Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

Charts for MSFS2020

23 minutes ago, vin747 said:

for example, in KMCO they have recently added SNFLD1 STAR.. how do i get this to show up in LNM thru MSFS?

if i list all STARS at KMCO using my old airac, many of the latest KMCO stars dont show up..dont know how to pull that info from MSFS directly.. 

SNFLD1  is there.

Scenery Library > Load Scenery Library > Load      or [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[L]

also, make sure you set to Do Not use Navigraph  Scenery Library > option 3 > Do not

Edited by Traveler Ray

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

if i use option 3, then it says airport has no procedures.. how does it work for you?

i did load the MSFS scenery library too..

edit - let me try with latest LNM version.. i was using 2.6.13.. lemme download .17

Edited by vin747

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

24 minutes ago, Traveler Ray said:

SNFLD1  is there.

Scenery Library > Load Scenery Library > Load      or [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[L]

also, make sure you set to Do Not use Navigraph  Scenery Library > option 3 > Do not

also, what airac do you have from navigraph? you probably have something later than 2013.. 

problem is when i installed MSFS, i never had an active navigraph account and so i could never use the FMS data manager on MSFS.. i think many of you have done that and maybe thats why we're seeing different things..

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Is cycle 2113 the latest Navigraph AIRAC cycle for the year 2021? 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

44 minutes ago, vin747 said:

also, what airac do you have from navigraph? you probably have something later than 2013..

I don't have navigraph

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

6 hours ago, tup61 said:

So I understand but I fail to see why. 😉

Tried the free version. Was not impressed. Navigraph all the way. Was initially hesitant to commit to yet another subscription, but don't regret it. 

I extensively use the ingame panel to call up relevant charts. 

1 hour ago, Traveler Ray said:

I don't have navigraph

BREAKTHROUGH finally!

I clicked on "do not use navigraph" under scenery library options in LNM and then rebuilt the scenery database by [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[L] and after that I'm able to see all the latest procedures..

like in KMCO, I can see SNFLD1.. you were right! thanks a ton!

so even without a navigraph subscription, I guess we can access latest MSFS airac procedures in LNM, which is really cool.. 

Edited by vin747
  • Like 2

Vinod Kumar

charts in EU are free but probably little known for US/Cdn if you goto https://fltplan.com/AwMainSearchToAirportID.exe?a=1

and put in the ICAO and in select the approach charts and select Fast Viewing and Right click - save as

If you have LNM when there's an FS update just reload the scenery library. and also put in the extra maps like VFR, Sectionals, LO/High IFR, Google maps, ect..

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

If you have LNM when there's an FS update just reload the scenery library.

What's the purpose of doing this when I'm using the navigraph airac cycle and not the default msfs one?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 hours ago, vin747 said:

BREAKTHROUGH finally!

I clicked on "do not use navigraph" under scenery library options in LNM and then rebuilt the scenery database by [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[L] and after that I'm able to see all the latest procedures..

like in KMCO, I can see SNFLD1.. you were right! thanks a ton!

so even without a navigraph subscription, I guess we can access latest MSFS airac procedures in LNM, which is really cool.. 

Yep, that's exactly how it works. Very simple. Of course over time Simbrief may go out of sync more and more (because of the AIRAC not being updated) but that van be solved by either getting a one month sub of Navigraph just for that or loading the Simbrief plan into LNM and fix it there. 

Anyway, I will stick with LNM: I see no reason to pay for the EFB. 

EDIT
And for charts may I'd recommend https://chartfox.org Those are real world charts! The site has an interface that's similar to the Navigraph Charts one.

I'd like to do a comparison with one of the Aivlasoft EFB charts to see what's missing on them. Maybe an EFB owner can show the EFB chart for this random approach and STAR?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Screenshot of Chartfox: it has similar functions as Nav Charts: tabs for GEN, TAXI, SID, STAR, APPR and you can dock charts for a specific flight with the +-sign, just like in Charts.  

Chartfox.png

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

What's the purpose of doing this when I'm using the navigraph airac cycle and not the default msfs one?

None. Navigraph installs its database directly into LNM so LNM will always automatically read the latest Navigraph AIRAC (if you've installed it, obviously). You only have to reload the library if you are using the default MSFS database and it has been updated.

• Like 2

So basically, if I get Navigraph, I get the best and most expensive?

Then it all comes down to to what I personally need.
What happens if you cancel subscription?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

27 minutes ago, PapaRomeo said:

So basically, if I get Navigraph, I get the best and most expensive?

Then it all comes down to to what I personally need.
What happens if you cancel subscription?

It depends on what you need indeed: AIRAC only (but you get those for free with MSFS itself) or AIRAC plus Charts (but you can get those for free with for instance ChartFox and you can use LNM (also free) as a moving map and figuring out SIDs and STARs and what not). In the end all that Navigraph offers can be gotten free too. Whatever Navigraph Charts offers more than LNM+Chartfox... I don't know what that might be but I don't need it. To me the only advantage I can think of is it will keep Simbrief up to date... but I certainly won't pay 10 bucks a month for that. 😉 Maybe I'll do that once a year or even less (so only when I begin to notice big navdata differences between Simbrief and MSFS).

But anyway, when you cancel your Navi-subscription you will keep access to it until the end date. So you can take a sub today, cancel it tomorrow and you will still have access to everything for a month.

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

Having all the needed charts at my fingertips and on all devices plus in-game without needing to fiddle around with another program or hunt around for charts on 7 different websites is well worth (to me) the cost of subscribing.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Having all the needed charts at my fingertips and on all devices plus in-game without needing to fiddle around with another program or hunt around for charts on 7 different websites is well worth (to me) the cost of subscribing.

I can see the advantage of having charts on all devices but I don't use any devices. 'In game' is of no importance to me at all because I don't see the difference between a truly ingame screen and a WIndows screen on top of MSFS... It's just as convenient. And I don't have to hunt for charts: I also have them all in 1 location. Not 7. I only need LNM as an extra in case I want a moving map (which usually isn't the case) or to edit flightplans (which I usually don't). Of course I know some people don't mind paying monthly for this year in year out but well... I do, Specially when I can get all I need in one (or two) locations for free. 😉 Take note: the Navi Charts app is great, I am not saying it sucks. But I wouldn't pay more than 1 or 2 dollars a month for it. It just isn't worth it for me. 😉

• Like 1