Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

36 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Thanks for the mod! I now carefully kept speed between 120 and 140 knots and it captured the GP ok now. After that slowly throttling back to 115 knots.

Good... I am now keeping an eye on the glideslope indicator, because allowing the speed to slow below 110 kts will cause the plane to drift below the glidepath.  I would expect the plane to trim up and lose more speed, but that is not what I see..

Bert

I watched some of the video mentioned above that was deleted and was curious as to the stall characteristics of this aircraft.  So, I did a takeoff from KDEN and attempted both a clean poweroff stall and a fully configured poweroff stall flying straight forward.  I also tried both while turning the aircraft.  In all cases the stall warning came on and as the aircraft continued to slow it just started to descend (VVI went to about -700 fpm or so).  There was no stall drop off.  Is this the way this aircraft stalls?  I tried the Carenado Seneca V and it definitely stalls.  That aircraft has a nose drop and wing dip.  I was not able to recover that aircraft from the stall.  But this was my first attempt.  So back again to the question, how is this aircraft supposed to behave when it stalls?  Another thing, even with full rudder I could not get the slip indicator (the ball) to move outside of the markers.  With the Carenado I could.

I responded to CCM in a thread somewhere here with my results.  I agree that the stalls at lower weight aren't great - like not much of a stall.  But added weight to mtow and during a power on stall (dirty configuration) my left wing dropped and I entered an incipient spin.  Seems pretty deadly to me!

But yes, with lower weights and a more standard approach to landing, the aircraft doesn't really stall...  I am able to slow down to about 5 knots below the white arc before it drops.

Fwiw it the Carenado Seneca stalls far too early at least than gross.

Guys we're not going to have perfect flight characteristics in this sim for a while.  Only a few FSX/P3D aircraft correctly allowed for stalls and spins.  Realair was one of them.  MSFS is a disaster of flight modelling at this stage.  There are many basics that Asobo has forgotten!  In time, more devs will understand how to produce quality flight models.

I am not affiliated with any dev but this is my opinion as a three decade long user of various flight Sims.

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Kodiak is pretty decent...but has a few items that make me twitch hehe.  Also that is not a twin engine. Asymmetric thrust variables and modeling In MSFS leave a lot to be desired.

The 414 hits book numbers pretty well.  Cruise climb is real dang close per the actual pilot who flies this one.  If you're wondering it's 35 / 2500 / 140 kias yields anywhere from 800-1500 fpm depending on weight/weather.  The plane feels heavy and stable except with landing rollout where the asobo crappy ground characteristics take over.

For cruise in this bird (yes there is a mixture bug affecting both GTN models needs a cfg edit) you have to lean mixture anyway due to Asobo bug. But I'm doing about 215-220 ktas at FL210.  Yes FF is broken too.  That's a fairly easy adjustment but don't quote me haha.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have some mods to make the TDS experience better.. try them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gris9cyzm5dt954/tds-gtnxi-FSW-C414 3.1.zip?dl=0

The RNAV approach should capture, if it is an LPV approach and you have APR selected on the autopilot.

Updated with HSI CDI needle lag added, and Whiskey Compass continuity fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhgnz99c6gjn4oa/tds-gtnxi-FSW-C414 3.3.zip?dl=0

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

41 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I responded to CCM in a thread somewhere here with my results.  I agree that the stalls at lower weight aren't great - like not much of a stall.  But added weight to mtow and during a power on stall (dirty configuration) my left wing dropped and I entered an incipient spin.  Seems pretty deadly to me!

But yes, with lower weights and a more standard approach to landing, the aircraft doesn't really stall...  I am able to slow down to about 5 knots below the white arc before it drops.

Fwiw it the Carenado Seneca stalls far too early at least than gross.

Guys we're not going to have perfect flight characteristics in this sim for a while.  Only a few FSX/P3D aircraft correctly allowed for stalls and spins.  Realair was one of them.  MSFS is a disaster of flight modelling at this stage.  There are many basics that Asobo has forgotten!  In time, more devs will understand how to produce quality flight models.

I am not affiliated with any dev but this is my opinion as a three decade long user of various flight Sims.

I did another flight, this time with 5 passengers and 90 percent fuel load.  On a clean straight ahead stall I did get a nose drop and with a dirty configuration stall I got the nose drop with a wing drop as well.  So thanks for the pointers.

Im using the regular GTN750 and im noticing some weird things. Yesterday I loaded an ILS approach and it didnt include 2 important waypoints on the chart. That cut my final approach short. And going into KEYW on the rnav 09, it doesnt load any of the waypoints for the rnav approach, just the transition. 

Stall characteristics are definitely not realistic. Other aircraft in MSFS are using the same SDK and sim environment but they do at least have better stall characteristics. As of now even if I hate to say Cessna 414 needs a lot of tweaking to make it right first, and the more system simulation is definitely a requirement to justify the steep price. A lot of simmers will probably agree that this aircraft has a long way to become high fidelity. Even before that there are a lot of issues needs fixed and I'm not sure if 2-3 week beta period is enough for just that.

As I keep using more I came across more weird behavior, during taxi it always wants to go left and can't keep it straight without steering. this is a calm weather with clear skies no cross wind. Fuel burn is probably 3 times more than the normal, using Honeycomb Bravo trim wheel it's impossible to trim the aircraft for climb constant pitch up, pitch down. Not saying this is true for only this aircraft but it's worse than the others. Also wants to bank left up in the air all the time even with 4kts headwind. Yaw damper seems to have zero effect on the airframe. Rain drops seems like duplicated on the windshield. It definitely does not support Honeycomb Bravo or has issues with it, While this is being a very popular hardware for the sim I wonder if future releases will make it more compatible.

I really hope to see some development roadmap from the developer to see what are the future plans for this aircraft and what is being planned.

7 hours ago, Seven7Tango said:

I've noticed high fuel burn as well. Confirm that the fuel computer doesn't move off of 206 gallons.

I'm also seeing super high numbers with fuel the fuel burn.

I'm currently in the cruise at FL200,OAT -30, MP 31.5, RPM2450.

The AFM and my flight planning software say I should be burning around 215-230lbs per hour Total.

My current fuel flow is around 200lbs per engine, so 400lbs per hour total.

Kind regards,

F_G

Is there a work around for the GNS 530 not following the GPS?  I have a flight plan loaded that contains waypoints along with VORs but the autopilot is not following the flight plan path.  It's set on GPS, just not tracking.

2 hours ago, Nick414 said:

Im using the regular GTN750 and im noticing some weird things. Yesterday I loaded an ILS approach and it didnt include 2 important waypoints on the chart. That cut my final approach short. And going into KEYW on the rnav 09, it doesnt load any of the waypoints for the rnav approach, just the transition. 

This is because the PMS GTN uses the default flight plan manager of the sim (which is bad to put it nicely).  There is a mode the developer of that gtn has been working on called WTT.  It uses working titles g1000 NXi which is a custom setup and works much better than default.  Unfortunately WTT mode would need to be integrated by FSW.  That's probably on the lower end of the priority list if I had to make a guess.  Long story longer, WTT mode would make the IAFs and associated fixes show correctly.

Or use the TDS GTN xi - which uses the trainer and is just like the real one.  Downside is a lot harder to get updated navdata, no metar (yet) and no crossfill (yet).  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hi all!

I have been trying since Thursday to get my 414 to download, I keep getting multiple decompression errors. No response from the creators by email as of now. 

I have all the windows 10 fixes in place to handle the usual file name too long including file registry settings zero to "1" etc.

I also downloaded 2 other pay ware aircraft this weekend and several liveries from flightsim.to....ZERO download issues. MSFS' forum suggested going here. Many others are having the same exact issue including friends I fly with in the EU.

Tried it unzipped, zipped, different SSD locations (my computer has 9 ssd's with MSFS dedicated to it's own drive)...everything I can think of. 

The download program has no loading options besides using Flysimware's software.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, the_simpilot said:

and the more system simulation is definitely a requirement to justify the steep price

I paid 5 bucks less for the Carenado Seneca.  It's got worse textures, worse sounds, the panel is far less equipped, and it doesn't have native TDS and PMS GTN integration.  Frankly it doesn't fly very well either...stalls about 10 kts above end of the white arc in dirty config.  The C414 stalls correctly when loaded at gross weight.  

40 bucks isn't even close to study level price.  We don't have a study level GA nor does this C414 claim to be.  Does it need work?  Yes, absolutely!  

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

1 hour ago, jfwharton said:

Is there a work around for the GNS 530 not following the GPS?  I have a flight plan loaded that contains waypoints along with VORs but the autopilot is not following the flight plan path.  It's set on GPS, just not tracking.

Not that I know of.  If I had more time I could look at the xml because it's probably not too difficult to get it working.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |