Sign in to follow this  
tyke1

msfs VR fps mod

Anyone tried it? To gain FPS you’d need to render at lower res and have NIS rebuild the pixels

edit: ok, i’ve checked this out and it looks very useful. Written by a microsoft employee, openxr dev as a personal project. It takes the openxr scaling and applies 70% (configurable) downscale and then seeks to restore sharpness with 50% NIS

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/nvidia-image-scaling-nis-and-vr/474969/25

Edited by Spit40
  • Upvote 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

The modder has just added alpha version 3 which works with steamvr using headsets. Ive tested it with mine (pimax), it gave 2-3fps with a slightly more blurred image. YMMV as some seem to be getting 10 fps.

Only issue is nis upconvert at low light situations (dusk, dawn, night) seems to reduce the color depth and see texture banding in clouds etc. for some reason. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I did not try yet at night.

But I'm very happy with this shader mod, I never had before so much clarity and performance-smoothness 🙂

I've replaced OXR scale 70% by NIS 0.75 and its' much much better!

(Reverb G2 / 2080ti)

• Upvote 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Using the default settings the textures are definitely crisper but artefacts and shimmering around objects once airborne. Maybe I need to play with the settings a little.

6 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

You might try with sharpness=0.0, and set only the scale.

Tried setting the sharpness to zero. Objects are still too noisy for my liking and the night time clouds are, let's just say, not good. 

1 hour ago, mobeans10 said:

Tried setting the sharpness to zero. Objects are still too noisy for my liking and the night time clouds are, let's just say, not good. 

It's a Work In Progress, see the thread on the official forums for better discussion.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

52 minutes ago, MarcG said:

It's a Work In Progress, see the thread on the official forums for better discussion.

Understood. Definitely some potential here.

Alpha4 is now out which appears to have fixed the night-time cloud issues.

yup, a4 night time clouds look good now.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

It works for me, and I gain several fps when flying most locations, but it seems to perform worse (than not installing it) when flying in New York City where I get better clarity and fps uninstalling it. It's odd.

I normally fly with all airport traffic at 100%, but dropping it back to around 50% has cured it. Now as good as other locations 👍

Edited by dogmanbird