Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The "I truly realize what MSFS is now" post.

Just now, 6297J said:

I have a strong suspicion there is a post in the P3D forum from the same person a few weeks ago - 'OK that's it, I can't make P3D work on my computer, I'm off to MSFS' 😁

Uh uh...that would not be me,  stating back to MSFS...lol!   It might be another Mitch...lol.   Anyways...too much frustration for me now from one update cycle to the next,  from one, fixed that, now buggererd this....fix, bugger, fix, bugger, fix, bugger....at my age, I hope TO BE HERE, in 10 years...let alone it 'finally' being seen as a RTM release! LOL!

1 minute ago, 6297J said:

I have a strong suspicion there is a post in the P3D forum from the same person a few weeks ago - 'OK that's it, I can't make P3D work on my computer, I'm off to MSFS' 😁

Hehe.  I try to visit my old stomping grounds (aka P3D forum) once in a while.  Usually the posts are pretty normal...  new product, or asking for help with a product, etc, bugs....  but sometimes you get the "MSFS is stupid" posts too lol.  We have the P3D ones cropping up in this forum too.  Why can't we all just be happy flightsim friends haha?

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

No offense intended to the OP, but I literally have no idea what you are talking about. Sim works fine on my 5 year old computer. Smooth as silk, for the most part...

(Dons flameproof suit...)

Edited by b1bmsgt
  • Like 7

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

2 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

He’s been on my ignore list for years …

Right...Sierra...that's why you just posted to another thread...on your list...what a crock! LOLOL

1 minute ago, b1bmsgt said:

No offense intended to the OP, but I literally have no idea what you are talking about. Sim works fine on my 5 year old computer. Smooth as silk, for the most part...

No offense taken at all...glad that it is...enjoy!

Ok...had my say....finished my MSFS coffee, and will be back after MSFS Update 9 is ready to shove into it... 🙂

Closing door, turning out light...but will still drive by the building to make sure there are no break ins...LOLOLOLOL!

• Like 3

Its cool.  There are plenty of old people who still enjoy their VHS decks.  The picture doesnt look very good, but it works and you dont have to learn how to use any new remotes.  Its understandable really.  Go pop P3D into the deck and press play.

EDIT... I probably should have added that you'll be stuck watching "Honey I Shrunk the Kids III" over and over, but that goes with the territory right?  Not many VHS tapes being made anymore...

Edited by VFXSimmer
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

No offense taken at all...glad that it is...enjoy!

Of course, having said that, I do, coincidentally, have P3D v4.5 fully tweaked out and ready to launch at a moment's notice...😁

• Like 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

39 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

It is a 10 year project Beta Flight Simulator Platform,  whereby you pay to have access to it, and it is merely a curiosity.  With each developer update over that stated 10 year outlook, you come back to it, after an update, and see what's fixed from the last update cycle, see what's now buggered, and then shut down, and move back to a more stable and mature flight simulator platform.  For myself, at least, that would be P3D.

With this latest SU8, that has again put my MSFS into a state of (on my system) in 'Buggered Mode',  that's what I now again need to do....go back to a flight sim, that is stable, and I know will run and perform, without holding my breath while doing so.

So, waiting for the next Beta Run...SU9, to fix what is now buggered in SU8., (Main Thread (with nothing in the Community Folder!) on the ground running at a bogging 45-150 ms, and tanked FPS,  and on, and on, and on, over the next 10 years of the Beta Run.

I won't let the door smack my butt on the way out, so nobody has to worry about that...I'll be careful to turn out the lights as well...lol!   

Ses

My MSFS is running the same as it was before the update. In the past I would immediately notice something out of wack. I would consider what most have already done, a full re-install.

Just kiddin'!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

24 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Same here. This is the most stable sim I have ever flown, and I started around three decades ago. No crashes, no CTDs, great looking Graphics, good FPS, I start a flight, fly, and land, with zero issues. Maybe the OP has some PC issues. 

• Like 8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

In fairness to Mitch, there have been some issues with some updates, but not with the last two. So far this is my favorite version of the sim with the exception of the clouds (pre- SU5) and the tree slider. I wish that they would add that ASAP.

Live weather still needs a little tweaking, AI traffic & ATC needs to improve a little. Other than that I'm a happy customer.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

20 minutes ago, DJJose said:

In fairness to Mitch, there have been some issues with some updates, but not with the last two. So far this is my favorite version of the sim with the exception of the clouds (pre- SU5) and the tree slider. I wish that they would add that ASAP.

Live weather still needs a little tweaking, AI traffic & ATC needs to improve a little. Other than that I'm a happy customer.

DJ,  update 7...no problems with (on ground...)  Main Thread readout's in the yellow and green.  Update 8.  Reboot,  nothing changed in sim settings between the two.   On ground at airport(s),  Main Thread RED,  50-145 ms,   (with all same in Com Folder with U7.  Removed everything in Com Folder,  U8...still on ground at airport tanked FPS,  50-45 ms.  As soon as I take off, at around 500 feet...Main Thread goes yellow/green, with ms at 25-32.   Something is buggered when your plane is on the ground, whereby other's are now saying they have bad stuttering since the update at ground level...when moving, panning, taxi...so something quite evident has been injected into the sim, by U8.  For me...too much of an immersion killer to be slide show at taxi, and landing.  Will check out U9 of course, to see if whatever has now been introduced into MSFS by U8, has been 'corrected'.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Main Thread RED,  50-145 ms, 

And then there are some that happily fly all over the world, without ever looking at the colour of the Main Thread, just at the instruments and the scenery. Now that I have my TDSSim GTN 750 working, my last reason for visiting P3D has disappeared. It is still installed, but gets no use.. 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert

Hmm, I can understand his frustration, but if I had just installed a new copy of MSFS and it had tanked like the OP said (it certainly did back in 2020 when I first bought MSFS, as it did when I first bought P3D) I would not be here now.  But then I've never had a sim running perfectly out of the box so to speak. It takes time, patience constant nursing and maintenance, along with a fair knowledge of your PC and Windows to get things humming along. That was true for me since FS9, then X-plane, FSX and P3D, and it's still true, albeit in slightly different ways for MSFS.

All I can say (although no doubt this may have little effect on the OP's decision) is many people run their sim perfectly smoothly, so chances are it may something to do with your hard or software. MSFS is not as stable maybe as people P3D is - although that was not my experience up until 2020 at least - it was a dog when v 5 first came out.

If you are having these problems with MSFS now, chances are you will have a similar experience in future updates if you don't try to find out why this happens, which is a pity. I would maybe keep persevering to find out why this happens, read the forums, and even if you have a reasonable 7 year old PC like I had until recently, you will definitely get it going nicely with time. Or maybe you'll find a fault where something needs replacing or reinstalling as I did. Sometimes PC problems can be terribly obscure with no clue as to why things like this happen.

Things can't be that bad if P3D is running so well on you machine. Good luck whatever you decide.

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

And then there are some that happily fly all over the world, without ever looking at the Main Thread, just at the instruments and the scenery. Now that I have my TDSSim GTN 750 working, my last reason for visiting P3D has disappeared. It is still installed, but gets no use.. 🙂

I could never go back to P3D, that would be like gong back 15 years in time. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png