Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

5 minutes ago, Peter Clark said:

So had I but I hadn’t hit “alt” on the selector as that’s not the procedure in the real thing. I guess that means in this implementation with ALT selected it runs in VS with the  thumbwheel selecting VS until it hits the preselect and the green cap light goes on and then it transitions to actual ALT mode?

That's what I observe.  Totally get how it can be frustrating when you compare the sim operation to your real plane.  Unfortunately there aren't many sims and addons I've used that give me a 1:1 experience.  However if you were to suggest the change it may be able to be implemented.  They have a Discord channel here and the dev you'd need to get a hold of is Momo  https://discord.gg/XFa5wqxZ

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I did one more brief flight and need to further expand on the slow speed handling. Not only is the stall speed 15+ knots low at all weights, but I was able to defy physics in multiple ways. 

I had the right engine shut down, held in full right rudder, had max power on the left engine, and was able to maintain level flight purely by counteracting with ailerons down not only below Vmc but below the stall speed as well. At the same time, the plane was flying in about a 20-30 degree crab without further loss of speed. 

Is the C414 supposed to have working VNAV? The VNV button doesnt work, but the TDS GTN750Xi has a VNAV setup page.

I also did an RNAV approach, it did not capture GP.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

6 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Is the C414 supposed to have working VNAV?

Unfortunately, no.

Al

Edited by ark

This is really good plane, but there are some issues i've noticed for now. 
1. GNS530 Autopilot don't follow the track in GPS mode (even when the HSI needle is centered) ( Must have)
2. GTN750 Autopilot don't intercept radial course in VOR mode instead. In addition, when we want to turn on heading mode we need turn of nav mode first and then can click on HDG button.
3. When I scrolling zoom and out view in cockpit it reacts 2-3 times slower than in other aicrafts. ( I mean I have to scroll 2-3 times more turns to reach the same efect)
4. Some click spots are very small and moved aside in addition. That's really annoying, specially during the flight when everything is shaking.
5. Switches seems to move in oposite directions. Usually when we scrolling forward switch move up ( verticaly mounted) or move forward ( horizontaly mounted). Here is exlacly opposite. 
6. That's great at we can open window during the flight but at big alltitude it should affect on pressurisation or even maybe should be immposible as long as pressure inside the plane is higher than outside ( second part are only my thoughts).
7. It's a pity that battery is immortal.
I hope my feedback is constructive.

1 minute ago, ark said:

Unfortunately, no.

Al

Ah, bummer. It should capture a GP in approach mode for an RNAV approach though?

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

1 minute ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Ah, bummer. It should capture a GP in approach mode for an RNAV approach though?

It should but that is being tidied up and there is also a GTN update in the works

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Go to their discord and offer to help.  The dev doesn't have VR at all so there's no way to verify things are working.  Momo is the lead dev - you'll want him on there to DM him.

https://discord.gg/XFa5wqxZ

It's in pancake mode all the same bugs. Window locked and with EFP and I can open it.spacer.png

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / X570 AORUS MASTER / 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / HP Reverb G2 / Windows 11 / MSFS2020 Steam

12 hours ago, geoffda said:

Fuel flows seem way off...

At 17,000 feet and -20 C with 31.5" MP and 24500 RPM, I'm getting fuel flows of 194 lbs/hr for each engine; i.e. nearly 400 lbs/hour burn. Looking at the performance tables, fuel flow should be about half that; i.e. ~200 lbs/hr. I forgot to check what I had left when I landed to see if the fuel gauges agreed with the fuel computer burn. Also, I filled tanks prior to starting and set the fuel computer to tanks topped. That showed 206 gallons of fuel remaining, but the number never decreased during the flight.

I've noticed high fuel burn as well. Confirm that the fuel computer doesn't move off of 206 gallons.

6 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

It should capture a GP in approach mode for an RNAV approach though?

I know the GTNs should. Why itseems to be working for some and not others is being investigated. 

Al

Edited by ark

Just now, ark said:

The TDS GTNXi certainly should. Why it works for some and not others is being investigated. 

Al

Will try at Martha Vineyard.

52 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Is the C414 supposed to have working VNAV? The VNV button doesnt work, but the TDS GTN750Xi has a VNAV setup page.

I also did an RNAV approach, it did not capture GP.

I have some mods to make the TDS experience better.. try them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gris9cyzm5dt954/tds-gtnxi-FSW-C414 3.1.zip?dl=0

The RNAV approach should capture, if it is an LPV approach and you have APR selected on the autopilot.

• Like 4

Bert

I'm using the standard GTN and am wondering why it changes pages on it's own.  I had it on the HOME page and right after takeoff it switched over to the services page?.