krakin said:

"MS/Asobo never listen"

You just have to ask in french... 😇

• Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Does this in fact require that you install a second version of MSFS or does it update the existing install?

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I followed the above link to instructions for Steam users but on the Steam menu for Betas it asks for the beta access code to unlock private betas. Where do I get that code as a Steam user? Thanks.

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

It updates, no 2nd installation necessary.

However, if you have installed the steam edition MSFS to the default location, then it probably should be moved away from the default location first before you download the patched MSFS version.

Fortunately moving MSFS from the default location is very fast and easy, a one minute job. But it must be done correctly. Here is how to do it correctly:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-change-the-installation-path-of-installed-packages-inc-community-folder/471682

By the way, even if you don't want to download beta patches, it is still always better to change the sim location away from and out of the default location. Because now you can use Steam's "Verify Files" maneuver without downloading the whole sim again. And the same holds true if you have the MS store edition: if you use the windows store 'Reset' app, you won't have to download the whole sim again.

On the other hand some addons don't just involve dropping folders into the community folder. Some few of them have an installer that shows the addon located in Windows Control Panel/ Programs and features. These addons may have links to the default location if you installed that addon long ago before moving MSFS away from default.

But this means you just have to remove and then reinstall those few addon's. Which is easier than installing all of MSFS unnecessarily.

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I said moving MSFS from default takes 1 minute:

1) tick the official and the community folder in windows file explorer and cut and paste both folders to your new location, such as C:/MSFS2020.... 45 seconds to cut and paste the two folders.

2) Boot up MSFS and before it opens it will ask to down a zillion gigabytes to your old default location. Instead browse the msfs installation screen path to C:/MSFS2020 or whatever new folder you created and then MSFS will see everything is there and the game will boot normally: 15 seconds to 'browse'.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

51 minutes ago, Rob G said:

I followed the above link to instructions for Steam users but on the Steam menu for Betas it asks for the beta access code to unlock private betas. Where do I get that code as a Steam user? Thanks.

No code is needed (despite Steam asking for it). Close MSFS if it is open. Close the Steam client (i.e. close Steam). Log into Steam and start MSFS. The beta version of MSFS will now download and MSFS will boot up into the new version number (the beta version).

In other words the 'code' is just to leave the 'enter code' box blank.

The beta version update is just 715 Mb, not even 1 GB, so very fast to update to 1. 21.18.0

Edited by Fielder

VR and TrackIR is better, no color banding, but there is also 7 GB more in 5 updates in the content manager which I forgot to do (JU-52, Aviat Husky, Reno Races, deluxe, and premium).

My accessibility options did not all reset to Easy after downloading from content manager, like it has been doing before this beta. Must have been fixed.

despite 5 Gb update for the beta version JU-52, the 1939 AP still requires you to keep and eye and react to the KompaB (Compass) to help the AP dials to line up. B=ss in German alphabet). I don't know if this is realistic or not on the old bird.

It still takes off just as quickly and effortlessly as before. But the JU-52 was refereed to as "Stoll like" on the internet years before this Asobo version was made. Still I think they over did it. spacer.png