Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Next step up from CJ4?

5 hours ago, a321 said:

Did you use the stock Cj4 or the WT CJ4? If you only used the Stock CJ4, then back to school.

Master the WT CJ4, then step up to the A32nx or CRJ (which uses similar avionics to the CJ4)

This is what I did.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

2 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

I just tried the stock Longitude and it felt a bit mickey mouse to me,

Nobody flies the stock Longitude since there is an excellent mod by dakfly out there. 

To be honest, currently there is no real "step up" from the CJ4. Sure, the Longitude is a step in terms of size and range, but its avionics package lacks the depth of what the WT guys did for the CJ4.

If you really want to step it up, I would suggest the Kodiak 100 with the G 1000 NXi, the latter also courtesy of WT. 

The Kodiak 100 comes with a business class interior as one option (select "summit" interior). 

• Like 2

Agree with several of the posts here recommending A32NX, CRJ or Kodiak..  If you love the WT CJ4, you will quickly get annoyed with the Longitude even with the FD mod and the WT G3000.  You will run into the flightplan issue where you get turned around and unable to track to waypoints, etc.  It has so much potential but not flyable for me at the moment.  Maybe once WT get the G3000 up to speed and the default flightplan issues are fixed (how is this still not fixed 18 months after release???).

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

If you are prepared to wait a fairly short while whilst PMDG does their beta test, I strongly believe that the best 'learner airliner', is the Boeing 737.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I would say the FBW A320. Since you've got the WT CJ4 down, you're already fairly schooled in working for an FMC and autopilot. Sure, the A320 is a step up, but in the meantime we wait for PMDG 737 and FENIX A320, the FBW version is free and really, really good. 

I'd vote the next step is to turn off unlimited fuel and learn flight planning around that. Keeping the tankd artificially full changes the flight characteristics over the route. As you move up in airplane complexity fuel weight becomes an issue. For instance  a fully loaded and fueled 747 won't climb to its final cruise altitude until some of that fuel burns off and lightens the plane.

Think of it this way, getting a CJ4 across the pond with realistic fuel burns means you get to take off and land more often, which is fun.

• Like 3