Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

3 hours ago, MarkW said:

Sorry for asking a simple question.  When you tune a VOR using the GTN750xi and are in GPS mode, where can you see the distance to the VOR.  Even changing to VOR mode in the GPS I could not figure this out.

Note that you can also put a freq into the second GNT750Xi which will be NAV2. This will drive the DME if the DME switch is in the NAV2 position, and also the VOR head which is to the left of the RMI. The GPS units can be either in VLOC or GPS mode.

Al

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sender46 said:

The way I see it, there is some logic to them working the way you are seeing.  Surely you would only want to extend them if you are also switching them on?

Well let's say ATC or a fellow pilot wanted you to flash your landing lights to help identify your aircraft for whatever reason, if your landing lights are in the OFF position and already extended, then this is easily possible. If the landing lights are all the way retracted, it would take time for them to extend first and there would be a certain delay in the ability to flash those landing lights.

noticed last evening during a 2ish hour flight that while i had the tablet minimized during cruise that it stopped working at some point, workked seamlessly during preflight and climbout, but when i pulled it back up midlfight to check winds, the display was blank. tried clicking the home button at the bottom, reminimizing and bringing it back up. nothing fixed it, and it stayed dark for the remainder of the flight. not 100% sure if i did something wrong, so questions to determine that are certainly welcome.

1 hour ago, indyscubadiver said:

noticed last evening during a 2ish hour flight that while i had the tablet minimized during cruise that it stopped working at some point, workked seamlessly during preflight and climbout, but when i pulled it back up midlfight to check winds, the display was blank. tried clicking the home button at the bottom, reminimizing and bringing it back up. nothing fixed it, and it stayed dark for the remainder of the flight. not 100% sure if i did something wrong, so questions to determine that are certainly welcome.

Most likely that you may have forgotten to turn it off before you stowed it and the battery went flat.

When can we expect a new sound design that is adequate to the very high standard of the aircraft?
Otherwise, a big compliment for this excellent machine!

Since I bought this plane last night, it would be a bit hard to read 69 pages to follow the bug fixes and progress. I tried today a flight NZNR-NZAA with the 1.7.0 version. Using TDS GTNXi and everything seems to be very nice and smooth. Loving this plane since last night however, the AP is quite quirky. I know it doesn't use the MSFS default AP and unfortunately we can't use the mapped keys to control it but regardless, The AP behavior is weird. Even pre selecting a VS prior to takeoff, after engaging the nose goes down. Even turning it off and then on wouldn't normalize the attitude. It worked after I pressed IAS. Not sure if it is conflicting with the Default AP mapped keys since I pressed some of them (for my habit's sake). But this was all manageble. The show stopper for me was the AP absolutely overshooting the LOC/GS. Again, using the TDS GTN, everything went fine, the GPS to VLOC Auto switch worked perfectly, the frequency was correct but after pressing APR, it showed "LOC" and the GS was still to be captured. After many attempts, recycling all modes, including the GPS/VLOC mode on the GTN, nothing made it work so I had to do un ugly land after zig zagging the final app. Not sure if I'm missing something here...

What bugs I've experienced so far:

- VS MODE - On the ground, after activating FD and selecting VS, and turning the VS wheel, vertical speed after +600Ft would go to -900FT. 

- Heading Bug - it would randomly go from 10 to 10 degrees when turning the bug and then working normally again 1 to 1. 

- Altitude Capture - Sometimes it went crazy. it went over the armed altiutude and would go down again making almost impossible to capture. I fixed the problem by switching from IAS to VS in order to stop the oscilation. 

- Flaps/Landing Gear Warning sound won't stop even if you turn BAT OFF

I really apologize for not reading all the pages here since I bought this product last night (And yes, I am aware it's still in BETA) but is this a known issue (AP not following ILS with TDS GTN) still to be fixed ? I'll try the same with the PMS GTN (I have the payed version as well but after getting the TDS, it's nearly impossible for me to use the PMS lol). 

I would really love to see the ability to control the AP using the mapped keys but I don't know how possible this could be with a "in house" modelled AP. As for the rest, it's a terrific software !! Tons of fun, beautiful cockpit and feeling, nice sounds (sometimes a bit too loud hehe). Just loving it. It worth every penny. I hope to see these issues addressed !! 

Thanks !

Edited by DPIL

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

1 hour ago, DPIL said:

What bugs I've experienced so far:

Regarding the problems you experienced:

-- VS Mode:  I am not able to replicate this problem.

-- ALT Capture: If the plane is climbing/descending and in trim when you switch to IAS mode , altitude capture should work reasonably well. Updated code for IAS is being investigated.

-- Flaps/Landing Gear Warning sound: I am not able to replicate this problem.

Based on the above my impression is something might be wrong with your install of the C414, or you have some kind of Community folder conflict, etc. Hopefully others will comment on what they are seeing regarding the above issues.

-- Heading bug: Although I don't see this right now, moving in 10 deg increments has been an issue from time to time. Currently it is not clear what the causes is.

-- ILS: There is a known bug such that if you are in GPS mode prior to switching to VLOC for the ILS, you will have the issue you described. Currently this may only happen with the TDS GTN750 due to some type of sim conflict. So at this time my understanding is it is best to just load the LOC freq into the GTN750, but not actually load the ILS approach in the GTN750. In other words, for the ILS use the GTN 750 just as a Nav radio.  More to come on this I'm sure.

Regarding key bindings, my understanding is this is something Flysimware hopes to address once the C414 is out of Beta. In the meantime, you can set up key/button bindings using 3rd party software like FSUIPC7, SpadNext, etc.

Al

Edited by ark

2 minutes ago, ark said:

Regarding the problems you experienced:

-- VS Mode:  I am not able to replicate this problem.

-- ALT Capture: If the plane is climbing/descending and in trim when you switch to IAS mode , altitude capture should work reasonably well. Updated code for IAS is being investigated.

-- Flaps/Landing Gear Warning sound: I am not able to replicate this problem.

Based on the above my impression is something might be wrong with your install of the C414, or you have some kind of Community folder conflict, etc. Hopefully others will comment on what they are seeing regarding the above issues.

-- Heading bug: Although I don't see this right now, moving in 10 deg increments has been an issue from time to time. Currently it is not clear what the causes is.

-- ILS: There is a known bug such that if you are in GPS mode prior to switching to VLOC for the ILS, you will have the issue you described. Currently this may only happen with the TDS GTN750. So at this time my understanding is it is best to just load the LOC freq into the GTN750, but not actually load the ILS approach in the GTN750. In other words, for the ILS use the GTN 750 just as a Nav radio.  More to come on this. I'm sure.

Regarding key bindings, my understanding is this is something Flysimware hopes to address once the C414 is out of Beta. In the meantime, you can set up key/button bindings using 3rd party software like FSUIPC7, SpadNext, etc.

Al

Ah, good to know then ! I'll keep testing and flying it. As for the ILS bug, I had something quite similar with the Carenado Seneca but a simple GPS/VLOC cycle made the AP track the ILS signal. Somehow, it makes sense that this bug is more towards the TDS GTN. I'll try an ILS with the PMS GTN and see what happens. 

For the VS/ Alt Cap / Heading bug, I'll keep checking ! 

Thank you very much for quick answering !!

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

4 minutes ago, DPIL said:

I'll try an ILS with the PMS GTN and see what happens. 

When using the PMS GTN, make sure the TDS GTN is not running in the background because apparently this can lead to a conflict between the two GPS units.  The TDS GTN starts up automatically when the sim loads, so it takes overt action to turn if off when using the PMS GPS.

Al

1 hour ago, ark said:

When using the PMS GTN, make sure the TDS GTN is not running in the background because apparently this can lead to a conflict between the two GPS units.  The TDS GTN starts up automatically when the sim loads, so it takes overt action to turn if off when using the PMS GPS.

Al

Yep, I did it. 

As you said, with the TDS, if we load the approach, ILS won't work no matter what. even removing it from the flightplan won't fix it. Tested the PMS (I own the lifetime license version). It worked but had to recycle the GPS/VLOC otherwise, the plane would overshoot the LOC/GS. Quite frustrating. I hope this gets fixed soon on both PMS and TDS.

As for the AP, there must be something VERY wrong I'm doing. I'm experiencing pretty bad functionality. VS many times is not responsive. After takeoff, engaging AP with preselected VS won't keep the climb rate.

Edited by DPIL

17 minutes ago, DPIL said:

As for the AP, there must be something VERY wrong

I agree. I just checked again after upgrading to SU9 and I still don't have the VS setting issue you describe.  And at least so far, I do not see any similar reports from other users.

Assuming you have tried emptying the Community folder of any addons not required for the C414, if I had your issues I would uninstall the C414 via the Win10 (or Win11) control panel, then make sure there are no files left over in the C414 install directory, then redownload the C414 from the FSW store in case my previous download was corrupt, and then reinstall the plane.

Al

Edited by ark

3 minutes ago, ark said:

I agree. I just checked again after upgrading to SU9 and I still don't have the VS setting issue you describe.  And at least so far, I do not see any similar reports from other users.

Assuming you have tried emptying the Community folder of any addons not required for the C414, if I had your issues I would uninstall the C414 via the Win10 (or Win11) control panel, then redownload the C414 from the FSW store in case my previous download was corrupt, and then reinstall the plane.

Al

I was editing my last post as you wrote. Please disregard the VS change on ground. I forgot to arm the Altitude select. That's why I couldn't change it. As for the VS not keeping its consistency during initial climb, I'm still having this issue. As for the ILS, it's simply not working on TDS when loading the Approach as you suggested earlier and with PMS, I have to recycle GPS/VLOC to make it work.... 

I'll keep trying !

Edited by DPIL

After the latest MSFS update I have lost all my images of my steam gauges.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

3 minutes ago, DPIL said:

I forgot to arm the Altitude select.

9 minutes ago, DPIL said:

I was editing my last post as you wrote. Please disregard the VS change on ground. I forgot to arm the Altitude select. That's why I couldn't change it. As for the VS not keeping its consistency during initial climb, I'm still having this issue. As for the ILS, it's simply not working on TDS when loading the Approach as you suggested earlier and with PMS, I have to recycle GPS/VLOC to make it work....

I can adjust the VS on the ground whether the altitude alerter is armed or not. If were me I would uninstall and reinstall as I mentioned above. I just don't have any other ideas at this point.

Have you tried clearing out the Community folder except for addons needed for the C414?

I assume you are still using the SU8 version of the sim -- correct?

Al

8 minutes ago, baldk9 said:

After the latest MSFS update I have lost all my images of my steam gauges.

Strange. I just updated to SU9 myself and all looks normal in the VC. I have the MS Store ver of the Sim.

Al