Sign in to follow this  
Romeo_Tango

Exiting Vr, 2D mode unplayable.

This has been happening to me since the Vr inception.

I get very good performance in Vr mode. (even better now with the new OpenXR Toolkit); however if I have to exit Vr mode, the 2D mode is unusable as the sim drops to about 2FPS... I then have to close out WMR. With WMR closed my 2d performance is back to normal.

I am using a G2 headset with a RTX2080 Super. (I forget the processor specks atm. But the system runs MSFS with most setting on ultra, comfortably.....while using the SWS Kodiak).

The system has 64 Gig.RAM.

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks. 

Robin

2 hours ago, Zcott said:

Same issue. 

Seems you and I are the only ones with this issue......Not encouraging.

Robin

Same here, closing WMR is the only way to get the FPS back sometimes.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Yes, it's because the WMR "cliff-house"environment launches after you exit VR, sucking up your FPs.  I always shutdown WMR after exiting VR.

21 minutes ago, MasterBrewer said:

Yes, it's because the WMR "cliff-house"environment launches after you exit VR, sucking up your FPs.  I always shutdown WMR after exiting VR.

I'm not even using Cliffhouse just the generic round area.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Yeah, that's still taking CPU and GPU to display in the headset unnecessarily (just like any other apps you may have running while playing MSFS).  I close everything I can 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

I'm not even using Cliffhouse just the generic round area.

How does one NOT use the cliffhouse and use the 'generic round area', instead?

Robin

6 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

How does one NOT use the cliffhouse and use the 'generic round area', instead?

It's in the Options somewhere can't recall exactly I changed it ages ago, think it's proper name is Infinite Expanse.

Same thing here...but it's sporadic for me.  Sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't.  I will say it seems to be happening less after SU8.

42 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

Same thing here...but it's sporadic for me.  Sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't.

Same here. I have no idea what causes it. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Guys,

I had the exact same thing happening on my end - on a new rig 11700 CPU & nV3080 - with Oculus Rift.  Exiting VR would bring the machine to its knees.  

Make sure FS is set to DX11 (not 12).  Turn off Windows HAGS (important).  Run FS in fullscreen (not windowed).  See if it helps.   

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

This happens to me too. It's no big deal as I just shut down WMR to get my FPS back then restart WMR if I want to go back into VR. Generally though, I just stay in VR the whole session to avoid such shenanigans.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I have a cure that works for me, I run the 2D window as small as possible when I set  up a flight, and I minimise the WMR and Toolkit windows, and I make sure nothing else is running such as a browser etc.

When I exit from VR, the fps in the little 2D window is quite good, and it stays good when I ALT+ENT into full screen, though just to be sure I don't run the WMR or Toolkit when in 2D, as there's no point.  

Let me know if this works for you.