Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

This Island Earth

54 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Uh...When did Robbie appear in lost in space?  I bet he never said "Danger, Will Robinson!".

robby-will-and-b-9-lost-in-space.jpg?w=5

Robby the Robot (left above) appeared in 2 episodes of Lost in Space.

https://lostinspace.fandom.com/wiki/Robby_the_Robot

Robby the Robot had quite an acting resume over the years:

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1119475/filmotype/actor?ref_=m_nmfm_1

Edited by Mike A
IMDB
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, martin-w said:

He absolutely did. You couldn't shut him up. Every episode he yelled "Danger Will Robinson!" 

Lost in Space Jonathan Harris & Robot 1967.jpg

Not the same robot!  This one's name was not Robbie, but as MikeA pointed out, they appeared together in several episodes.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The robot from the original TV series was usually simply called "Robot" but was also designated as a Class M-3 Model *B9, General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot .

Some say his name is, based on that information, either *B9 / Benign .

Or Gunter / Gunther.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

Not the same robot!  This one's name was not Robbie, but as MikeA pointed out, they appeared together in several episodes.

Its because I'm so young, I didn't remember. 😺

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martin-w said:

Its because I'm so young, I didn't remember. 😺

Hey! I'm only 23 🤔😳

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just now, charliearon said:

Hey! I'm only 23 

...multiplied by? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martin-w said:

...multiplied by? 

Well, Lessee..........I was born in '49 and that was 23 years ago!  That was easy! (math was never my strong suit!)

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

13 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Well, Lessee..........I was born in '49 and that was 23 years ago!  That was easy! (math was never my strong suit!)

I was born in 1958, pretty sure that makes me about 12. Or at least that's my mental age. 😁

• Like 1

I see we're getting into the Abbott & Costello math:

• Like 1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Am I the only one who cared more about Anne Francis than the robot? You can find a lot of FP influences in Star Trek, probably not least of which is Uhuru's uniform. ("Hello, men who have been in outer space for the last two years, this is my daughter and what could possibly go wrong?")

Anne-Francis1.jpg

She was OK!  I liked her better in Honey West!  Along with Bruce the Ocelot! 🐱 (Cat point!)

download.jpeg

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

8 minutes ago, charliearon said:

She was OK!  I liked her better in Honey West!

Why was I thinking Tuesday Weld was Honey West? (Maybe because she was one of the Avenger women, although Diana Rigg was better, one of those RSC actresses that became commercial successes like Helen Mirren.) But you're right. Forbidden Planet always cues up the Rocky Horror Picture Show opening credits song in my head. "...Anne Francis starred in Forbidden Planet." I liked This Island Earth for the cool tech. A sci-fi classic that actually makes an effort to meld science with fiction is The Magnetic Monster, although it doesn't have Anne Francis or Tuesday Weld in it. Or whoever was in This Island Earth.

• Like 1

Faith Domergue

Charlie Aron

3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Faith Domergue

I bet you had to look that up, though 😉 But now the name rings a bell due to her connection with well-known aviation enthusiast Howard Hughes.

• Like 1