Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

1 minute ago, jfwharton said:

1.5 beta, PMS50 model.  Left EGT gauge not working and Right CYC temp not working.

It's not working with the TDS alsoi!

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Not an issue but a question should anyone here know about the TDI GTNs...is it possible to cross-fill between them?  If so is there any info on the web on how to do it?  

Thanks

It’s not possible unfortunately.  Reality XP could not make this work with their GTN units either (P3D/XPlane), as it’s a limitation of the Garmin Trainer.  I know that RXP has a working relationship of some sort with Garmin but there has been no indication that X-fill is ever coming to the RXP or TDS GTN’s….🥺

@Lerxtwood

24 minutes ago, C525B said:

Reality XP could not make this work with their GTN units either (P3D/XPlane), as it’s a limitation of the Garmin Trainer.

Thanks for the background info @C525B. This used to really bug me, having to enter the flight plan on both units in the 414, but I've just gotten into the habit of creating my flight plans in simbrief and importing the same flight plan into both TDS 750s in the cockpit. Not perfect, but still love the TDS implementation of the GTN750. Maybe someday Garmin will add the ability in their trainer.

23 minutes ago, C525B said:

It’s not possible unfortunately.  Reality XP could not make this work with their GTN units either (P3D/XPlane), as it’s a limitation of the Garmin Trainer.  I know that RXP has a working relationship of some sort with Garmin but there has been no indication that X-fill is ever coming to the RXP or TDS GTN’s….🥺

@Lerxtwood

Thanks for the info guys.  I wasn't hopeful, but didn't want to be missing that feature because of my ignorance. 🙂

I loved the RXP version in P3D and flew with it often...only had a single unit and managed ok....just getting greedy with 2 units....put the flightplan in one while fiddling with the map on the other...hehe...1st world problem...thankful to any 750 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

23 minutes ago, C525B said:

@Lerxtwood

Thanks for the info guys.  I wasn't hopeful, but didn't want to be missing that feature because of my ignorance. 🙂

I loved the RXP version in P3D and flew with it often...only had a single unit and managed ok....just getting greedy with 2 units....put the flightplan in one while fiddling with the map on the other...hehe...1st world problem...thankful to any 750 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, jfwharton said:

1.5 beta, PMS50 model.  Left EGT gauge not working and Right CYC temp not working.  Same with the GNS model.

Here is a picture:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Interesting that in Into the Blue Simulation's excellent review on YouTube (27 Mar 2022) he was able to feather the left prop using the mouse on a simulated engine failure (see time 52m 30s).   So it has worked in the version he had then.

Edited by Sender46

I can feather using the mouse on the ground but it takes two mouse movements.  The first to bring the propeller lever to zero (it won't go any further on the first movement).  And then the second to feather the propeller.  I'll do a quick flight and see if it works the same way in the air.

So I was able to feather an engine in the air.  Took two mouse movements as mentioned above and after I put it in feather I pulled the mixture all the way back and the engine feathered.  Only thing was I couldn't manage to get it started again.

Edited by jfwharton

51 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I can feather using the mouse on the ground but it takes two mouse movements.  The first to bring the propeller lever to zero (it won't go any further on the first movement).  And then the second to feather the propeller.  I'll do a quick flight and see if it works the same way in the air.

Well blow me down.  I CAN do it, with both props, on the ground and in the air.  Thank you for that 🙂.

I found that I have to put the hardware prop lever (i.e. the TQS lever) to full fine before moving the lever back to low with the mouse, and then to feather, otherwise it doesn't work (I think that's why it wasn't working for me before).  This is what worked:

Throttle to idle and mixture to idle cut-off

Prop to full fine (using hardware, i.e. TQS)

Drag lever back to low with the mouse

Then drag the lever back to the feather position with the mouse (like you said, separate movement).

Edited by Sender46

So I give up.  Again I tried to start an engine in the air after I was able to shut it down and feather it.  I just can't seem to get it started.  Anyone know how it's done?

Does the YD work as it should? When I turn it on, it doesn't affect the movement of the rudder!
AP off, YD on

Version 1.5.0, GTNXi

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

after posting - decided it was not an issue with the Cessna 414A but rather my misunderstanding the GTN750xi

Edited by TacomaSailor
Moved to new inquiry since it is not a 414A issue

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

1 hour ago, jfwharton said:

So I give up.  Again I tried to start an engine in the air after I was able to shut it down and feather it.  I just can't seem to get it started.  Anyone know how it's done?

THIS WORKS FOR ME IN THE AIR::

Mixture to RICH

Throttle half way open (EDIT: It also starts just moving the throttle to half inch open)

Move prop lever from feather position to low with the mouse

Then move prop lever to full fine with the mouse (EDIT: It also starts if you miss out this step and just leave it at low)

Airspeed (130 KIAS) starts the engine

AND THIS WORKS FOR ME ON THE GROUND:

Mixture to RICH

Throttle half inch open as for normal start

Move prop lever from feather position to low with the mouse

Then move prop lever to full fine with the mouse (EDIT: It also starts if you miss out this step and just leave it at low)

Start the engine with the starter button as normal

Edited by Sender46

49 minutes ago, Raller said:

Does the YD work as it should? When I turn it on, it doesn't affect the movement of the rudder!
AP off, YD on

Version 1.5.0, GTNXi

I've read elsewhere (can't recall where) that the yaw damper function does not work in MSFS but I don't know how reliable that information is.

Edited by Sender46