Sign in to follow this  
LRBS

Request help with REACTIVITY on CONTROL OPTIONS.

Good day,

Regarding the latest update after I set and save REACTIVITY to 80% and restart MSFS for some reason it will not hold that setting, it defaults to 100%.
Is it something wrong on my end or it's something with this update?
How can I fix it?

Thanks

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Happens to me too... I have to reset reactivity and extremity dead zone on every airplane I fly, every single time. These two settings no longer stick, and they're the most important ones to me. 

Andrew Crowley

8 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Happens to me too... I have to reset reactivity and extremity dead zone on every airplane I fly, every single time. These two settings no longer stick, and they're the most important ones to me. 

I found only another post about this issue. It's amazing about quality control and disregard towards the beta testers especially when it was flagged before releasing SU8.
This is getting ridiculous, every update or attempt to fix something they manage to break other things. Very frustrating.
  • Like 2

I agree on this item, I mean why in the world do they think that controller settings need to be so cryptic and then pushed (stored) on their servers.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I hope MS/A starts focusing on truly addressing all of these many 'littler things' that seem to be on ignore in large part. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

All these annoyances that keep on surfacing update after update eventually will have a negative impact on this product. I understand that is a large audience that fly these airplanes from the outside view, don't understand airplane aerodynamics, don't have enough knowledge on how to even calibrate properly yokes, rudder, etc, but also there are hardcore PC simmers and even real-world pilots looking for a stable and good platform. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LRBS said:

All these annoyances that keep on surfacing update after update eventually will have a negative impact on this product. I understand that is a large audience that fly these airplanes from the outside view, don't understand airplane aerodynamics, don't have enough knowledge on how to even calibrate properly yokes, rudder, etc, but also there are hardcore PC simmers and even real-world pilots looking for a stable and good platform. 

Must not be affecting everyone.  I have had zero problems with any of my calibrations changing in MSFS. And after 30 years of simming, I consider myself a pretty hard core simmer. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Must not be affecting everyone.  I have had zero problems with any of my calibrations changing in MSFS. And after 30 years of simming, I consider myself a pretty hard core simmer. 

Bob,

The big issue that I see here is that it was flagged by some beta testers before SU8 was released and it was ignored and not fixed by ASOBO. It's good news that you know how to calibrate correct controls, unfortunately there are people who just plug in any control unit without proper calibration and have issues. As you mentioned probably is not affecting everyone, but it is an issue that was reported, and not attended to. It's not that it was necessary to re-write a whole new code, it's more likely to check and fix what went wrong, nothing spectacular. I hope that we can agree to this.

Same issue here. Been using flight SIM since fs98 and everyone since and feel the hurt when they mess up.

As for the extremity dead zone, one of the best tings they have come up with. I use a Mad Catz Pro Flight Cessna Yoke, which has a short moment (4cm forward and 4cm aft) and I use Extremity Dead Zone to control the amount of yoke/stick movement in the sim, making it far better to control.

Rich

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

1 hour ago, RichD said:

Same issue here. Been using flight SIM since fs98 and everyone since and feel the hurt when they mess up.

As for the extremity dead zone, one of the best tings they have come up with. I use a Mad Catz Pro Flight Cessna Yoke, which has a short moment (4cm forward and 4cm aft) and I use Extremity Dead Zone to control the amount of yoke/stick movement in the sim, making it far better to control.

Rich

Same here, too. Been using flight simulator since 1986. The Extremity Dead Zone is especially on the rudder axis very useful for me. Too bad that Asobo sees fit to repair things that doesn't need to be repaired. Let's just hope that they will come up with a fix soon.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

The real question, it seems to me, is why this is not affecting everyone. It does affect me and there must be some logical explanation.

Bruno

It may be that it affects some peripherals more than others.  Both Bobsk8 and I use (I believe) the same main controller (Thrustmaster T.16000M) and I haven't found that I need Reactivity or Extreme Dead Zone adjustments for acceptable control on any of my profiles.  Since these appear to be the settings that are now being lost in the profiles, that may be while you are feeling the pain and we are not.

I absolutely agree that there is no excuse for having such lax quality control or attention to detail that operations that had no issues before are broken when others are corrected.

Randall Rocke

7 minutes ago, RandallR said:

It may be that it affects some peripherals more than others.  Both Bobsk8 and I use (I believe) the same main controller (Thrustmaster T.16000M) and I haven't found that I need Reactivity or Extreme Dead Zone adjustments for acceptable control on any of my profiles.  Since these appear to be the settings that are now being lost in the profiles, that may be while you are feeling the pain and we are not.

I absolutely agree that there is no excuse for having such lax quality control or attention to detail that operations that had no issues before are broken when others are corrected.

I am using a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas. The problem itself is not all that much that I have to use Extremity Dead Zone, but the problem (my problem) rather is, that after adjusting this setting it is not being saved and thus I have to adjust the setting again the next time that I start FS2020.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I'm afraid this is yet more evidence that staff at Asobo clearly do not check their own tweaks! I find this extraordinary. In 22 years of development I never once tweaked a single setting without running the sim and double checking the side effects of that tweak. It is such a BASIC task if you are developer. It is absolutely no excuse to say you didn't have time. Any dev the size of Asobo should have a team of four permanent testers whose sole job is to run the sim and check the interface, controls, graphics and menus for any bugs introduced by a new tweak or development.

Time and time again this sim has been plagued with the complete absence of checking. I actually find it quite a rude thing to impose on your customers. It is arrogant, lazy and hints of entitlement. I also notice that Asobo has to my memory never apologised for the more serious gaffes and bugs they constantly introduce in each update. Any developer aware of the need to foster decent relations with their customers does not do this. If there is a serious bug any decent dev will fix it with a hotfix within 24 hours, 48 at the most.

What is the point of Asobo having Beta testers if it doesn't bother to listen to them? Ditto for the zendesk stuff. There are issues there which have been consistently raised for over a year and have never been addressed. I therefore can only conclude that the feedback channels are pure PR and have almost nothing connected with any sincere effort to engage with users.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

2 minutes ago, robert young said:

I'm afraid this is yet more evidence that staff at Asobo clearly do not check their own tweaks! I find this extraordinary. In 22 years of development I never once tweaked a single setting without running the sim and double checking the side effects of that tweak. It is such a BASIC task if you are developer. It is absolutely no excuse to say you didn't have time. Any dev the size of Asobo should have a team of four permanent testers whose sole job is to run the sim and check the interface, controls, graphics and menus for any bugs introduced by a new tweak or development.

Time and time again this sim has been plagued with the complete absence of checking. I actually find it quite a rude thing to impose on your customers. It is arrogant, lazy and hints of entitlement. I also notice that Asobo has to my memory never apologised for the more serious gaffes and bugs they constantly introduce in each update. Any developer aware of the need to foster decent relations with their customers does not do this. If there is a serious bug any decent dev will fix it with a hotfix within 24 hours, 48 at the most.

What is the point of Asobo having Beta testers if it doesn't bother to listen to them? Ditto for the zendesk stuff. There are issues there which have been consistently raised for over a year and have never been addressed. I therefore can only conclude that the feedback channels are pure PR and have almost nothing connected with any sincere effort to engage with users.

The worst part about this, is they have a beta team now, and the beta team reports a problem that they discover as in the case, and the update is released with the problem never being fixed. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png