Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

1 hour ago, AlexAnders said:

hey! bought it yesterday and really enjoy the aircraft, but I have a strange issue, maybe bug, what make it not really flyable for me.

after takeoff I set the AP and the plane start losing rpm's. slowly but surly, after ca 20-30min in flight it falls to around 1000rpm and of course the speed is falling also to 80knt. no matter what I do now or before, deactivate AP and give full throttle, play with mixtures or prop levers do not help to rise the rpm back. all power levers are tuned up to max. also when I land and turn of everything and try to restart the engines, im not able to bring back the rps to higher level like after first start. same when I use auto piloting mode from the fs. I use the Logitech x56 and never had same problem with other aircraft. also tried to change the bindings but no change.

can somebody help please, otherwise the beautiful plane makes no sense for me

thanks!

Make sure that Auto Mixture is set to ON in the Controls menu prior to selecting the C414 in the World Map. There is an issue with engine logic for turbocharged aircraft in MSFS; the only way around that right now is to set Auto Mixture to ON.

Hope that helps!

2 hours ago, AlexAnders said:

hey! bought it yesterday and really enjoy the aircraft, but I have a strange issue, maybe bug, what make it not really flyable for me.

after takeoff I set the AP and the plane start losing rpm's. slowly but surly, after ca 20-30min in flight it falls to around 1000rpm and of course the speed is falling also to 80knt. no matter what I do now or before, deactivate AP and give full throttle, play with mixtures or prop levers do not help to rise the rpm back. all power levers are tuned up to max. also when I land and turn of everything and try to restart the engines, im not able to bring back the rps to higher level like after first start. same when I use auto piloting mode from the fs. I use the Logitech x56 and never had same problem with other aircraft. also tried to change the bindings but no change.

can somebody help please, otherwise the beautiful plane makes no sense for me

thanks!

I had exact this too yesterday. Worked only after loading another started plane via Dev mode, and then switch planes to the 414 again.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

17 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

I think it is for the Ambassador, but the anti-collision lights are supposed to be wing-tip strobes, and I can’t currently see these working from the outside in the sim. 

The brightness of the exterior lighting seems to be due to the MSFS. With all airplanes it is too weak, especially during the day. You can see them well at night .  The strobes are daylight flashers and should therefore be visible from afar!

In XP 11 it's almost too strong. But for example the beacon of the Cessna 172 is wonderful. 

I hope this gets improved in MSFS !

I still can't find what's causing the aircraft to steer left during taxi and take off roll. Other aircraft I have does not do this. Also when up in the air it wants to bank left all the time. My controllers have dead zones set to eliminate controller interference and I don't happen to have this in other aircraft. Anyone experienced the same? I have honeycomb Bravo, TM T-Rudder and TCA Airbus Side Stick. All mappings are through Spad Next and tried with or without Spad results are same. 

Anyway to add gloss to the paint? Plane is almost Matte

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

10 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

I still can't find what's causing the aircraft to steer left during taxi and take off roll. Other aircraft I have does not do this. Also when up in the air it wants to bank left all the time. My controllers have dead zones set to eliminate controller interference and I don't happen to have this in other aircraft. Anyone experienced the same? I have honeycomb Bravo, TM T-Rudder and TCA Airbus Side Stick. All mappings are through Spad Next and tried with or without Spad results are same. 

I too have noticed the tendency to bank left once in the air. I can't seem to pinpoint though because it's not uniform as in I don't notice it every time so I'm not sure what's causing it.  My control sensitivities are -20 on pitch, roll and rudder in MSFS.

Edited by Divij

12 hours ago, Flysimware said:

For those who posted about having an error when installing we are sorry for that. We find this happens to only a couple of users and we are not sure on why. The installer needs to talk to our server so we suspect this is being blocked. Or there is a temp file getting blocked that gets added to the windows temp folder. The error will post the name of this file.

Go here for another option.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/616945-flysimware-installer-error-help/

Hi there, when I want a plane I have the idea that you must buy it if you can but for me as an Cessna 440a owner its just not right that we legit owners have the 0.1.0 version of the plane and some cracked sites out there have the 1.1.0 version of the plane and plus the cracked version already comes with a directory with all the documentation of the plane you don´t need to download on a separate way on the site.

Best regards,

Christoph3

17 minutes ago, Christoph3 said:

Hi there, when I want a plane I have the idea that you must buy it if you can but for me as an Cessna 440a owner its just not right that we legit owners have the 0.1.0 version of the plane and some cracked sites out there have the 1.1.0 version of the plane and plus the cracked version already comes with a directory with all the documentation of the plane you don´t need to download on a separate way on the site.

Best regards,

Christoph3

The latest version of the C414 has always been available from the Flysimware store. I show I downloaded ver Beta 1.1.0 on 25 March.

Al

Edited by ark

28 minutes ago, Divij said:

too have noticed the tendency to bank left once in the air.

If you haven't, check that you have about the same quantity of fuel in each fuel tank. On my system at least, I'm finding the tanks are not always loaded the same.

Al

19 minutes ago, ark said:

The latest version of the C414 has always been available from the Flysimware store. I show I downloaded ver Beta 1.1.0 on 25 March.

Al

Hi there, not having doubts on you but this plane was bought by me on the 27 and the version i downloaded from the site and also the documentation is this one.

unknown.png

and like i was telling this version below is the version cracked that is rolling on the internet:

unknown.png

sorry the last post i didnt put the image right.

11 minutes ago, Christoph3 said:

Hi there, not having doubts on you but this plane was bought by me on the 27 and the version i downloaded from the site and also the documentation is this one.

I think that is a typo in the json file. I just checked and I have the same entry as you. FSW puts the ver # in the name of the installer file. My installer file is named

FLYSIMWARE_Cessna_414AW_Chancellor_Beta1.1.exe

And when I look in the Win10 Control Panel under Programs and Features, I see I have ver Beta 1.1.0 of the C414 installed.

My guess is someone updated the ver # in the illegal copy of the plane.

Al

Edited by ark

4 minutes ago, Christoph3 said:

Mine says 1.1.0 but after install it shows the manifest that I showed before (0.0.1 version)

Yes, same for me, that's an error in the manifest. What ver do you show installed when you look in Program and Features in the Win10 Control Panel?

Al

Edited by ark

OK, I think you can feel confident that you have the latest ver of the plane.

When it comes down to it, currently the FSW store is the only original source for this plane, so that's where the illegal copy was initially downloaded from.

I expect a new version of the C414 to be out later this week or early next week. I'll mention to Mark at FSW to check the manifest ver entry before release.

No, I'm not the author of "Better Cameras".

Al

• Like 2