Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

Charts for MSFS2020

5 hours ago, tup61 said:

but I certainly won't pay 10 bucks a month for that.

$7/month w/ charts, $2.50/month AIRAC only, when done annually.  I did AIRAC only, but thanks for the heads up on how to sync LNM and MSFS.  Since I discovered how to toggle the taxi ribbon on and off while in-flight I just use that when I don't know an airport to get to runways and gates.  Sometime if I get bored w/ that may start playing with charts.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Sometime if I get bored w/ that may start playing with charts.

In that case (which is my case too) you really should check ChartFox! And those prices when done anually: you never know what's going to happen and what I like to do within a few months, let alone a year, so I'd never do an annual payment for something like this. And per month it is 10 euro. Way too much imho.

Just now I had a real good time planning a flight with various charts from ChartFox: pity the FBW A32NX made MSFS CTD right after take off... 😓

Edited by tup61

Well...pretty much chump change to do a year's AIRAC at $28.90 US, though agreed it's not necessary.  Quite frankly knowing I'll never fly a real plane more than the little I have already w/ a friend years ago I will probably skip charts it's not worth the trouble.  If I couldn't find a runway threshold or gate I'd consider it, but then again as you well know gates are not accurately numbered, so what good is a chart for an arrival gate?  I understand there is going to be work on getting more accurate gate numbers and other airport markers more accuratelly implemented.  I use default ATC, hope it gets better and I am quite convinced it will.  What I really need to get MSFS to where I want it is the arrival of FSCaptain, which puts the other career programs to shame based only on reading how and what the other career programs offer currently.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

9 minutes ago, Noel said:

If I couldn't find a runway threshold or gate I'd consider it, but then again as you well know gates are not accurately numbered, so what good is a chart for an arrival gate?

Well, there's more to charts than aerodrome charts, of course. I think most simmers use charts for the SID, STAR and approach! If it was only about finding your way on the ground nodoby would pay for charts. 😉

The only planes I use have FMC's with all required nav  data already present, hence no need ;o)   It helps to be flying the big birds you make a lot more money too :biggrin:

Noel

11 hours ago, captain420 said:

What's the purpose of doing this when I'm using the navigraph airac cycle and not the default msfs one?

Basically none, there's basically no diff between the airac from FS and Navigraph (that I can see) but the longer you use the Navigraph cycle without updating LNM or Navigraph the more the diff will be in the airac database between FS and Navigraph. Thing is that if you have the pockets and you want the best immersion then yea go for navigraph at $140Cdn/Year and everything will be sync'd you'll also get the charts.

If you don't have pockets for it, Aivlasoft is pricey for what it does and if not mistaken you will need to buy the NavData to update it, while LNM does nearly everything, for example with Aivlasoft you can't overlay google maps, the HI/Low IFR or VFR Sectionals it would be a diff story if they did while LNM can do this. With the Go link I showed you basically also have free airac updated charts for NA.

Both are fine, with MSFS LNM and FltGo you have updated airac, an incredible flight planner, moving charts and IFR/VFR maps and aero charts for no cost. It's just about the price you can afford.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I have MSFS and all my apps in sync when it comes to a specific AIRAC cycle. I am using NG 2113 for MSFS, LNM, Simbrief. I don't plan on updating that data for another year or so. So currently everything is in sync across my flight sim and apps.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

38 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I have MSFS and all my apps in sync when it comes to a specific AIRAC cycle. I am using NG 2113 for MSFS, LNM, Simbrief. I don't plan on updating that data for another year or so. So currently everything is in sync across my flight sim and apps.

Can you still download AIRACs manually? In the past I sometimes bought an AIRAC which you could download as an installer so you could reinstall it whenever needed. However, the last time I got a Navigraph sub I had to use a downloader to get that done and I found out you can ONLY rum that app with an active sub. Which was very inconvenient because I had to manually recover the default database when my sub had ended. And you also can't reinstall the AIRAC you bought in the future whenever a reinstall is needed. 

It seems it's harder to keep a Navigraph AIRAC working for a longer period. 

Not really related to the conversation regarding which chart service, etc.  but thought I'd ask here anyway instead of starting a new thread as my question is about SID and STAR, Simbrief, and maybe AIRC cycle.  I do not have a Navigraph subscription. Simbrief is using old Airac Cycle (2003 - Outdated) So, often I create a flight in Simbrief and import into the FBW A320 FMC.  When I go to configure Departure and Arrival I do not have a sid/star that matches what Simbrief shows.  I just pick one that is similar since I don't have charts.  Will getting a one month Navigraph subscription so I can update Simbrief resolve this issue and after the subscription expires will Simbrief stay current with the Airac cycle that got updated with my navigraph sub or does it revert back?  Is there another way to get Simbrief and the A320 FMC sid/star to match up without Navigraph sub to update Airac Cycle in Simbrief?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, totalstu said:

Will getting a one month Navigraph subscription so I can update Simbrief resolve this issue and after the subscription expires will Simbrief stay current with the Airac cycle that got updated with my navigraph sub or does it revert back?  Is there another way to get Simbrief and the A320 FMC sid/star to match up without Navigraph sub to update Airac Cycle in Simbrief?

Thanks

Simbrief will keep your last 'purchased' AIRAC active. I had the default AIRAC from 2003, did a one month sub in december and although that sub has ended now it is still working in Simbrief. Provided you are using the same account, of course. 

And no, the ONLY way to update Simbrief is with a Navigraph sub. This is why some people take a one month sub just to update Simbrief whenever they notice they are getting too much differences and hence errors with older AIRACs and the updated MSFS data. Changes to AIRACs are usually small and a sub once every year (or even less) may do the trick.

BTW I am using the default MSFS planner more and more for the FWB A32NX... Works like a charm, really. And it prevents and eliminates all possible navdata problems... I am not sure why I used Simbrief, really. And since I discovered ChartFox... Well, can't see any reason why I should spend any more money on Navigraph. 

Edited by tup61

30 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Simbrief will keep your last 'purchased' AIRAC active. I had the default AIRAC from 2003, did a one month sub in december and although that sub has ended now it is still working in Simbrief. Provided you are using the same account, of course. 

And no, the ONLY way to update Simbrief is with a Navigraph sub. This is why some people take a one month sub just to update Simbrief whenever they notice they are getting too much differences and hence errors with older AIRACs and the updated MSFS data. Changes to AIRACs are usually small and a sub once every year (or even less) may do the trick.

BTW I am using the default MSFS planner more and more for the FWB A32NX... Works like a charm, really. And it prevents and eliminates all possible navdata problems... I am not sure why I used Simbrief, really. And since I discovered ChartFox... Well, can't see any reason why I should spend any more money on Navigraph. 

Thanks for the info.  I don't know why I use Simbrief considering I don't even use Vatsim.  To much time watching Youtube streams and thinking I needed it. Haha!.  Maybe I'll just use the default MSFS planner, get a vatsim account so I can get into Chartfox and see how things go from there.

• Like 1

Can I use the Aivlasoft EFB client inside Sim (via MSFS Toolbar or //42 Flow) or is it only possible in window mode?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS