Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Stuttering with new 3080

hi all,

I got a new 3080 via a friend the day before yesterday.
I tried it yesterday and noticed some stuttering every 5 seconds or so, Even on my old well performing settings.
But, even after the SU8 update. it still exists, even on the lowest settings, with all add-ons disabled, rolling cache removed.

Any tips?

cheers
victor

• Like 1

Victor Roos

Have you tried a clean Nvidia driver reinstall, along with clearing your directx shader cache (through the windows cleanup tool)?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Have you tried a clean Nvidia driver reinstall, along with clearing your directx shader cache (through the windows cleanup tool)?

I would absolutely agree here.  I might even run DDU cleaner to make sure any remnants of your old GPU are gone

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A clean reinstall of the Nvidia drivers usually do the trick. If not, do what the other guys here suggested ^

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

35 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

A clean reinstall of the Nvidia drivers usually do the trick. If not, do what the other guys here suggested ^

I did that, but I.. heheh, kinda forgot about DDU, long time no new GPU... going to run it tonight 🙂

Edited by Victoroos
  • Like 1

Victor Roos

Also try deleting your user cfg in MSFS so it builds a new one.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

SU8 runs exceptionally well on my 3090,  so your 3080 should too.   

Now, this is a long shot.  But I passed by a thread where people were talking about stuttering.  I wish I had bookmarked it,  because I can't find it now or even recall where I saw it.  

They traced it back to an audio setting and cured it by manually selecting an output device in MSFS sound options.  

Screenshot-3.png

If you still find yourself stumped,  I would re-install or update your motherboard's chipset drivers.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 2

Also if you have the Troglodytus dolomites /italian alps/pyrenees /slovakia mesh from flightsim.to , removing those cured my stutters. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

hmm, DDU didn't fix it. Thanks for the tips though!

Weird, when it doesn't stutter it is way more smooth than my 1070.

I'm trying a reinstall now! Let's see how it goes :).

Victor Roos

On 3/1/2022 at 4:25 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

Now, this is a long shot.  But I passed by a thread where people were talking about stuttering.  I wish I had bookmarked it,  because I can't find it now or even recall where I saw it.  

They traced it back to an audio setting and cured it by manually selecting an output device in MSFS sound options.  

Screenshot-3.png

If you still find yourself stumped,  I would re-install or update your motherboard's chipset drivers.

I tried but it didn't work, still thanks for the input! 🙂

Victor Roos

On 3/1/2022 at 4:25 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

Screenshot-3.png

There was an issue in the early beta of SU8 where leaving this to the "default audio device" would cause dramatic fps loss and perhaps stutters.
It is fixed in the final SU8.

If reïnstall doesn't work you might need to review your hardware settings. Sometimes disabling xmp in the bios helps and if that is the case you will need to use manual settings for your RAM. It's just one of the many things that could cause stutters though.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Have you tried frame rate capping, both inside and outside the sim or just one or the other?

Is your Windows install up to date?

I had a weird stutter issue a couple of updates ago - whenever I had another app running and in focus, MSFS would run smooth. But if I clicked back on MSFS and had that in focus, it would stutter. Which is opposite of what it should do. Updating my Windows 10 fixed it.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

After lots of testing, it was the combi of a reinstall, BIOS update and FSUIPC being not up to date. Now it runs smoootthhh ;), prr

• Like 1

Victor Roos