Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

How to Sign up for SU7 Beta?

In Steam? Right click msfs, click game properties, click beta, then join the beta.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

what about non steam?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Nobody's perfect 😄

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

5 minutes ago, Greazer said:

I don't have steam 😁

Download XBox Insider hub https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-insider-hub/9pldpg46g47z?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Launch it and join the MSFS beta from there

Open XBox App and it will show an update, that's the beta hotfix

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

Open XBox App and it will show an update, that's the beta hotfix

I followed your instructions but the Xbox App does not show any update. I have launched MSFS and it did not update either and is still showing version 1.2.13. I checked in the Xbox App by clicking on the Insider program icon and it says I have joined the insider program for MSFS and I checked in the MS Store and no update happens. 

How do you trigger the actual update so that it is applied?

4 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Xbox App does not show any update

check MS Store then for the update of the launcher / core exe file. once installed it will trigger various further updates and also check marketplace/content manager for updates

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

17 minutes ago, DAD said:

check MS Store then for the update of the launcher / core exe file. once installed it will trigger various further updates and also check marketplace/content manager for updates

Just tried this again and still nothing. I went into the MS Store and clicked on MSFS as per other updates but nothing updates. I also clicked on 'get all updates' and nothing appeared for MSFS. It was written on MSFS however, 'install from Xbox Live'. I clicked on that and it took me to the Xbox Live Hub but nothing appear on MSFS and it did not update. I just launched MSFS from within the Xbox Live App to check and it goes straight to the menu screen applying no updates and is still on 1.21.13.

Any other ideas?

2 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Just tried this again and still nothing. I went into the MS Store and clicked on MSFS as per other updates but nothing updates. I also clicked on 'get all updates' and nothing appeared for MSFS. It was written on MSFS however, 'install from Xbox Live'. I clicked on that and it took me to the Xbox Live Hub but nothing appear on MSFS and it did not update. I just launched MSFS from within the Xbox Live App to check and it goes straight to the menu screen applying no updates and is still on 1.21.13.

Any other ideas?

you did download/install XBox Insider hub, joined the MSFS beta and got a confirmation that you joined (takes some moments if I remember correctly)? Else, try to log off and back on to your account with your gamer tag

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

This might help.

• Like 3

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

10 minutes ago, DAD said:

you did download/install XBox Insider hub, joined the MSFS beta and got a confirmation that you joined (takes some moments if I remember correctly)? Else, try to log off and back on to your account with your gamer tag

Yes, I downloaded the Xbox insider hub and joined the MSFS beta. It says in the insider hub that I am joined and I can see it when I click on 'manage'. However, I did not receive any email confirmation or any other type of confirmation (apart from it saying that I am part of the beta in the insider app). Is there an email confirmation I must wait for?

Okay, the update has now appeared in the Xbox App. It must take some time to appear. Thanks for your help.

• Like 2

Hi

I have been trying to download and install xbox insider hub for many days but unsuccessful.

I always get the same error code : Code: 0x80070005. " something unexpected happened"

I tried different method suggested online but always same result, error.

any suggestions, please ?

48 minutes ago, Wood4591 said:

Hi

I have been trying to download and install xbox insider hub for many days but unsuccessful.

I always get the same error code : Code: 0x80070005. " something unexpected happened"

I tried different method suggested online but always same result, error.

any suggestions, please ?

Do you have administrator privileges?

Take a look here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-code-0x80070005/08a90197-f23b-4d70-95d9-d47ddedcb54f?auth=1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png