Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Baker

Long Frames/Stutters

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It tells us that the problem isn’t associated with FSDT products. I understand you control the frame rate using Nvidia CP. If your monitor runs at 60Hz remove the Nvidia setting and see if it improves. VSync still on of course and Unlimited set in P3D.

Once airborne does the frame rate stay at 60 and are there any stutters?

It's harder to notice, but there are stutters at 60 fps with nVidia removed.  It's very subtle, and at cruise it's very hard to tell.

The easiest way to see the stutter is if you're on the ground at an airport with runway/taxi edge lights.  Pan left or right as you taxi you can see them "jump" in a stutter every 1-2 seconds.  It's harder to see that same thing at cruise, I find.  The problem gets worse with the more complicated an airport is, particularly the older the scenery is.  FSDT airports are older and seem to suffer the worst from this (I'm not really complaining, I've gotten my money's worth out of them)

is everything P3D related excluded from antivirus scanners?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, Daniel Baker said:

The easiest way to see the stutter is if you're on the ground at an airport with runway/taxi edge lights.  Pan left or right as you taxi you can see them "jump" in a stutter every 1-2 seconds.

I tried it just now, using the one of the "oldest" and detailed FSDT airport, that is PHNL, but I can't see anything like that:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

It's harder to notice, but there are stutters at 60 fps with nVidia removed.  It's very subtle, and at cruise it's very hard to tell.

If it’s hard to notice then presumably you can only see it if you’re looking for it. Don’t look for it. Easy to say when you’re aware of it but you’re always going to get some small interruptions in the fluidity.

Maybe you can create a video as virtuali has done. Alternatively post screenshots of your main scenery settings so we can see if anything looks odd.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, turbomax said:

is everything P3D related excluded from antivirus scanners?

Yes, I believe so.  All folders inside and outside the installation.

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If it’s hard to notice then presumably you can only see it if you’re looking for it. Don’t look for it. Easy to say when you’re aware of it but you’re always going to get some small interruptions in the fluidity.

Maybe you can create a video as virtuali has done. Alternatively post screenshots of your main scenery settings so we can see if anything looks odd.

Yes, I think a video is a great idea if I can figure out how...

4 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Yes, I think a video is a great idea if I can figure out how..

How To Record Gaming Highlight Clips With Nvidia Experience (Shadowplay)

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

On 3/9/2022 at 12:18 PM, Daniel Baker said:

Let's see:

ActiveSky P3D 8080 Build

ASCA 7884 Build

FSUIPC6 (no logging)

Linda 3.3.4

AIG (FSUIPC upper limit 60, lower 25.  FPS Target of 30) Long frame/stutter persists with traffic @ 0% or 100%

GSX

PMDG (737, 747, 777)

FsLabs (all models)

AS330

QW787

Envshade

Any concerns with any of these?

"Any concerns with any of these?"

who knows, I would temporarily remove them all (also any other programs that may be running in the background like mail, backup tools etc. via task manager) and then add them back one by one, my standard procedure to isolate complex issues. I would temporarily also reduce video resolution and graphics settings to a minimum.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

very nice.

@turbomax, good points. Troubleshooting a problem rarely requires great knowledge. Usually it’s just simple steps to identify it and then work out how to eliminate it.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hopefully this shows it.  This isn't the worst it gets, but this is the stutter that happens every 1 second or so.  Subtle, but irritating.

It's easiest to see if you watch the runway edge lights.

Edited by Daniel Baker

6 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Hopefully this shows it.  This isn't the worst it gets, but this is the stutter that happens every 1 second or so.  Subtle, but irritating.

It's easiest to see if you watch the runway edge lights.

Yes. I have reproduced this this week with almost every slider complete to the left, default airport and default plane, clear skies, autogen and trees completely off, and this microstutter still remains. 

It has nothing to do with EA on or off as well nothing to do with Vol Clouds or so.

I have tested them all!

I bet it has to do with the issue, that bgl file reading causes this..

At some place these are far more obvious. Good place to test is at default EFHK. 

Rob A made a comparison video about this to show. And we Are also in contact we LM about this. 

But please open a dedicated post at their forum and post this with the video linked!

Regards

Marcus (Beta Tester P3D)

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Embedded video removed
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

19 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Yes. I have reproduced this this week with almost every slider complete to the left, default airport and default plane, clear skies, autogen and trees completely off, and this microstutter still remains. 

It has nothing to do with EA on or off as well nothing to do with Vol Clouds or so.

I have tested them all!

I bet it has to do with the issue, that bgl file reading causes this..

At some place these are far more obvious. Good place to test is at default EFHK. 

Rob A made a comparison video about this to show. And we Are also in contact we LM about this. 

But please open a dedicated post at their forum and post this with the video linked!

Regards

Marcus (Beta Tester P3D)

Thank you Marcus, I will do that.

And thanks to all who have been so generous with their time and willingness to help; @Ray Proudfoot at the top of this list.

Daniel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Baker said:

Thank you Marcus, I will do that.

And thanks to all who have been so generous with their time and willingness to help; @Ray Proudfoot at the top of this list.

Daniel

Daniel, do you run RealTurb dll's BTW?

Edited by SergioN
  • Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg

20 minutes ago, SergioN said:

Daniel, do you run RealTurb dll's BTW?

Yes I do, as a matter of fact.  Why - are they known to cause issues?

28 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Yes I do, as a matter of fact.  Why - are they known to cause issues?

it did to me. With realturb I get the stutters you have, without it I don't. Try cutting realturb folders from documents, p3dv5 Addons folder and copying them in a folder of preference. Then try same scenario. I couldn't believe it when I found out it was this program that ruined smoothness.

• Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg