Sign in to follow this  
TooLowTooSlow

Any news on the ATSimulations FW P.149 ?

Hola All,  

I purchased the Piaggio FW 149 (this one http://atsimulations.com/focke-wulf-149-msfs ) upon release and enjoyed the bird enormously. Following a couple of sim updates my P149 eventually started to get slightly buggy and I decided to give it a rest.

Is anyone here at AVSIM flying it? Has the aircraft been updated? I would love to jump back in again but would rather know first if it is worth it.

ATSimulations website is lacking the relevant info... I don't do FB while the Dev is not active on Discord 😕 Hopefully someone here knows a bit more.

Cheers,

2Slow2Low  

On 12/17/2021 at 10:38 PM, TooLowTooSlow said:

Hola All,  

I purchased the Piaggio FW 149 (this one http://atsimulations.com/focke-wulf-149-msfs ) upon release and enjoyed the bird enormously. Following a couple of sim updates my P149 eventually started to get slightly buggy and I decided to give it a rest.

Is anyone here at AVSIM flying it? Has the aircraft been updated? I would love to jump back in again but would rather know first if it is worth it.

ATSimulations website is lacking the relevant info... I don't do FB while the Dev is not active on Discord 😕 Hopefully someone here knows a bit more.

Cheers,

2Slow2Low  

We are all waiting for the developer to finish his AN-2, so he can get back to fixing the p149 (after SU6)..

This could take a while 😉

Bert

What kind of bugs are you experiencing? I'm flying it a lot and have no real issues (other than the missing front-occupants in external views). Some people reported weird textures after SU6, but I only ever saw anything like this on one occasion, after shutting down at the end of a flight. Pressing Esc and returning to the aircraft resolved it. I have an AMD graphics card. Maybe that's a Nvidia or driver issue.

• Like 1

Thx for the replies. I recall having a few flickering surfaces / textures as well as issues with the radio stack. Could have been one of the few mods I was using back then, not sure. Anyway, I tried reinstalling the P149D yesterday using the download link provided to me a year ago upon purchase. Downloaded the exe ok, but then Win 11 simply refused to run it, spitting back at me a "your computer cannot run this file".

Contacted AT Simulations Support via email and a kind gentleman rapidly sent me a new link with an updated exe.  My P149D is flying once again.

She is an old bird, but terribly sweet 😛

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

Thx for the replies. I recall having a few flickering surfaces / textures as well as issues with the radio stack. Could have been one of the few mods I was using back then, not sure. Anyway, I tried reinstalling the P149D yesterday using the download link provided to me a year ago upon purchase. Downloaded the exe ok, but then Win 11 simply refused to run it, spitting back at me a "your computer cannot run this file".

Contacted AT Simulations Support via email and a kind gentleman rapidly sent me a new link with an updated exe.  My P149D is flying once again.

She is an old bird, but terribly sweet 😛

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

Great!  Do you know what version you have?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

58 minutes ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

exe file is 2.06

I would be very surprised if AT Simulations had not directed me to the latest version.

Of course!  I agree she is a great bird.  I will check my version when I get in tonight.  Thanks!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 hours ago, gunther said:

What kind of bugs are you experiencing?

The cockpit panel textures flip to a "course mode" at random.  Changing to the outside view and back cures it.

Bert

There is a new version. After I reported some bugs the final download-version is 2.13.

To download it use the link in your purchase letter with
/ats-fwp149d-2.13.exe
at the end.

The bug with the missing co-pilot in the exterior view was not fixed with the update, but you can fix it by yourself. Change in the flight_model.cfg file following entries:

station_load.0 =190, 0.63, -1.11, 0.15, TT:Pilot, 0
station_load.1 =190, 0.63, 1.11, 0.05, TT: Copilot, 0
station_load.2 =0, -2, -1, 0, TT: Passenger 1, 0
station_load.3 =0, -2, 1, 0, TT:Passenger 2, 0
station_load.4 =77, -4.1, 0, -0.2, TT:Baggage, 0

change to:
station_load.0 =190, 0.63, -1.11, 0.15, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PILOT, 1
station_load.1 =190, 0.63, 1.11, 0.05, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.COPILOT, 2
station_load.2 =0, -2, -1, 0, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_LEFT, 5
station_load.3 =0, -2, 1, 0, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_RIGHT, 5
station_load.4 =77, -4.1, 0, -0.2, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.CARGO, 6

Edited by Raller
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

14 hours ago, Raller said:

There is a new version. After I reported some bugs the final download-version is 2.13.

Thanks for the heads-up. Is it me or have the cockpit textures been brushed up?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

If I'm reading the file dates correctly that's a very recent update dating from about a week ago ?

This is what the developer Andrey wrote me as a changelog:
Most changes were about code redone for correct electric functionality, some typos on German fixes, gamepad functionality fixes.
-COM Vol knob not turning
-Oil gauge not working when fuse is in. Works when fuse is pulled out-
-Oil gauge should work separately from the two fuses for oil pressure and oil temperature
-Text: Below BRANDHAHN should read ZIEHEN ZU
-Text: DI THERMOMETER should read DIE THERMOMETER (Oil and CHT)
-Text: GENERATOR WARNING should read WARNUNG
-Elevator Trim indicator moving into wrong direction
-Checklists

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

Unfortunately the NAV radio and/or OBS gauge seems rather broken for me - may be related to AAU beta or other add-ons so I need to do some testing of that - but apart from that I'd forgotten how well it flies and how amazing the all-round visibility is (plus flying with the cannot open is always fun)

16 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Unfortunately the NAV radio and/or OBS gauge seems rather broken for me...

Does anyone else noticed this as a bug?