Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSflyguy

PHIL LIED!!!

Guest MauiHawk

He said to expect 20 - 50% improvement.I measured an:***************************** !!! 128% improvement !!! *****************************:D :D :D :D :D :D :DBut before you get too excited, I did do another test where I managed ONLY a 106% improvment!Accordingly, I have spoken to my wife and she has agreed we will rename our first-born child, our 8 month old baby girl, to Phil. Some people MAY find that cruel at first. But everyone will of course hold her in the highest regard once they find she is named for the great Phil Taylor.Thanks ACES!!!The details:Med/high settings except traffic low. Dense autogen. Both tests in fair weather setting over PDX area. Target FPS set unlimited so that didn't artificially hold down FPS. Tests run using flight video and Fraps.Test 1: low and fast over urban areasRTM) min: 11, max: 23, avg: 16.065SP1) min: 24, max: 50, avg: 36.695128% !!Test 2: mid alt, liesurly with late dive over KPDXRTM) min: 7, max: 42, avg: 21.44SP1) min: 23, max: 63, avg: 44.075106% !!(Since min FPS is arguably the most important, notice it jumped well over 200% in the second test)A64 2.2GHz (soon to be X2 OC)2 Gig ram8800 GTS 640(soon to have Phil Taylor decal on case)Sorry to clutter with an excess thread, I just couldn't contain my excitement.....

Hahaha, funny stuff!Thanks for the report. I'll get to install in the evening, after work.If I'm not happy with the results on my single-core, I'll just get some new HW (was going to do that anyway soon).Tero

PPL(A)

I'm seeing similar results - went from low teens and high 20s to 40-60 sustained, even over large cities. They did an excellent job IMO, and it will only get better with the new CPUs and vid cards coming later this year.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I am also seeing a 75%-95% increase on minimum frame rates on a similar system.Test 1Before SP1: 16-23fpsAfter SP1: 31-36fpsTest2Before SP1: 23-25fpsAfter SP1: 40-47fpsI am amazed there is such an improvement without a second core.

You know what the best part of this thread is? The fact that the doubters will see the title and think, "AH-HA, I knew Phil was full of it.":D

Guest LSflyguy

nah, I think the naysayers have already slithered back into their slime-ridden holes, only to await the next "disaster" when FS11 is released ;) GUESS WHAT PEOPLE... FSX IS A G-R-E-A-T SIM!!!!

I haven't measured what performance increase I have yet, was never really disappointed with FSX in the first place to be honest and after a bit of tweaking found it perfectly acceptable, this was on a fairly high spec machine though ... but my word!!!SP1 has now totally transformed FSX, I must be getting in the region of 50% or more increase in frame rates over what I had before.Thanks again ACE's and Phil, job well done.

I agree. It really is like a nicely polished sim now. Even some of those annoying bugs that I hated seem to be fixed now. Landing lights work finally and the loading percentage complete screen actually displays now instead of just the black screen. This is incredible. Never in gaming history has a patch ever done something like this. Kudos! In fact, kuMOTHERFNGdos! Bravo, *applause*Now time for those dodosim guys to get on the stick and release my fsx dodo!________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>I agree. It really is like a nicely polished sim now. Even>some of those annoying bugs that I hated seem to be fixed now.>Landing lights work finally and the loading percentage>complete screen actually displays now instead of just the>black screen. This is incredible. Never in gaming history has>a patch ever done something like this. Kudos! In fact,>kuMOTHERFNGdos! Bravo, *applause*>>Now time for those dodosim guys to get on the stick and>release my fsx dodo!>>________________________________________________________________________________________________>>Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz>| 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | >Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA>RAID-0 | >OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW |>Matrox Triplehead SetupAnd its not even over yet! We've still got Adrenaline expansion AND DX10!!!

Guest bugout

That lying ####...I'm on a lowly P4 @ 3.8Ghz and I'm seeing at least 100% increase in performance with the sliders almost maxed. Amazing!I was going to go quad core this week but now I'll wait until the July price drops!Vista UltimateP4@ 3.8Ghz 4GB Ram (3.2 showing)7950GX2 1GBDell 3007 WFP 2560x1600

The biggest gripe that, FSX does not support multicore... has been fixed. So can we safely say..we can bury that discussion for ever?I had OCed my PC to a point where my CPU temp was reaching its limit when both cores were at 100% never bothered me earlier. Thats cause FSX never utilized both cores. Not I may need to throttle back my OC aspects of it. Cause my CPU reaches 80-100% utlization.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi all !!He did...in reality !!??I am awaited a lot and tought " what ever i thinck i have to wait another 2 years or so....I never NEVER awaited sutch an IMROVMENT didn`ttought sometthing like that is possible..but looks likeit was.I am realy out off words.............And that with an old non dual core rigGreat work , and so mutch THANK YOU to ACES Team.Now ADD ON`s for FSX lets have a party...........cheersMario G

This is the type of FLAME-BAIT that turns a great occasion like this sour. FSX with SP1 might not have been a reality if the "nay sayers" had not complained about the RTM version. I was not pleased with the RTM version myself, but I am very excited by what I am hearing about SP1. I cannot wait to leave work to try it out. So please do no turn this occasion into something less desirable.ThanksKabs