Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

Everything else aside, this is by far the nicest GA plane to hand fly in MSFS by far. Keep up the good work. I will enjoy hand flying this for a while until the next hotfix

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

I can't get onto the Store page to download the update.  I'm seeing this:

This page isn’t working right now

www.flysimware.com can't currently handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Edited by Sender46

1 minute ago, Sender46 said:

I can't get onto the Store page to download the update.  I'm seeing this:

This page isn’t working right now

www.flysimware.com can't currently handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Saw that a couple of times, just means their server is not coping with the number of connections.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

V1.6 GNS model, when climbing to the altitude set in the ALT ALERT the aircraft captured the altitude and the CPLD light illuminated but the ARMED light did not extinguish.  I did notice that when the weather changes and I adjust the altimeter the CPLD light extinguishes, and the aircraft captures the set altitude again and the CPLD light illuminates again.

Edited by jfwharton

Thank you for fixing the view issues I pointed out with the walkaround.  I probably shouldn't say anything about it as it has been reported before regarding the text on the fuel selector for the right engine which is still showing LEFT ENG OFF.

C414 GTNxi in a heap for salvage. CFIT 1/2 mi from KDSM rwy31. Unable to maintain LPV approach to runway.

Could someone confirm autopilot operation in the GNS model capturing an ILS glideslope.  When I tried my first ILS with version 1.6beta it did not capture the glideslope and I had to manually turn off ALT on the autopilot and I unarmed the altitude capture.  After that it then flew the glidepath but still needed some throttle adjustments during the approach.

1 hour ago, jfwharton said:

Thank you for fixing the view issues I pointed out with the walkaround.  I probably shouldn't say anything about it as it has been reported before regarding the text on the fuel selector for the right engine which is still showing LEFT ENG OFF.

My uinderstanding is the LEFT ENG OFF bug was reported to the Texture Co a while ago. However that company happens to be in the Ukraine so texture updates may take some time.

Al

Edited by ark

11 hours ago, antonvs said:

Even dragging the VS scroll wheel, I can only adjust the VS speed down, not up.

Looks like two lines of code were accidentally deleted when updating nearby code. I'm sure FSW will get this fixed quickly.

Al

• Like 1

10 hours ago, antonvs said:

I think I see the main problem with the a/p is that the LVL button stays on regardless of what else you press. Even tried switching off the master battery switch and back on, LVL stays on.

PIT mode seems to return to straight and level, plane will no longer hold a given pitch after A/P is engaged

ALT no longer captures the current altitude, even after multiple presses of the ALT button.

So far I can't duplicate the above  problems  - I 'm using the TDS GTNXi ver of the plane. Maybe you have a conflict with something in the Community folder?

As for the VS scroll wheel problem , it looks like two lines of code were accidentally deleted when updating some nearby code. This bug will be fixed quickly I assume.

Al

5 hours ago, jfwharton said:

V1.6 GNS model, when climbing to the altitude set in the ALT ALERT the aircraft captured the altitude and the CPLD light illuminated but the ARMED light did not extinguish.  I

With GNS v1.6 and the rudder patch:

Agree -- arm light did not go off at altitude capture.

5 hours ago, jfwharton said:

Could someone confirm autopilot operation in the GNS model capturing an ILS glideslope.

Tried an ILS ( KCOS R35L) and the the plane held the GS fine at 110 Kts ( below blue line  😮 ) the first time. I did not try another approach.

Al

Edited by ark

40 minutes ago, ark said:

With GNS v1.6 and the rudder patch:

Agree -- arm light did not go off at altitude capture.

Tried an ILS ( KCOS R35L) and the the plane held the GS fine at 110 Kts ( below blue line  😮 ) the first time. I did not try another approach.

Al

Question, when flying the GNS model on an ILS, should the autopilot kick off the ALT selector when it intercepts the glidepath?  On the approach I shot the ALT llight stayed illuminated and the aircraft did not descent until I manually turned it off.

On 4/6/2022 at 11:31 PM, happydappyman said:

HSI (heading bug) 10 degree bug, PMS50 GTN750

Hey everyone, I have an update. I got the 10 degree bug again today and discovered something repeatable.

I decided to start messing with things to see if I could find the culprit. Finally I realized if I turned the Autopilot AND Flight Director off, I was back to 1 degree increments. I could then turn them both back on again and still have 1 degree increments. Then I re-enabled NAV mode (or HDG mode, either works) and still didn't reintroduce the bug. As soon as I turned ALT mode on, the bug was back immediately. 

Then I realized I can change altitude with the autopilot and not get the bug. It's only when I hit the capture arm button that the bug comes back! and sure enough I could toggle the 10 degree bug on and off with the little "alt alert arm" button while in VS mode. 

Not sure why sometimes I get the bug and other times I don't, but it does seem to be something to do with the Altitude capture (and hold) function. Hope this helps, and if anyone else gets the bug again, tell us if the same thing works for you.

After not seeing it for a while before Beta 1.6.0 I just had the 10 degree increment bug back again and I can confirm that switching off the autopilot and the flight director fixed it, same as happydappyman said. (Beta 1.6.0 with the PMS50 GTN750).

Didn't get chance to check the rest of what he said cos I made the mistake of pausing the sim (should have known better) and MSFS did it's usual "throw a wobbly out of control thing" when I unpaused (will they ever fix that?) and I exited the flight.

Edited by Sender46

40 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Question, when flying the GNS model on an ILS, should the autopilot kick off the ALT selector when it intercepts the glidepath?  On the approach I shot the ALT llight stayed illuminated and the aircraft did not descent until I manually turned it off.

Yes.

Al

18 minutes ago, ark said:

Yes.

Al

OK I'll try a couple more ILS approaches but on my first the autopilot didn't kick off the ALT button.