Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Pilatus Porter and the G 1000

I've been watching "Paddy Pilot"'s bush flying videos on youtube, where he noodles around in Papua with a Pilatus Porter. 

I vastly prefer his videos to the ones by MBP - less clickbaity and he doesn't try to sell you t shirts and coffee mugs every 3 minutes. 

His videos are much less polished but fun to watch and includes lots of local color

https://www.youtube.com/c/PaddyPilot/videos

Anyway, so I was thinking of adding a Pilatus Porter to my stable of aircraft to have something fun to fly in the summer.

Came across the Milviz one, looks good, and has the G 1000 - then I saw someone mention on youtube that it actually doesn't support the WT G 1000 NXi. 

Is this true? If so, why? Are Milviz planning to integrate the WT G 1000? 

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Came across the Milviz one, looks good, and has the G 1000 - then I saw someone mention on youtube that it actually doesn't support the WT G 1000 NXi. 

Is this true? If so, why? Are Milviz planning to integrate the WT G 1000? 

That is out-of-date info.  That was only true for the first couple of weeks after launch of the Miviz PC-6.  

The WT NXi now works great with the PC-6.  In fact, it now even has proper startup behavior (proper mode on one display).

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Although I like the Milviz Porter the engine instrument on the right side seem to be smacked together.

Labels missing, fuel quantity gauges are to low and partly hidden under the bezel.

Outside model is not on the same level as the MSFS Porter.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Has anyone heard of any mods in work for the Asobo Porter? Is there a pilot Report for the default Porter?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

31 minutes ago, raymar said:

Has anyone heard of and mods in work for the Asobo Porter? Is there a pilot Report for the default Porter?

Regards,

Ray

There is one from Got Gravel. I can only find a discord link and dont know ift that will work for you.

https://discord.com/channels/793376245915189268/899562618866516049

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 hour ago, Mace said:

That is out-of-date info.  That was only true for the first couple of weeks after launch of the Miviz PC-6.  

The WT NXi now works great with the PC-6.  In fact, it now even has proper startup behavior (proper mode on one display).

Good to know, thanks. 

Ok, so what's the verdict on the Milviz Pilatus Porter? 

Flight model, sounds, visuals?

Yay or nay?

46 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yay or nay?

I would wait for the FSG porter and it's reviews and then make a choise.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yay or nay?

It is one of the best two addons for MSFS along with the Kodiak. Until the Kodiak came out my MSFS was purely a Pilatus Porter Simulator. It is unbelievably good. Plus buy it now and get Stage 2 (amphib, steam gauges) for free in a few months. 

Or, wait for the FSG version 🙄

12 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I vastly prefer his videos to the ones by MBP - less clickbaity and he doesn't try to sell you t shirts and coffee mugs every 3 minutes. 

THANK YOU.

I know a lot of folks here enjoy MBP, but he's just a bit too youtube for me to fully enjoy without cringe.   This guy seems a lot more my speed. 🙂

The people's flag is deepest red.

Thanks for highlighting Paddy Pilot!

Just checked a video out! Much more my speed myself - lot less “Hollywood” and more real…

Darn, may have to add the Porter to my Kodiak…😂

9 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yay or nay?

I think it's a "yay" but it's not the end-all-be-all.  I mean I wasn't just totally floored the first time I flew it.  But that's just me, it's difficult to make me go "wow".

Anyway the Milviz Porter is good enough that I had set up my Honeycomb Bravo solely for it, for a couple of weeks.  Flight model seems pretty good within the current limitations of MSFS.  I can crab it in on final and it doesn't misbehave too much.  The stall will sneak up on you, and I don't know if the stall behavior is accurate or not to the real world aircraft.  Sounds are ok but I'm not hearing little things like body creak, which I do hear with some other aircraft like the Carenado Seminole.  Visuals seem all right to me.

There is another PC-6 in development, and user OSM has been showcasing various features of it for a while now.  My disclosure is, I am a big PC-6 fan so I would have bought both regardless.  The in-development one looks really promising.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

11 minutes ago, raymar said:

Thanks, but, I was not able to find anything for the PC-6 at that discord link.

Ray

If you add the Got Gravel server to your discord and look under the tab "Beta-files" there is an add on for the Porter and what it does.