Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Aussie Animals

Probably a dumb question but which Aussie airports feature animals after update 7?

The addon airport YSPT SouthPort near the Gold Coast is the only one that I know of.  There's probably others and surely will be others all over the world eventually.

YSPT is one of those I really hesitated on buying but Im glad I did.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Ok I just bought it too. Worth the cost to see Skippy. 

Someone created an airport with over 100 elephants running towards the main runway and put it up on fs.to a year ago or so. I guess it would be a good trick to play on someone else's MSFS installation to create one like that. And then sneak it into their Community folder. So when he lands at his favorite airport: big surprise!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

Someone created an airport with over 100 elephants running towards the main runway and put it up on fs.to a year ago or so. I guess it would be a good trick to play on someone else's MSFS installation to create one like that. And then sneak it into their Community folder. So when he lands at his favorite airport: big surprise!

This is hilarious, but as I thought about it, it would be pretty amazing to have smaller regional airports/airstrips around the world where animals on the runway were actually possible as an added challenge when flying into remote places. Imagine planning to land on grass strip in the Rockies and seeing a herd of deer right on the runway as you come around the bend.

Not that I suggest playing tricks or anything....😁

https://flightsim.to/file/4161/london-heathrow-elephant-invasion

spacer.png

• Like 4

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Snoopy tried to scare the aviators....

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 11:35 PM, sightseer said:

The addon airport YSPT SouthPort near the Gold Coast is the only one that I know of.  There's probably others and surely will be others all over the world eventually.

YSPT is one of those I really hesitated on buying but Im glad I did.

Assuming you may not live in the region (excuse me if you do 🙂), the screenshot's I've seen are fairly accurate, and the amount of wildlife too.

I'm about 2 km from it

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

I'm about 2 km from it

Cool.  Thats good to know... not your location but about the accuracy of the airport and wildlife 😀

No, Im in the US of A and only really know the southeast quadrant of that.  I think you guys would enjoy the Appalachians and the Blue Ridge Mountains here in the US.  They seem similar to the mountains in southeast AU from what I see in sims.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

A little off topic, but one of the places near me that I "fly" to regularly, in reality has recommendations that pilots overfly the runway first to make sure there are no animals on it.

• Like 2

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

A lot of Aussies will not drive on country roads at dawn or dusk because the Kangaroos seem to like to use the roads too at that time. They can cause a heck of a lot of damage to a fast moving vehicle and occupants. I do not know if any planes have hit them but if they have I imagine it would not be pretty.

Edited by AOB
  • Like 2

Thanks for those interesting links Harry. The Blackburn Kangaroo does not look structurally sound. Too long and flimsy. 🙂